Default All-New Inhumans #4 (Spoilers)

Making this in order to get the Spoilers out of the Inhumans thread ha!

This issue was a nice wrap up to the first arc, though my only complaint was how did they get Flint out o the gas chamber?

Great character moments for Gorgon, Swain, and Pan this issue - the more I see of Pan the more fascinating I find her. Also our least favorite newbie Jack made a re-appearance! He's a total jerk, but I kinda like him. And for the record: Swain, Panacea, and Jack were all created by James Asmus (and are the first characters he's ever created for Marvel). Go over to Twitter and let him know you love them!

I wasn't expecting Crystal to take the course of action she did and form a treaty with Sin Cong, but now that I think about it, what else could she have done? And I like how she stood up for decision against Medusa and Daisy, but she looks so damn tired. I think Crys needs a hug.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

I'm still confused about how Crystal and Flint were captured in the first place. One page they're having a heart to heart in the RIV, next they're in elaborate glass cages.

I really hope Jack gets developed into a full fledged villain. Maybe one of those Skyspears will give him a big upgrade and we'll actually see what his powers are. He could be very compelling as a self-hating Inhuman.
    My pull list
    A-Force, All-New Inhuman, All-New All-Different Avengers, Captain America: Sam Wilson, Captain Marvel, Ms. Marvel, New Avengers, The Ultimates, and Weirdworld.

Quote Originally Posted by marvelousmetalmouse View Post
    I'm still confused about how Crystal and Flint were captured in the first place. One page they're having a heart to heart in the RIV, next they're in elaborate glass cages.

I really hope Jack gets developed into a full fledged villain. Maybe one of those Skyspears will give him a big upgrade and we'll actually see what his powers are. He could be very compelling as a self-hating Inhuman.
    I think in the scene in #3 the soldiers come to the Commissar and say they see some Inhumans trying to break in - I am assuming it's Flint and Crystal and they got gassed in order to get captured.

As for Jack - that would be a really interesting angle to take! Huh....Never thought of that. Guess we'll have to wait and see what happens!

Speaking of Villians - the Waking Dream (or Nightmare because seriously) taking over the Commissar's father. That whole situation is going to come back and bite Crystal in the ass I think. She had to make a decision - but I think this is one she's going to regret later down the line.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Ok, I have to admit I got all sorts of glee when Crystal basically told Medusa and Daisy to shove it.

Mighty Member

not a solid first outing for this book. ill give the second arc a shot but its on thin ice.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Danileriver23 View Post
    not a solid first outing for this book. ill give the second arc a shot but its on thin ice.
    Really? I loved it, combined with Uncanny, has thrown out a bunch of plot seeds everywhere whist being a solid story in it's own right. Just what you want from a first arc.

Extraordinary X-Man redrunner97's Avatar

I certainly thought it was phenomenal, and I've never been accused of having bad tastes.
    MY TOP 5 MARVEL HEROES:
    BLACK BOLT | CYCLOPS | SPIDER-MAN 2099 | WICCAN | MS. MARVEL

MY TOP 5 DC HEROES:
    BATMAN | MIDNIGHTER | SWAMP THING | INFINITY MAN | NIGHTWING

SPIDER-MAN 2099 APPRECIATION THREAD | MAN-THING APPRECIATION THREAD

Pan should join the Dark Riders lol [see current volume of Uncanny X-Men].

I thought it was a good issue, a little bit weaker than the others but not a bad one.

Quote Originally Posted by VJ. View Post
    Really? I loved it, combined with Uncanny, has thrown out a bunch of plot seeds everywhere whist being a solid story in it's own right. Just what you want from a first arc.

Exactly this. I loved every second of the first arc and I think it's only going to get better from here.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I thought it was a good issue, a little bit weaker than the others but not a bad one.
    I kinda felt the same way. Really enjoyed the arc as a whole though.

Issue #4 is currently 8th on Marvel digital best sellers list!

Mighty Member

I enjoyed the arc overall, while the ending may have been rushed a bit I felt we saw some interesting character development. The Gorgon and Swain moment was well done, Pan continues to be and interesting character and I love how they are balancing showing that Crystal is a strong leader but stills feels the pressure of the job she is tasked with.

I really like what James Asmus have done with these characters so far. I give this first arc a solid 8/10.