Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

It's just funny: The X-Men recruit all these mutants who have claws, carry guns or swords, or whatever else, yet claim the X-Men don't kill people. If you don't kill people why are you recruiting killers?

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    It's just funny: The X-Men recruit all these mutants who have claws, carry guns or swords, or whatever else, yet claim the X-Men don't kill people. If you don't kill people why are you recruiting killers?
    Redemption I think at least that was the original idea or simply because X-mens wanted to help all mutants including dangerous.

In modern times this idea lost power after numerous betrayals and after mutants were almost extinct more than one occasion which justified the creation of the X-Force.

Even if it is a mutant capable of destroying the world initially X-mens try to help control his powers but if it does not work well we all know what comes next .

These insane and gray days which we live.
    Last edited by Knives; 03-01-2016 at 08:10 AM.

Well technically it's not the weapons or powers that make them killers.
    Be the change you wish to see in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Well technically it's not the weapons or powers that make them killers.
    No, but you get my drift. There's no reason to carry a sword if you don't plan on cutting anybody down with it...

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    Anyone remember this scene?

Yep, and Ororo is being a massive hypocrite there, considering she's killed before. Anyone remember Uncanny #325? She tore out Marrow's heart with her bare hands.

Sure, Marrow got better later (I seem to recalle they retconned it so that Marrow had a second heart - but Storm didn't know that when she did it), but it was obvious given the dialogue that Storm had every intention to kill, and showed no regret over the act.

And it's funny how Ororo is going loco on Wolverine killing someone as X-Force, when over the years he's killed hundreds of people in the comics prior to that. His rampage through the Hellfire Club in Dark Phoenix was a good ol' murderfest. He decapitated Sabretooth (and prior to that, stuck a claw through his brain prior to AoA). He killed Magneto/Xorn in New X-Men #150 (in fact, I've lost count of the times he's tried to kill Magneto, only for him to come back later).

Not to mention that he was specifically placed on the Avengers because Cap wanted someone who was willing to cross the line.
    Last edited by ContinuePlay; 03-01-2016 at 01:03 PM.

No, but you get my drift. There's no reason to carry a sword if you don't plan on cutting anybody down with it...
    Unless you happen to be this guy...

I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

Quote Originally Posted by ContinuePlay View Post
    Yep, and Ororo is being a massive hypocrite there, considering she's killed before. Anyone remember Uncanny #325? She tore out Marrow's heart with her bare hands.

Sure, Marrow got better later (I seem to recalle they retconned it so that Marrow had a second heart - but Storm didn't know that when she did it), but it was obvious given the dialogue that Storm had every intention to kill, and showed no regret over the act.

And it's funny how Ororo is going loco on Wolverine killing someone as X-Force, when over the years he's killed hundreds of people in the comics prior to that. His rampage through the Hellfire Club in Dark Phoenix was a good ol' murderfest. He decapitated Sabretooth (and prior to that, stuck a claw through his brain prior to AoA). He killed Magneto/Xorn in New X-Men #150 (in fact, I've lost count of the times he's tried to kill Magneto, only for him to come back later).

Not to mention that he was specifically placed on the Avengers because Cap wanted someone who was willing to cross the line
    The bolded is especially odd given how Steve has killed before.

BANNED

If that's suppossed to be the case then why did Prof. X recruit Wolverine?
    because he believes that Wolverine can be tamed. Professor X gives people chances to change, to become better individuals and to help him realize his dreams for peaceful coexistence between mutants and humans

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Izanami View Post
    Unless you happen to be this guy...

Well, it's more a swordshaped club he uses...

BANNED

If that's suppossed to be the case then why did Prof. X recruit Wolverine?
    I don't think Wolverine had already killed anybody when he was first recruited into the X-Men. Okay, technically he had killed quite a lot of people, but that was all in comics that were written years later.

Quote Originally Posted by ContinuePlay View Post
    This is really an apple and oranges comparison TBH. What happened between Storm and Marrow vs Storm being opposed to X-Force isn't hypocritical. This version of X-Force was a preemptive kill squad, specifically tasked with hunting down and eliminating threats to mutants with extreme prejudice vs killing when preferred options have been exhausted are two different things.

I think in general most of the X-Men are opposed to killing as a standard, but have also come to understand that sometimes it can't be avoided.

This wasn't the case though. Storm offered Marrow an opportunity to stop her attempt to kill the humans before she ultimately forced Storm's hand (she already attached the bomb trigger to her heart before Storm was aware). And while Storm did feel bad about her actions later on it was clear on panel that she didn't go into that fight with the intent to kill.
    Be the change you wish to see in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I don't think Wolverine had already killed anybody when he was first recruited into the X-Men. Okay, technically he had killed quite a lot of people, but that was all in comics that were written years later.
    I'm pretty sure Xavier had a decent idea what Logan was. At any rate, what about all the people they've recruited since? Don't sign up Deadpool and then get upset when he blows some bloke's head off...

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    because he believes that Wolverine can be tamed. Professor X gives people chances to change, to become better individuals and to help him realize his dreams for peaceful coexistence between mutants and humans
    That's probably the best answer so far. IMO, anyway. Still, though, mutants carrying guns and swords? Why not tell them to stop using them? Don't carry that **** into battle in the first place...

Spectacular Member

I'm pretty sure Xavier had a decent idea what Logan was. At any rate, what about all the people they've recruited since? Don't sign up Deadpool and then get upset when he blows some bloke's head off...
    In Legacy, I remember that Xavier wanted Wolverine on the team because he needed a weapon...

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Most of the X-Men have killed at some point.