Incredible Member

Default What's the verdict on the CM punk written "Drax" book thus far?

While I'm not buying or reading this book as both a comics and pro wrestling fan I was interested when Marvel announced they were bringing Punk in to write the book. (well co write really) I wasn't really expecting the book to be a runaway hit but he was paired with a competent co writer in Bunn & a top notch artist in Ed Mcguinness & based on the estimates it doesn't really seem to be doing that hot.

What do people buying/reading the book think of it?

It's actually Scott Hepburn doing the linework.

I've never read a full issue myself, but from little I've seen it looks like a load of fun and Scott Hepburn is bringing his A-game to Drax.
    My pull list
    A-Force, All-New Inhuman, All-New All-Different Avengers, Captain America: Sam Wilson, Captain Marvel, Ms. Marvel, New Avengers, The Ultimates, and Weirdworld.

I think is not the biggest sucess cause I don't remember seeing anyone here talking about besides like one thread for some issue...

I've scanned it, and it looks like it's pretty good. It seems like kind of a stupid-fun comic.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    I've scanned it, and it looks like it's pretty good. It seems like kind of a stupid-fun comic.
    I'd agree that it's stupid fun. It doesn't really feel like Drax, but its a new twist on Terrax. Definitely not a bad read, the art is pretty good, but it is about what you would expect.

BANNED

I've liked what I've read of it so far.

I read the first issue, but it seemed like dumb fun that was too mindless too grab me. Basically, male space Squirrel Girl but less clever and funny. Which sucks, because I wanted to like it. It isn't like I don't like fun comics. But a Drax comic should be more Warren Ellis funny than slapstick funny, IMHO.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by marvelousmetalmouse View Post
    It's actually Scott Hepburn doing the linework.

I've never read a full issue myself, but from little I've seen it looks like a load of fun and Scott Hepburn is bringing his A-game to Drax.

Hmm not sure why I thought Ed Mcguinness was doing the interiors.

Quote Originally Posted by dvgravity View Post
    I'd agree that it's stupid fun. It doesn't really feel like Drax, but its a new twist on Terrax. Definitely not a bad read, the art is pretty good, but it is about what you would expect.

Is this 616 Terrax somehow resurrected or Terrax "the Truly Enlightened" who I guess now never got squashed by Franklin's pet Galctus

Also for those reading the book can you tell where Punk is more in the drivers seat as far as the writing goes & where Bunn is maybe doing more of the heavy lifting? Also based on the small sample size of his work thus far would you be interested in CM Punk possibly doing more work for Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by classicgmer View Post
    Is this 616 Terrax somehow resurrected or Terrax "the Truly Enlightened" who I guess now never got squashed by Franklin's pet Galctus
    It's 616 Terrax. There's actually a reference to him having been killed by the Phoenix Force (which happened in the lead-up to AvX).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by classicgmer View Post
    Hmm not sure why I thought Ed Mcguinness was doing the interiors.

Also for those reading the book can you tell where Punk is more in the drivers seat as far as the writing goes & where Bunn is maybe doing more of the heavy lifting? Also based on the small sample size of his work thus far would you be interested in CM Punk possibly doing more work for Marvel?
    I feel like I am doing a census