Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    If we are taking Magneto's powers at face value along with their ridiculousness then you are essentially a god. You don't need to work for the government, you can pretty much be the government and no one would be able to stop you. Comics Magneto can make air pockets in space, so it's not like he'd get hit with nuclear radiation if someone nuked the country to get rid of you.
    Well, yeah, acting like a god and trying to work over or eliminate governments is exactly what he's tried to do repeatedly, from Lee and Kirby to Morrison and Quitely -- missiles, Asteroid M, Avalon, global EMPs, etc. It's just that there were others with godlike powers around to stop him.

I don't get the doubt and skepticism towards Magneto's powers in this thread. OP said Magneto, so everything he did the comics is fair game. Any scenario of "You with the power of X" is bound to be ridiculous, so take it and run with it.
    Last edited by Cyke; 03-02-2016 at 03:21 PM.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rhyvurg View Post
    I remember that part, it hasn't been that long since I was in the Air Force. I mean if someone says "Go cripple this middle eastern nation so we can get their oil," I can say "No."
    Well yeah, the real army would have thought that too, that's why they had to phrase it in the form of "they are trying to get nukes!" and "They MAY be related to the group that already attacked us (but we kinda doubt it)."
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Mileage may vary.
    Mileage? Magneto's car knows not the limits of mileage!

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Well played, sir. Well played.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post

If I recall correctly he froze a bunch of X-Men (like statues) by using the iron in their blood back in the day.

He also manipulated his kids biology based off of their blood, if memory serves. Lets ignore the feasibility of this

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Farealmer View Post
    In Maggot's backstory he saved Maggot by ripping the iron out of the blood of the people trying to kill him. He doesn't just control magnetism but IIRC the entire Electromagnetic(EM) force.
    Lets see:

Fatal attractions, he unleased a massive EMP on the planet (due to the Magneto Protocols threatening his well being, and this was after he warned them not to do it!), this might not sound bad, except every bit of tech we rely on now, unless heavily fortified, would be fried, and it was.

HE was going to reverse the planets magnetic field (for "reasons") before Joseph stopped him

He also is a master of the Electromagnetic forces not just magnetism.