Thread: Silk #5

Default Silk #5

Flashbacks reveal Silk's efforts to join Black Cat's empire and gain her trust.

In the present, Silk is essentially high on goblin serum and sent to pick a fight with the Black Cat. This is an interesting case where the visual of a fight scene on the cover is less interesting than the visual of the same scene in the comic, since the interior has Goblin Silk.

Some other major moments include Silk's mystery ally referring to her by her first name, and Black Cat taking on Killershrike after his betrayal of Cindy last issue.

I thought the issue had solid characterization, and better fight scenes.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Incredible Member Highland Chicken's Avatar

I thought Stacey Lee was suppose to be back for this issue
    Otherwise pretty solid, better than the last two issues.
    "I can talk to spiders"
    - Kaine Parker

I really really enjoyed this issue. Thought it was fantastic! I really liked the cameos with Jessica Drew and Bobbi Morse having drinks in a bar....that made a really awesome issue a fantastic one for me.

Honestly really tickled right now how the authors of the Spider-Ladies are having each others characters pop up in their books. Jess in Spider-Gwen and Silk, and Gwen in Spider-Woman. I dunno. I think that's awesome and makes me look forward to Spider-Women even more.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

high on goblin serum?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    I really really enjoyed this issue. Thought it was fantastic! I really liked the cameos with Jessica Drew and Bobbi Morse having drinks in a bar....that made a really awesome issue a fantastic one for me.

Honestly really tickled right now how the authors of the Spider-Ladies are having each others characters pop up in their books. Jess in Spider-Gwen and Silk, and Gwen in Spider-Woman. I dunno. I think that's awesome and makes me look forward to Spider-Women even more.
    It would be even better if Jessica and The Black Widow pop up in ASM.

Black Cat's obvious 'soft spot' for Silk is still hard to - accept. Her turn to the 'dark side' has been unconvincing, beyond superficial status, for over 16 months now Marvel time. They really give us no sense of what kind of killcount numbers Felicia is responsible first hand or second hand to earn her of the coveted title of worst of the worse crimelords among New Yorkers (or readers). What's Kingpin been doing - twiddling his thumbs?

This issue was okay - though probably not as good as the previous issues.