Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Prisoner 6655321 View Post
    * I wouldn't mind seeing the DCU aged along a scale something like this (using Batman and Robins as a sorta measuring stick for the rest of where the rest of the universe should be age wise); I'd like to see something like Bruce: 44, Dick: 34, Jason: 28, Tim: 20, Damian: 13. Those aren't specific numbers but it gives some idea of how widely spread out I'd like to see ages in the DCU and personally I'd like to see the spectrum even wider than that with some characters like, potentially the West twins being less than 10 and maybe someone like Wesley Dodds being exceptionally elderly (maybe even over 100, obvious this sorta age would be a rare exception).
    I think it would be better to keep Bruce in his 30s.

Maybe make it something like this:

Bruce 38
    Dick 25
    Jason 20
    Tim 18
    Damian never existed.. er... I mean 13.

Bruce would have been 25 when he took in Dick.

But they really need to stop adding Robins... Dick and Tim were the only good ones...

Incredible Member Prisoner 6655321's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lairston View Post

Bruce 38
    Dick 25
    Jason 20
    Tim 18

But they really need to stop adding Robins... Dick and Tim were the only good ones...
    I could totally get behind most of this but I always took Dick and Bruce not quite so far apart in age and Jason should fall more in the middle of Dick and Tim so he should be a bit older too. Maybe something like 40, 34, 27, 19, 13.
    Did you know that every atom in our bodies was once part of a star? Think about that… EVERYTHING changes. Caterpillars turn into butterflies and stars turn into @$$holes.

To counter the JL retro-silver-age revival;
    An in-universe unapologetically 90s eXtreme-forward-legacy JLX team:
    IE all the 90s eXtreme created replacement characters as a team:
    -Eradicator Last Son - for Dead Superman
    -Azrael JPV Bat - for Broken Batman
    -Artemis Amazon - for Missing? Wonder Woman
    -Speed-Force Wally - for Sacrificed Dead Barry Flash
    -Rayner White/Extreme-Ion-Rainbow! - For Insane & Dead Lantern
    -Conner Hawk - For ridiculously Bload himself Up Oliver Queen
    -Zauriel - for missing Hawks?

90's EXTREME JUSTICE
    ALWAYS FORWARD NEVER BACK!

Last edited by Güicho; 03-12-2020 at 10:42 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prisoner 6655321 View Post
    I could see Dick being a little younger on this scale and Jason a little younger but only a few years either way but I don't give any credence to animated films (I can stand very little animation), I base judgement solely on comics. As for Tim, even if he did come a bit sooner after Jason's death he was a good bit younger if I recall correctly the young Justice crew were a bit younger than when the Titans when they started and Bruce was hesitant to take Tim on as Robin (if I recall correctly this only really happened after a young Tim figured out Batman's secret identity on his own) because of Jason's death.
    Jason based on the comics at best 12 when he started as Robin, and not Robin for a very long time. And in the comic version of Under the Red Hood he was 18.
    Directly pre flashpoint he was two years older than Tim and rougly the same age as Cassandra Cain. (And even these two years are really hard to justify based on the original comics or the offical timelines)

I also don't realy see the point in having a Robin in the early 30 and one in the late 20s. If you really want to go for different generations some thing like Dick mid to late 20s, Jason young adult, Tim at high school age and Damian as pre teen seems a better choice for me.
    Last edited by Aahz; 02-29-2016 at 02:06 PM.

Fantastic Member

I hope to see Wonder Woman trying to do what Superman does and live a normal life while being a super hero who protects a city, let's leave the gods and mythology stuff behind for a year or two.

Green lantern for me is a similar case to WW, i wanna see Hal back in Coast City just living his life and being the hero who fights of super villains in that city. if not Hal then Kyle, John, Guy, Simon or Jessica I would be happy to see on earth being a regular superhero. I'm tired of the space opera's and trying to compete with those stories against Star Wars seems like suicide. Just one lantern book on earth is all I ask DC.

I wouldn't mind any of the broken marriages coming back like Clark and Lois or Barry and Iris.

I'd like the families to be together again like the bat family and the super family, I don't want them infighting like they have been with the new 52.
    DC: Action Comics, Batman, Batman/Superman, Batman and Robin, Batman Off World, Detective Comics, Flash, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, JG: Flash, JL vs. Godzilla, JSA, Nightwing, Shazam, Superman, Titans, Beast World

Marvel: Amazing Spider-Man, Fall of the House of X, Fantastic Four, Resurrection of Magneto, Spectacular Spider-Men, Ultimate Spider-Man, WolverineL Madripoor Knights, X-Men

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by beetee View Post
    I consider the Legion to be one of "The Essentials" to be clearly restored (and better utilized). If I can't get the trunks or the marriage, Make Mine Legion (And reestablish The Great Darkness Saga as Canon).
    I don't hate the Legion or anything, I just don't think they work in the context of the current continuity. It's kind of odd having him flying around in his shorts and a T-shirt with a little cape on his back. Morrison already established they were at least part of his history but, like a lot of things, they've never gone back to it. If the New52 has a major problem, it's hinting at things and then never following up on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    IE all the Xtreme 90s created replacement characters as a team:
    -Eradicator Last Son - for Superman
    -Azrael JPV Bat - for Batman
    -Artemis Amazon - for Wonder Woman
    -Speed-Force Wally - for Flash
    -Rayner White/Extreme-Ion-Rainbow! - For Lantern
    -Bloodwynd - For J'onn J'onzz
    -Zauriel - for Hawks

Add: Connor Hawke - for Arrow
    Cassandra Cain, Linda Danvers & Bertinelli
    It might be interesting to have this be one of the multiverses. A "legacy" universe where the Eradicator replaced Superman after his death and Azrael is Batman's permanent replacement. This might make more sense than that Earth 16 with the teenagers.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    The whole reason why the current origin works is because it's just an update of the GA version. Adding a bunch of extras just makes things more confusing for no reason. Does he REALLY need to be a member of the Legion? Does he REALLY need to be flying around as Superboy or having adventures pre-Metropolis? The comics kind of hint that he helped people in secret around Smallville as a kid. That's good enough for me. When it doubt, always follow the KISS rule: Keep It Simple, Stupid.
    You do realize that Morrison's origin story still connects Superman to the Legion, right? More generzlly: while it isn't particularly important to Superman that there be a tie to the Legion, it's very important to the Legion. The worst thing that ever happened to them was when the writers were forced to excise Superboy from the Legion's history.

Which is not to say that I necessarily want young Clark flying around Smallville as Superboy. Clark's adventures as Superboy can easily be confined (mostly) to the 31st Century, with his 21st-century youth being more Smallville-like (e.g., no costume, no codename, no flight).

EDIT: as for utilizing it, I'd love it if Rebirth included an Adventure title that focused on Superboy and the Legion of Superheroes, with the occasional sidestory of teenaged Clark in Smallville.
    Last edited by Dataweaver; 02-29-2016 at 07:33 PM.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

I kind of addressed that above. But, also like I said, DC has a tendency to acknowledge something and then never mention it again. The Legion seems to be one of these things. So who knows what his relationship with them is now.

Yeah, you did — while I was in the middle of composing the above message. Which doesn't invalidate any of what I said.

Consider that one of the points of this thread is to state what we want such relationships to be. No, the Legion isn't a significant part of Superman's adventures; I'm fine with that. But that doesn't mean that the Legion should be entirely divorced from the Superman mythos (or worse, deleted from continuity entirely). The Legion really ought to continue to exist, to be utiized better, and to be tied to Clark's teenaged years.
    Rogue wears rouge.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lairston View Post

Bruce 38
    Dick 25
    Jason 20
    Tim 18

I'd prefer for characters exact age to be left ambiguous, within a range of a few years. I imagine Bruce in his late 30s or early 40s, maybe slightly older than Clark Kent. Dick seems to be in his mid 20s, Jason a few years younger. I think Tim could still be in high school, and Damian is obviously pre teen. Bat family ages are actually pretty easy to figure out. Figuring out the ages of the Xmen sounds like a nightmare.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I actually liked Secret Origins. Not as much as Morrison's, but I'm not a stickler for continuity so I don't really care how it did or not did not mesh with the overall post-Crisis canon. Restoring the Legion is rectifying one of Byrne's mistakes, IMO. Frank's Reeve!Clark did weird me out though.

Anyway

- Restore the NTT era Titans as being a team, in the franchise's history if not in the present. We're getting an adult Titans book as well as a Teen Titans, so maybe Dick's generation will be a team. I hope that Vic will have history with them before becoming part of the League, but probably shouldn't get my hopes up.
    - Red haired Wally West.
    - Shazam/Captain Marvel on Earth-5, but utilizing the Johns/Frank version. He doesn't gain anything from being on the same Earth as Superman.
    - Wonder Woman's lore would be a combination of Azzarello's, Perez's and Marston/pre-Crisis: Zeus daddy, Perez's Amazon cast, young Steve, Donna has her pre-Crisis origin, advanced Amazons, Washington D.C setting, Barbara Minerva as the Cheetah, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    IE all the Xtreme 90s created replacement characters as a team:
    -Eradicator Last Son - for Superman
    -Azrael JPV Bat - for Batman
    -Artemis Amazon - for Wonder Woman
    -Speed-Force Wally - for Flash
    -Rayner White/Extreme-Ion-Rainbow! - For Lantern
    -Bloodwynd - For J'onn J'onzz
    -Zauriel - for Hawks

Add: Connor Hawke - for Arrow
    Cassandra Cain, Linda Danvers & Bertinelli
    Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    It might be interesting to have this be one of the multiverses. A "legacy" universe where the Eradicator replaced Superman after his death and Azrael is Batman's permanent replacement. This might make more sense than that Earth 16 with the teenagers.
    Morrison's Earth-16 was indeed supposed to be a tribute to 90s Earth; so yeah, I could get behind a reboot of it that includes a “Justice League Extreme” composed of 90s anti-heroes, such as AzBats and the Eradicator. In particular, I'm very put off by the “media brats living shallow, meaningless lives” concept that Morrison ended up using, and would gladly see that aspect wiped away.

That said, replacing it with “the world of 90s anti-heroes” isn't exactly a step up from that. What would work for me would be a world populated by 90s heroes, with a JLX similar to what's outlined above, but with the JLX counterbalanced by the Titans, who vconsider themselves to be the true heirs of the Justice League and view te JLX as usurpers. The early 90s featured anti-heroes; the late 90s did a 180 on that. And even when the 90s introduced anti-heroes, it was usually in the context of showing the writers' distaste for the concept. AzBats was never intended to be a permanent replacement for Bruce; he was intended to go off the rails so that Bruce could reclaim the title from him. So yeah; include a team of anti-heroes — but oppose them with a next generation of genuine heroes.
    Rogue wears rouge.

On Wonder Woman: If I had to choose between “daughter of Zeus” and “clay statue brought to life by Olympian goddesses”, I'd rather have the latter. That said, my preferred origin would be “Hypollyta's daughter”, with the identity of her father (if any; see parthenogenesis) ultimately deemed unimportant. Rather than Wonder Woman being drastically superior to the Amazons, I'd prefer that she “merely” be among the best of them. And rather than her having superhuman powers inherited from and/or granted by the gods, I'd prefer her to back to one of the earliest Wonder Woman concepts, where her powers are more like a westernized version of wuxia such as Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, with Diana's superhuman feats being the result of mystical Amazon martial training aided by magical tools such as her bracelets and lasso.
    Rogue wears rouge.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    Morrison's Earth-16 was indeed supposed to be a tribute to 90s Earth; so yeah, I could get behind a reboot of it that includes a “Justice League Extreme” composed of 90s anti-heroes, such as AzBats and the Eradicator. In particular, I'm very put off by the “media brats living shallow, meaningless lives” concept that Morrison ended up using, and would gladly see that aspect wiped away.

That said, replacing it with “the world of 90s anti-heroes” isn't exactly a step up from that. What would work for me would be a world populated by 90s heroes, with a JLX similar to what's outlined above, but with the JLX counterbalanced by the Titans, who vconsider themselves to be the true heirs of the Justice League and view te JLX as usurpers. The early 90s featured anti-heroes; the late 90s did a 180 on that. And even when the 90s introduced anti-heroes, it was usually in the context of showing the writers' distaste for the concept. AzBats was never intended to be a permanent replacement for Bruce; he was intended to go off the rails so that Bruce could reclaim the title from him. So yeah; include a team of anti-heroes — but oppose them with a next generation of genuine heroes.
    I like this idea a lot,but who would be on your Titan team?