Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Default What are one one or two titles you wish DC had announced for Rebirth?

Exactly what the title says...with all the rebirthing going on, what are a couple of titles you wish DC had gone with, maybe it is a title that is not getting another shot or something new...mine would be:
    We Are Robin. Re-tool the title into a bat-kids book. Either featuring just the 'brothers' Dick, Jason, Tim and Damien or all the kids including the girls Steph, Cass, Harper and even Barbara. Most of these have at one time or another been a Robin (all the guys have, Steph was in another life) and it would be a nice place to see their sense of family developed on a regular basis.
    OR
    Young Justice. If Damien is taking over Teen Titans, it's not likely Tim will be sticking around. I would love to see the original Young Justice kids...Tim, Cassie and Kon starting out on their own finding their place in the super hero sun. They aren't quite at the big kids table and they dont really fit at the little kids table either...they need their own group identity and they strike out to find it on their own. Give it to Seeley, Stewart or Fletcher and let them go to town and develop these kids into their own.

A Captain Marvel/SHAZAM! ongoing.

A Global Guardians ongoing, Not a bunch mostly caucasian Americans and one or two international members like most of the JLI, but the Actual Global Guardians starring the actual international team.

Team Atom(ics):
    Ray, Ryan and Rhonda ...together!

To counter the JL retro-silver-age revival;
    An in universe unapologetically 90s eXtreme-forward-legacy-replacements JLX team 7:
    -Eradicator S Last Son - for Superman
    -Azrael JPV Bat - for Batman
    -Artemis Amazon - for Wonder Woman
    -Speed-Force Wally - for Flash
    -Rayner White/Extreme-Ion-Rainbow! - For Lantern
    -Bloodwynd - For J'onn J'onzz
    -Zauriel - for Hawks

Add: Connor Hawke - for Arrow
    Cassandra Cain & Linda Danvers
    Last edited by Güicho; 02-29-2016 at 12:57 PM.

Zatanna. I truly believe she could be an A-list character if DC put the effort into her but they never do. And over time she's more and more sidelined as "Constantine's love interest" despite the fact she has just as interesting a history and personality as he does.

Hopefully JL Dark movie will finally boost her up. But it could also boost the second "Constantine" angle instead.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

Spectacular Member

Shazam, but I think that's a easy one for many people to pick. I came back into comics from the New 52, so I am not sure what was being published right before Flashpoint. I will say I will miss Midnighter, Martian Manhunter, and Justice League 3001. Hopefully Midnighter can be incorporated into Nightwing (which hopefully keeps a lot of what made Grayson great), and I imagine Martian Manhunter will be put in one of the Justice League books.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by dan12456 View Post
    Zatanna. I truly believe she could be an A-list character if DC put the effort into her but they never do. And over time she's more and more sidelined as "Constantine's love interest" despite the fact she has just as interesting a history and personality as he does.

Hopefully JL Dark movie will finally boost her up. But it could also boost the second "Constantine" angle instead.
    I never cared for Zatanna as one of Constantine's love interest. While I like Constantine, I do agree that Zatanna deserved better than being put in that angle. She is a great character.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Doom Patrol

Legion of Super-Heroes.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

A New Gods ongoing (Orion Lightray Bekka Big Barda Mr Miracle)
    Last edited by zoch; 02-26-2016 at 09:49 AM.

Astonishing Member

None, because I think there are enough books (around 50, when you include double shipping) right now. Any book I want, I want to be done right.

I want a LEGION book, but I'd rather wait for Tom King, James Roberts, John Hickman, or someone I'm not familiar with to become available to write it than have a sub-par, half hearted attempt by a creator without the skill or the passion to make it great.

I'd like a Shazam book, and a Doom Patrol book, but I want those living up to their potential; I want SHAZAM to be as good as if Gaiman were writing it, I want Doom Patrol to be on the level of Grant Morrison's Doom Patrol. They need that level of quality to really be successful.

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

Legion and Wildstorm seem like the obvious ones to me. My #1 choice is a Static book in the main DCU, but I think that is pretty much impossible at this point

These are the two books I would like to see again.

Batwoman

and

Catwoman

Hopefully they will have back-ups in Detective or Batman.

Mighty Member

Legion of Superheroes, Hawkman and/or Hawkgirl are my picks.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deniz Camp View Post
    None, because I think there are enough books (around 50, when you include double shipping) right now. Any book I want, I want to be done right.

I want a LEGION book, but I'd rather wait for Tom King, James Roberts, John Hickman, or someone I'm not familiar with to become available to write it than have a sub-par, half hearted attempt by a creator without the skill or the passion to make it great.

I'd like a Shazam book, and a Doom Patrol book, but I want those living up to their potential; I want SHAZAM to be as good as if Gaiman were writing it, I want Doom Patrol to be on the level of Grant Morrison's Doom Patrol. They need that level of quality to really be successful.
    Quality =/= Success, as we've been shown all too often in recent years.

And I'm mostly playing devil's advocate; I agree with you 99.99% of the time.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

- Swamp Thing
    - Batwoman

BANNED

I'm not desperate for a Shazam book, but I am mildly curious as to what the holdup is, specifically.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

I actually have three that I wish they had announced.

-Legion
    -Shazam
    -Red Robin
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG