Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Default So, is DC trying to write off Tin Drake?

Still no solo on the main Tim. Instead we got angry Terry fans because of older Tim taking his suit.

Than we have yet another DC animation that has Tim mia yet again. Every other male Robin has gotten the love while Tim isn't around since the cancelled Young Justice where his screen time was low. They even paired him with Wondergirl randomly despite them rarely shown together.

Also, did Damian just steal Dick's or Tim's Teen Titans team for the Vs Justice League thing?

Than there's Tim pretty much staying out of Bat stuff and when he is around him, and Cassandra, are just propping up the inferior Harper Row and making her out to be so much better than them in everything.

And where's Stephanie now?

Edit - Tim, not Tin.
    Last edited by Sardorim; 03-08-2016 at 06:08 AM.

If were lucky...

Seriously though, they might. And im not even sure they'd be wrong to do it. Sorry Tim fans.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 02-25-2016 at 07:15 PM.

Yeah I'm still hoping that Tim finds a good home. I would love to see a book with Tim and Steph or Tim/Cass…heck all three. Probably never happen but would it be that much worse sales wise than say Cyborg? Black Canary? Sinestro? Secret Six? I honestly don't understand Robin War when we have perfectly good Robins in Tim, Cass, Steph, Jason etc Not complaining just don't understand.

It may be for the best.It seems that they can't find a place for him.Maybe it's time for Tim to retire like he always said he would do when he 1st became Robin.
    "If you look up at me you will see a friend. If you look down at me you will see an enemy. But if you look me square in the eye you will see a God."-Bray Wyatt

Incredible Member

My guess is that DC hasn't given Tim Drake more than 30 minutes' thought when it comes to Rebirth. DC has about 15 characters that they have to get absolutely right. Tim Drake is not one of those characters.

Extraordinary Member

I could see them trying that. But it would ultimately fail; Tim has too many fans to actually stay in limbo, or retirement, or death forever. And there's still a strong argument to be made that some of the more confusing business decisions DC has made with the character are based off trying to tie his fanbase to specific books, especially in the case of Batman Beyond.

My best case scenario is he turns out to be in some surprising book with a great creative team that clearly liked the old Tim; my worst case is that he gets relegated to whatever the next Eternal book will be.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    I could see them trying that. But it would ultimately fail; Tim has too many fans to actually stay in limbo, or retirement, or death forever. And there's still a strong argument to be made that some of the more confusing business decisions DC has made with the character are based off trying to tie his fanbase to specific books, especially in the case of Batman Beyond.

My best case scenario is he turns out to be in some surprising book with a great creative team that clearly liked the old Tim; my worst case is that he gets relegated to whatever the next Eternal book will be.
    I don't think Tim fans have to worry. He will always have the red carpet at DC. Although I DID like his cowled Red Robin suit better than that bizzy lil' number he's wearing; he looked less like a clone.

Astonishing Member

Now you know what us Tungsten Pharell fans have been going through.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Honestly he shouldn't have even been around Post-Flashpoint.

Fantastic Member

I think he should just start his own detective practice in Gotham. He can interact with Spoiler and all of the other second-gen bat-characters. And it is completely within his element. Lets let Tim have his "Grayson".

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    Still no solo on the main Tim. Instead we got angry Terry fans because of older Tim taking his suit.

Than we have yet another DC animation that has Tim mia yet again. Every other male Robin has gotten the love while Tim isn't around since the cancelled Young Justice whete his screen time was low. They even paired him with Wondergirl randomly despite them rarely shown together.

Slso, did Damian just steal Dick's or Tim's Teen Titans team for the Vs Justice League thing?

Than there's Tim pretty much stating of Bat stuff and when he us around him, and Cassandra, are just propping up the inferior Harper Row and making her out to be solo much better than them in everything.

And where's Stephanie now?

Edit - Tim, not Tin.
    Who did Damian steal from Tim's team? no one from what I can see. Dick's generation has the quintessential Titans who will show up everywhere but even 2 of them are not Damian's team members. It's just Beast Boy and Raven.

If they can't come up with something that actually sells with Tim post-Rebirth, then, maybe they should seriously think about writing him off. Dead weight is dead weight, a story arc of Tim dying would probably sell more books than Tim does right now being alive.
    Last edited by Kurtzberg; 02-25-2016 at 11:44 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kurtzberg View Post
    If they can't come up with something dynamic to do with Tim post-Rebirth, then, maybe they should seriously think about writing him off. Dead weight is dead weight, a story arc of Tim dying would probably sell more books than Tim does right now being alive.
    He was a character with a finite life span from day one,post Identity Crisis he kept on losing more and more of what made him unique while borrowing more from Dick,Batman and ironically even Damian. How else would anyone explain Tim "Wayne" owner of Wayne industries,heir of Ra's al Ghul and Batman jr and the Acheron attempted rape. That's the literal opposite of what Tim was,I know his fans try to justify this as "development" but all I saw was a character moving further and further from his roots while following an idealized path aka walking the Gary Stu road.

Extraordinary Member

I don't now if anybody of you read the Luke Fox Batwing series, but that was imo the direction and tone, they should have used for and adult Tim. That series felt more like a Tim Drake series, than anything they did with Tim in a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurtzberg View Post
    [A] story arc of Tim dying would probably sell more books than Tim does right now being alive.
    "To lose one Robin, Mr. Wayne, may be regarded as a misfortune; to lose both looks like carelessness.*"

But three?

Each time a Robin dies (even if they come back to life), the narrative frame of the Batman corner of the DCU shifts a little, and the idea that Bruce would let another kid be Robin looks more and more sadistically psychotic.

(*Paraphrased from The Importance of Being Earnest, by Oscar Wilde.)
    Doctor Bifrost

"If Roy G. Bivolo had seen some B&W pencil sketches, his whole life would have turned out differently." http://doctorbifrost.blogspot.com/