Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1,000 Times

Mighty Member

Default 1,000 Times

You become 1,000 times faster, stronger, tougher, and smarter than you are now. You also will live 1,000 times longer than the average human lifespan and you heal 1,000 times faster.

What do you do?

Become a action movie star/ stunt man and use cash to fund my dreams.

Screw super heroics I want to enjoy life.

Edit: and in the side troll MMA spirt for easy cash.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Farealmer View Post
    You become 1,000 times faster, stronger, tougher, and smarter than you are now. You also will live 1,000 times longer than the average human lifespan and you heal 1,000 times faster.

What do you do?
    Nobody can really answer this question, since we don't know what a being smarter than the smartest human would look like.

For that matter, the idea of "super intelligence" is a pretty fantastical concept. What is smarter than a human? We can already plan ahead, think abstractly, reason deductively, derive conclusions based on evidence and form theories with strong predictive power based on those conclusions.

What would something "more" be able to do than that? There literally isn't anything else, mind-wise, that a being could do that we can't already do. I suppose a super-intelligence could do all those things *faster* than a regular person, but then you're really just talking about quantity, not quality.

Anyways, since you're really looking for a simple answer and not a well-thought-out one, I'd use my intelligence to solve the fusion problem in tokamaks, give mankind cheap energy, and eventually take mankind to the stars with me.

I become immediately aware that my abilities exist only within a comic book (not Marvel or DC), with a circulation of less than 50 copies. I also know that there will be no second issue. My long lifespan equals the amount of time it takes for the comics to crumble into dust. My other abilities do not enable me to escape from the written pages. What do I do? Nothing. :-)

BANNED

What do you do?
    Probably be very, very bored once the novelty wears off.

Win jeopardy, become decorated olympian, World Strongest Man comps, buy an island, renovate said Island, build hotel on island for the rich to spend money and make me richer, live off the land on separate part of the island, enjoy life

Incredible Member

In a few years kill myself. 80 or 90 thousand years of life would end up being hell on earth. I wouldn't want that.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

What do you do?
    A thousand times stronger than NOW? That woul put me up around a mid-their Disgaea Demon!

I could go even crazier with that power.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

BANNED

Would we also get this theme song?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Probably be very, very bored once the novelty wears off.

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Allan View Post
    In a few years kill myself. 80 or 90 thousand years of life would end up being hell on earth. I wouldn't want that.

Agree, the physical stats boost are nice and all, but being 1000x smarter, and your thoughts also that much faster...

sfsf.jpg

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

What do you do?
    Murder 1000 children.

I definitely do not flaunt my capabilities. I use my super-high intellect to get wealthy from playing the stock market and use some of that wealth to acquire real estate in various places, including other parts of the world. I fake my own death from time to time, and start over elsewhere. I also invest some of my money in gold, because in the coming centuries, economies and currencies will rise and fall. And I use protection when I have sex, under the assumption that any offspring that I have would also live a very long time. Maybe towards the end of my long life I might have a kid or two. The problem with having too many kids over that long a time span is that they could potentially become a significant sub-species that causes great disruption and poses a threat to my own long-term well-being.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    I definitely do not flaunt my capabilities. I use my super-high intellect to get wealthy from playing the stock market and use some of that wealth to acquire real estate in various places, including other parts of the world. I fake my own death from time to time, and start over elsewhere. I also invest some of my money in gold, because in the coming centuries, economies and currencies will rise and fall. And I use protection when I have sex, under the assumption that any offspring that I have would also live a very long time. Maybe towards the end of my long life I might have a kid or two. The problem with having too many kids over that long a time span is that they could potentially become a significant sub-species that causes great disruption and poses a threat to my own long-term well-being.
    You don't wanna be leader of the vampire clans?

You don't wanna be leader of the vampire clans?
    Not when those damned childer are going to constantly plot against me or even try to commit diablerie.

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    Not when those damned childer are going to constantly plot against me or even try to commit diablerie.
    I gotcha covered.