Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by NotSoSuper View Post
    Open peoples' belts and watch the chaos that follows.
    I still think the bowel disruptor from Transmetropolitan is better.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Dark Elf is going to have a shocker coming for him, is all I've got to say.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

I would use my powers to drive around in a custom car that I control just through my magnetism. Then I would stop at gas stations just to brag to the attendants that my car doesn't need gas. And if they contradict me, things will happen!

Astonishing Member

Agressively discourage terrorism, protect people, Make money. Garner power and influence

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    Has Magneto ever actually manipulated the iron in someone's blood stream outside of X2 where the iron was unnaturally elevated by Mystique?

And a lot of Magneto's feats don't match with his powerset and largely explained away by odd hand wavey statements. Like his capability to create forcefields that are nigh impenetrable. He can manipulate metal and magnetic waves, neither of those should be powerful enough to create a forcefield capable of stopping bullets. The jump to making magnetic waves a tangible force is where his powers are stretched for the sake of comic book coolness rather than rooted in the science of his powers.
    Besides the mental shenanigans mentioned earlier, he's also bent light around himself and become invisible.

Personally, I'd do the celebrity thing, get rich, then hire the best lawyers in the country to negotiate a contract with the government that licences me to act as an agent of the military but at the same time gives me the right to refuse an order I think is unacceptable. I want to help but I don't want to be a puppet of whomever happens to be in office at the time.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

It's actually in the military code that you HAVE to refuse Illegal orders. Unethical is more of a grey area if it isn't actually illegal.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rhyvurg View Post
    Besides the mental shenanigans mentioned earlier, he's also bent light around himself and become invisible.

Personally, I'd do the celebrity thing, get rich, then hire the best lawyers in the country to negotiate a contract with the government that licences me to act as an agent of the military but at the same time gives me the right to refuse an order I think is unacceptable. I want to help but I don't want to be a puppet of whomever happens to be in office at the time.
    If we are taking Magneto's powers at face value along with their ridiculousness then you are essentially a god. You don't need to work for the government, you can pretty much be the government and no one would be able to stop you. Comics Magneto can make air pockets in space, so it's not like he'd get hit with nuclear radiation if someone nuked the country to get rid of you.

You'd just become a benevolent global dictator.

Quote Originally Posted by Photon Torme View Post
    Agressively discourage terrorism, protect people, Make money. Garner power and influence
    Don't forget drop a football stadium on the white house if Trump gets elected.

If we are taking Magneto's powers at face value along with their ridiculousness then you are essentially a god. You don't need to work for the government, you can pretty much be the government and no one would be able to stop you. Comics Magneto can make air pockets in space, so it's not like he'd get hit with nuclear radiation if someone nuked the country to get rid of you.

You'd just become a benevolent global dictator.

Don't forget drop a football stadium on the white house if Trump gets elected.
    People in charge are also the people responsible for things that go wrong. I don't want responsibility, I want luxury and security from people trying to tell me how I "should" do things without having to do things like murder protesters and rebels.

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    It's actually in the military code that you HAVE to refuse Illegal orders. Unethical is more of a grey area if it isn't actually illegal.
    I remember that part, it hasn't been that long since I was in the Air Force. I mean if someone says "Go cripple this middle eastern nation so we can get their oil," I can say "No."

People in charge are also the people responsible for things that go wrong. I don't want responsibility, I want luxury and security from people trying to tell me how I "should" do things without having to do things like murder protesters and rebels.
    If you're a dictator I don't think people will be telling you to do stuff, I mean if the prime minister of a country talks **** about you then you just make their stapler hit them in the face or something.

If you're a dictator I don't think people will be telling you to do stuff, I mean if the prime minister of a country talks **** about you then you just make their stapler hit them in the face or something.
    People do that with dictators all the time. And to the average rock-throwing dissident, the tyrant who can send tanks and bombers against you, is as functionally godlike as Magneto, but they still do it.

People do that with dictators all the time. And to the average rock-throwing dissident, the tyrant who can send tanks and bombers against you, is as functionally godlike as Magneto, but they still do it.
    I don't think that's fair, people would stop sending tanks and drones after a Magneto style dictator after they seem him crunch them into a ball with minimal effort then throw it through their parliament/palace. I think once you establish you're in a completely different league then people will give up or fall in line.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

I don't personally want to be a dictator, killing people, taking responsibility for the world, etc. Also, I feel I'm neither justified nor equipped to direct the fate of the human race.

Mileage may vary.

Not sure what I would do with Magneto's full powerset other than 'make stupid amounts of money (there are any number of legal ways to do this with Magneto's powerset) and travel the world for the remainder of my life.'
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Astonishing Member

I might see if I could use the powers for medical treatments. I've always pondered those in the comics who just use their abilities to fight.

A Green Lantern physician for instance could save many. Remember when Clark saved Lois with heat vision (BTW, that was ridiculous). Having watched good people die of things we cannot fix how - I would see if I could treat folks. An Atom could do microsurgeries for instance.

Mighty Member

Soranik Natu was a doctor Green Lantern and used her lantern powers for medical purposes as her first act as Green Lantern.