Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default SSG Goku VS Marvel Universe

OK. Here we go. SSJ Goku SSJ or whatever the hell his strongest form is called runs the Marvel gauntlet.

How high does he go? How does he do against the cosmics? Silver Surfer, Thanos ,Odin, Thor, etc etc.

Assume at the strongest.

PLEASE keep this civil. I know how DBZ VS X thread gets.

His weird super punch with all the asterisks or not or whatever isn't particularly helping him against the abstracts.

Or the Surfer.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    His weird super punch with all the asterisks or not or whatever isn't particularly helping him against the abstracts.

Or the Surfer.
    or big G.

or maybe adult franklin richards.

Stops at Mid-Herald. All of them should still be as fast or insanely faster and have transmuting or somethign else Goku has essentially no protection against. Maybe if / when GOD KI shows it can protect a God the way you think a God can be protected.

He's one of those who can utterly wreck guys like Thanos, but be utterly stomped by guys like the Surfer(who Thanos treats like utter garbage whenever they get into it). You don't want to mess with him in a physical sense. At all. But if you can mess with him while he can't affect you? You win.
    Last edited by Cody; 02-26-2016 at 02:45 PM.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    He's one of those who can utterly wreck guys like Thanos, but be utterly stomped by guys like the Surfer(who Thanos treats like utter garbage whenever they get into it).
    Basically a Silver Age Superman v. Thanos, thing with Goku. He can't particularly kill him before being transmuted/mind fragged.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Basically a Silver Age Superman v. Thanos, thing with Goku. He can't particularly kill him before being transmuted/mind fragged.
    In a little higher sense, yeah. In this case Goku does have the output to put down Thanos, and those a lot more powerful than that. But if someone is faster than him with a form of molecule manipulation(Surfer), or can be immune to all sorts of physical attacks just by being there while still being able to attack in other ways aside from physical damage(Phoenix Force)? He is going to have a bad time.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

In a little higher sense, yeah. In this case Goku does have the output to put down Thanos, and those a lot more powerful than that.
    Based on?

Arx Inosaan

Based on?

His striking power and ki output. The beam struggle between him and Beerus was threatening the universe(according to the Kais, Beerus, Whis, the narrator, and the light it gave off spreading out far enough to be seen in the kaioshin realm anyway), so it isn't something that Thanos would walk away from so easily I imagine as they basically did everything but actually destroy the universe because if they did there wouldn't be any story. The shockwave it unleashed was even felt in the afterlife, and the afterlife has been shown to be just as big as the universe, meaning if that ball of condensed energy created from their beam struggle went off; it would have destroyed the universe, kaioshin realm, and the afterlife(afterlife in the DB universe seems to be a part of their universe in a physical sense while the kaioshen "realm" is located right outside of the universe). And no matter how one feels on the strength feat from the mighty fist bump of confusion, it is still above anything that Thanos could walk away from unscathed.

I mean a galaxy shook, planets were destroyed(and some were vaped some how), while in the manga the universe itself just shook. I mean it's weird; but him even harming Beerus at all with his strikes, let alone somewhat match his (admittedly held back) strength during their fist bump(this is a cat who shattered half a planet with a casual claw tap on a table he was sitting at)is a feat within itself. One that would also allow him to inflict some serious damage to said Thanos as well I'd imagine.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

But none of that really translates into anything.

"almost" and "shook" along with contradictions and statements without evidence to support, don't translate well.

Basically, in the best case, you've got a Goku that can hurt him, but a Goku that can't hurt him fast enough to stop him.

Ala Silver Age Superman. The guy that can hurt him at speeds on par/better than the Surfer, but can't hurt him enough to keep from dying terribly.

Goku isn't nearly as fast and is marginally stronger depending on how seriously you take his ... All over the place-ness.

Arx Inosaan

But none of that really translates into anything.

"almost" and "shook" along with contradictions and statements without evidence to support, don't translate well.

Basically, in the best case, you've got a Goku that can hurt him, but a Goku that can't hurt him fast enough to stop him.

Ala Silver Age Superman. The guy that can hurt him at speeds on par/better than the Surfer, but can't hurt him enough to keep from dying terribly.

Goku isn't nearly as fast and is marginally stronger depending on how seriously you take his ... All over the place-ness.
    May I ask what contradictions you are referring too please? If you are going to refer to Gokus power before he became a God, and how none of his previous feats match the ones he was showing in Super, then you're basically comparing 2 different characters when it comes to their power(it's like trying to compare GT Goku to Z Goku, both have very different feats and are generally treated as different characters on here unless specified as otherwise in the OP). After Goku became a god he was using a completely new form of ki. He was upgraded, big time, and the fact that he wasn't completely trashed by Beerus supports that much. You don't have to quantify the feats to complete perfection in order to use them. We know that the feat is below something of say; Superman One Million striking ability due to his own feat of sending distortions through time with his hardest punches while on the last dredges of his decreasing power. Yet we can easily see it is something that not even Thanos could easily take. Now Goku knows how to cancel the shockwaves out so his strikes no longer cause any damage to the universe. Which explains why Golden Frieza and him didn't send out any shockwaves in their fight.

The beam struggles(not the fist bumps) shockwave was being felt throughout the universe, afterlife, and Kaioshin realm, and..you pretty much had everyone who can sense this energy say it was going to wreck the universe, as well as the Narrator himself. The light, right before it was about to destroy the universe, completely engulfed said universe, the afterlife, and the kaioshin realm right before the energy was cancelled out by Beerus. I mean..they are basically outright telling you it would bust the universe, and illustrating that with a shockwave that was felt in the afterlife as well as the kaioshin realm and universe, and by having the light of the ball of energy going off engulf the universe and beyond...I don't know what more you want outside of them actually blowing up their own universe. Something neither wanted to actually happen.

And SSB Goku(OP said to use the strongest version of Goku, despite the topic name saying "SSG") is supposed to be even more powerful than that now.

Thanos just isn't taking anything that Goku can dish out right now.
    Last edited by Cody; 02-26-2016 at 04:06 PM.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

Even without the universe shaking thing, you still have Beerus cracking a planet in half by poking a table gently. Which happened before he even bothered to power up to 10% to own a raging nobody slaps bulma but me Vegeta.

Thanos can't hang.

Even without going into universal stuff, I'm fine with him beating Thanos.
    But he's not beating the Surfer.
    It's a Rock-Paper-Scissors-Thing here really.

And yeah, all those abstracts are still too much.

May I ask what contradictions you are referring too please?
    Mainly just the Frieza fight where the universe doesn't asplode.

But eh, I'm not gonna argue the point past what it's already been mod-ruled to be. Just note that Cthulhu agrees not with it.

Arx Inosaan

Mainly just the Frieza fight where the universe doesn't asplode.

But eh, I'm not gonna argue the point past what it's already been mod-ruled to be. Just note that Cthulhu agrees not with it.
    Aww. Was about to make a reply to that and everything .

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Even without going into universal stuff, I'm fine with him beating Thanos.
    But he's not beating the Surfer.
    It's a Rock-Paper-Scissors-Thing here really.

And yeah, all those abstracts are still too much.
    Yep. My point exactly.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral