Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

I really liked Tim Drake, pre-Flashpoint. Since the advent of The New 52, he seems like a smug jerk whose arrogance almost got his parents killed, and who was willing to be Batman's partner until he got bored. He just doesn't interest me any more. I'm hoping they improve his overall storyline in Rebirth.
    Doctor Bifrost

"If Roy G. Bivolo had seen some B&W pencil sketches, his whole life would have turned out differently." http://doctorbifrost.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Radix View Post
    I think he should just start his own detective practice in Gotham. He can interact with Spoiler and all of the other second-gen bat-characters. And it is completely within his element. Lets let Tim have his "Grayson".
    That would be interesting

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Bifrost View Post
    "To lose one Robin, Mr. Wayne, may be regarded as a misfortune; to lose both looks like carelessness.*"

But three?

Each time a Robin dies (even if they come back to life), the narrative frame of the Batman corner of the DCU shifts a little, and the idea that Bruce would let another kid be Robin looks more and more sadistically psychotic.

(*Paraphrased from The Importance of Being Earnest, by Oscar Wilde.)
    I'm not sure if they should kill him or not but I do think something needs to happen to him all the robins had something happen to them even the batgirls and batman had things happen to him so far nothing really bad or life changing has happened to tim nightwing was hook to a bomb babs was shot damian was raise by crazy people for years
    cass was deprived of any love for years bruce was sent back in time spoiler had a baby and even alfred got hit by a big rock and was a bad guy for a year or so
    and jason was killed by the joker its just time for something to happen to tim
    Last edited by hero talk; 02-26-2016 at 12:43 AM.

BANNED

I think DC is basically just struggling to figure out what to do with him while maintaining their system, which makes it far harder than it should be. When you break them down you could get:
    Dick: Grown up Robin, while DC seems to want to keep bouncing him between reserve Batman and being his own man.
    Jason: Angry Robin
    Tim: Smart Robin, but DC seems more inclined to keep him as the Teen Titans Robin.
    Damian: Young Robin

The problem with being Robin however is that it kinda requires them all to have almost identical skillset and all be equally good with them. I am not opposed to the idea if Tim is a bit of a jerk if the empathis remains that he is the smartest of the Robins. By contrast Dick is a better leader and more likable as a person, but not as smart. Likewise Jason is not as good a leader as Dick or as smart as Tim, but he's better at say 'using unconventional for a Robin methods'.
    You could even use this in Teen Titans, leave Tim to be the smart one, but his personality has his friends turn to someone else to be the leader. Kinda like... Donnatello is the smart turtle, but Leo is normally the leader.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Bifrost View Post
    "To lose one Robin, Mr. Wayne, may be regarded as a misfortune; to lose both looks like carelessness.*"

But three?

Each time a Robin dies (even if they come back to life), the narrative frame of the Batman corner of the DCU shifts a little, and the idea that Bruce would let another kid be Robin looks more and more sadistically psychotic.

(*Paraphrased from The Importance of Being Earnest, by Oscar Wilde.)
    Yeah, fair enough, but they can write him out without him dying in the line of duty. He doesn't have to die on Bruce's watch.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    I think DC is basically just struggling to figure out what to do with him while maintaining their system, which makes it far harder than it should be. When you break them down you could get:
    Dick: Grown up Robin, while DC seems to want to keep bouncing him between reserve Batman and being his own man.
    Jason: Angry Robin
    Tim: Smart Robin, but DC seems more inclined to keep him as the Teen Titans Robin.
    Damian: Young Robin

The problem with being Robin however is that it kinda requires them all to have almost identical skillset and all be equally good with them. I am not opposed to the idea if Tim is a bit of a jerk if the empathis remains that he is the smartest of the Robins. By contrast Dick is a better leader and more likable as a person, but not as smart. Likewise Jason is not as good a leader as Dick or as smart as Tim, but he's better at say 'using unconventional for a Robin methods'.
    You could even use this in Teen Titans, leave Tim to be the smart one, but his personality has his friends turn to someone else to be the leader. Kinda like... Donnatello is the smart turtle, but Leo is normally the leader.
    I think DC has been trying to kill one of the robins for some time now they tried to kill dick and failed miserably but I can't blame them for trying it bcoz Gotham being the most crime ridden city even when bat family as big as it is running around makes batman and family look incompetent,dick and Jason are too popular,they have been pushing Damien for some time now that only leaves Tim who is Dan didios favourite robin....so all the Tim fans pray that didios love for Tim is not blinded by logic

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

I would think that they would use Tim and Damian's rivalry as something that's useful. Right now the issue is that DC handed over some of Tim's tech savey to Harper making it where he's not the smart one. Actually pre Flash point and new 52 I was assuming that Tim was eventually going to step up and become Babs assistant and help her out with oracle. Actually I wouldn't mind that in this case. Have Tim become Oracle since we can't have it be Babs now and have him run the Robins and help Bruce out with the computers.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yash View Post
    I think DC has been trying to kill one of the robins for some time now they tried to kill dick and failed miserably but I can't blame them for trying it bcoz Gotham being the most crime ridden city even when bat family as big as it is running around makes batman and family look incompetent,dick and Jason are too popular,they have been pushing Damien for some time now that only leaves Tim who is Dan didios favourite robin....so all the Tim fans pray that didios love for Tim is not blinded by logic
    Think they should just use the other option they have, instead of killing one of the Robins; have one of them turn evil. Jason filled that spot very well... but someone thought he'd be better as an anti-hero. If not, you could even have Damian be that one, with his back story and preferred methods it's practically built into him that he could be 'evil' but in his own head doing the right thing... just like his grandpa.

That said, i dont think they've been trying to kill one of them, Didio wanted to kill Nightwing to give Infinite Crisis some gravitas, to prove that it meant something in the long run (like the death of Barry Allen did for COIE). And if they were in that game, they wouldn't have brought Todd or Damian back from the dead, they wouldn't have Snyder create a new one, or add 2 dozen more in the guise of the streetgang. But they do seem to be struggling to find something unique to do with the ones they have.

The Reboot would have been the ideal time to pare down the Batfamily to a more manageable number and focus on character development. Instead we got most of the old guard, with greatly diminished backstories, and a few new faces with Harper and Duke. DC seem unwilling to tamper too much with the Batfamily. I don't think Tim fans have to worry. He'll turn up somewhere- eventually. Hopefully with a better origin story and shtick. Being the "smart one" isn't enough, not in a family with Bruce, Barbara and now Harper Row. Would it be tacky to confine him to an Oracle style role? Give him a new name (Coeus). I understand, there is an Oracle proxy in Batgirl of Burnside but I can't see the Batfamily using her.

EDIT: darkspellmaster beat me to it lol.
    Last edited by Lady Nightwing; 02-26-2016 at 02:35 AM.

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Some great changes are needed for him. This new DC Universe seem to become more Damian centric than ever and that's no good news for Tim.
    He had to move on, became the new Oracle could be an interesting try or having a "Grayson" treatment.
    But most of all he has to acquire again his pre-N52 attitude and stop being hateful, presumptous and anonymous.
    I miss old Tim Drake.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Nightwing View Post
    The Reboot would have been the ideal time to pare down the Batfamily to a more manageable number and focus on character development. Instead we got most of the old guard, with greatly diminished backstories, and a few new faces with Harper and Duke. DC seem unwilling to tamper too much with the Batfamily. I don't think Tim fans have to worry. He'll turn up somewhere- eventually. Hopefully with a better origin story and shtick. Being the "smart one" isn't enough, not in a family with Bruce, Barbara and now Harper Row. Would it be tacky to confine him to an Oracle style role? Give him a new name (Coeus). I understand, there is an Oracle proxy in Batgirl of Burnside but I can't see the Batfamily using her.

EDIT: darkspellmaster beat me to it lol.
    I think tim should become a doctor gotham really needs a good doctor all of them are usually evil or just plan bad and wouldn't it be cool he could be doctor to the heroes
    but also still fight crime every once in a while

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    Think they should just use the other option they have, instead of killing one of the Robins; have one of them turn evil. Jason filled that spot very well... but someone thought he'd be better as an anti-hero. If not, you could even have Damian be that one, with his back story and preferred methods it's practically built into him that he could be 'evil' but in his own head doing the right thing... just like his grandpa.

That said, i dont think they've been trying to kill one of them, Didio wanted to kill Nightwing to give Infinite Crisis some gravitas, to prove that it meant something in the long run (like the death of Barry Allen did for COIE). And if they were in that game, they wouldn't have brought Todd or Damian back from the dead, they wouldn't have Snyder create a new one, or add 2 dozen more in the guise of the streetgang. But they do seem to be struggling to find something unique to do with the ones they have.
    I can't stand Damien in general but please no becoming bad one anarchy is enough a second who is actually a brat would be unbearable

DC just have no idea what to do with him, the same happened to Dick till he got Grayson (not like it matters now 'cause DC downgraded him to Nightwing again but that's another topic). It was not the best idea to let Lobdell ruin two Robins especially Tim who is not Tim anymore. Tim was the normal kid in the family and that's why I liked him but besides that? People like to point out how smart he is but it doesn't impress me because Dick, Babs and even Damian and Jason are smart in their own way so being the smartest or whatever does not give him an advantage. DC need to find a new direction for Tim. Leader of the Teen Titans is also not working well for him and it's not just because the current book sucks. He needs his own thing. Maybe the street hero part needs a break, maybe he should join the police or study medicine and return to Batman's supporting cast for now. It's better than what is happening to him right now.
    Last edited by ayanestar; 02-26-2016 at 03:53 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Have Tim become Oracle since we can't have it be Babs now and have him run the Robins and help Bruce out with the computers.
    That's an awesome idea. They should do that! It has legacy behind it, and progress at the same time.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

One thing I had hoped for, especially after Rebirth was announced, is that We are Robin would have been co-opted into basically the Batkids book...with Dick, Jason, Tim, Steph, Cass and Harper And Damian. That or just the "brothers" Dick, Jason, Tim and Damien. They maintain their individual identities...Nightwing, RH, Red Robin, Robin...but they've all been Robin so to me that would have been a perfect place for Tim to be worked out.