Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

That would make good sense and is the kind of promotion I'd welcome. But if that's the case, how come CBR (and Chelsea Cain, apparently) don't know the book has been delayed?
    FYBW: my Black Widow blog.

Incredible Member SplinteringHeart's Avatar

I sort of think it best they both come out at the same time...my logic is punter will think oh BW and Mockingbird, I wonder how they differ, instead of why get Mockingbird when I got BW last week....

They're both very different, very great characters with surface level similarities.

I'm just glad they're finally getting the attention they deserve and I can only hope this leads to pairing them together in the comics. I need a Bobbi/Natasha friendship.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Muffin Crud View Post
    They're both very different, very great characters with surface level similarities.
    Exactly. They are both female heroes with an espionage background--but they are very different in personality, origins, character relationships (Bobbi is far more of a team player than Natasha will ever be), fighting styles, senses of humour, etc.

James Bond and Sterling Archer are both super-spies that drink too much and sleep with as many women as they can. But that doesn't make them the same.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    They're similar in a very superficial ways, but I think they have very different personalities. While Nat has a sense of humor, Bobbi's a lot more snarky and wise cracking. While there's been dark moments in Bobbi's career, her back story is less tragic than Nat's. These days Marvel is playing up the ruthless assassin aspect of Nat's character. Bobbi is an ex-scientist.

A good writer could get a really buddy flick style team up with the two of them.
    This is very well said. Also, if the new Black Widow book plays off the last one, Nat may still be trying to atone for the things she's ashamed of in her life. Bobbi is a more fun character (not to say Nat isn't fun, she is) and tends to be more light in tone, where as Natasha has lots of dark roots.

Widow, obviously...

Bobbi, any day, although I do like Natasha.

They're very different characters once you look beyond the surface, though. I think Yelena makes for better comparisons to Bobbi - she's basically the dark version of her; the person who chose this life.

I'd love to see what Natasha thinks of Bobbi's career path, given that Bobbi basically threw away a promising career and chose the life that Natasha was essentially forced into when she was a child.

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    Widow, obviously...
    Agreed.

I love Bobbi but Black Widow is Marvel's premier female spy.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I'm going to get both. Mockingbird largely because Marvel just cancelled Black Knight on me(huff).
    I've always been a bit ambivalent to indifferent on Bobbi so this will be where I give her that chance.

Always been a big Natasha fan & with Waid writing was an easy pick up, though I will miss the Edmondson/Noto run, really enjoyed that as well.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

FYI-Chelsea Cain tweeted that Mockingbird has been delayed a week due to a printing error. So the two books are now coming out on two separate weeks.

Only two more days until Black Widow!
    Favorites: Natasha Romanova, Dinah Lance, Janet Van Dyne, Selina Kyle, Emma Frost, Kitty Pryde, Kate Bishop, Sharon Carter, Sue Storm Richards, Carol Danvers

Quote Originally Posted by klynn View Post
    FYI-Chelsea Cain tweeted that Mockingbird has been delayed a week due to a printing error. So the two books are now coming out on two separate weeks.

Oh, I'm sad we'll have to wait more for Mockingbird, but I guess it's really better, for reasons said here, like not coming at the same day of BW and the AOS return.

I'm kind of relieved. It's not good for a book to come out amidst a sea of confusion and missing previews.

I'm already thinking about my anxiety for issue #2.

Black Widow vs. Diabolik!
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Don't think it's really Dioblik though I'm sure the new villain is inspired by him.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

I was kidding, my friend.