Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Jesse Eisenberg's Lex Luthor Is "Contradictory, Realistic" In "Batman v Superman"

The biggest villain in the DC Universe is more than comic relief as the two-faced Lex Luthor of Jesse Eisenberg takes to Metropolis.

Full article here.

Spectacular Member

Dear god, even my wife cringes whenever his Luthor appears in the trailers.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

There he goes mentioning that script again. I feel they purposely hid all the good Lex moments, have a strong feeling he'll knock it out the park!
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Spectacular Member

I like that he is (what seems to be) an very unlikable Lex Luthor, which i think is appropriate. Lex being someone you want to punch in the face works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Timbales View Post
    I like that he is (what seems to be) an very unlikable Lex Luthor, which i think is appropriate. Lex being someone you want to punch in the face works for me.
    Seems like the opposite to me. He's a goofy ha ah version of Luthor.

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xofer View Post
    My boyfriend and I have the same reaction to his presence as Luther as well.

When I saw the first trailer for this movie, I wasn't all that certain about Eisenberg's take on Luthor because he didn't do much. Then, I saw the second trailer and I was sold. I love his approach to the character, making Luthor this charismatic, manipulative man who the public might see as brilliant, but is secretly very devious behind the scenes. That's perfectly consistent with the Lex Luthor of the modern era, going all the way back to the Bruce Timm Superman cartoons of the 90s. I think this movie has a lot of uncertainties working against it. But Eisenberg's performance as Lex Luthor isn't one of them.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Yeah--he makes me miss Michael Rosenbaum as Lex even more.... I don't think it's the actor though, it's just poor writing trying to make this Lex a
    Heath Ledger Joker wannabe.
    Last edited by He-Kal; 02-27-2016 at 10:14 AM.

BANNED

Rosenbaum is perhaps the best Lex we have gotten on screen so far, and I don't expect that to change much with BvS. Eisenberg's Luthor just doesn't strike me as the scheming mega-genius. More of a buffoon. And I absolutely loath his delivery (and the line itself) of "That is a strong grip, I would not pick a fight with this man". I mean... who the hell says something like that? And that it is used in a movie titled Batman V Superman? Self aware/Self referential humor in a movie like this is to me the kiss of death. Here's hoping it is one of the very few (if not only) line like that in the movie.

Mighty Member

Yes he is my biggest concern about the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    When I saw the first trailer for this movie, I wasn't all that certain about Eisenberg's take on Luthor because he didn't do much. Then, I saw the second trailer and I was sold. I love his approach to the character, making Luthor this charismatic, manipulative man who the public might see as brilliant, but is secretly very devious behind the scenes. That's perfectly consistent with the Lex Luthor of the modern era, going all the way back to the Bruce Timm Superman cartoons of the 90s. I think this movie has a lot of uncertainties working against it. But Eisenberg's performance as Lex Luthor isn't one of them.
    Agreed, I just don΄t get the hate. In that scene with Clark and Bruce alone he showed the big ego Lex is known for, acting is not only saying things there is also body language, he wants to be in control despite being the little man of the three. I also don΄t get how he is a Heath Ledger wannabe, I just don΄t understand that opinion those are two completely different characters. One showing a mask to fool everyone into thinking he is a good man so he could control them as he wish them to and the other just wants chaos. Eisenberg is a great actor, I trust him.

Why is Willy Wonka masquerading as a bad guy in the movie?

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Honestly, Jesse's Lex doesn't seem out of line with previous portrayals. The Silver Age mad scientist version and the Gene Hackman version were similar. He's even going to go bald by the end.

Comic book fans have a long history with being wrong with their knee jerk reactions to casting decisions. I think both Eisenberg and Affleck are gonna be among the film's highlights.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Comic book fans have a long history with being wrong with their knee jerk reactions to casting decisions. I think both Eisenberg and Affleck are gonna be among the film's highlights.

It's not a package deal. I love what I have seen of Affleck, Eisenberg not so much.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Honestly, Jesse's Lex doesn't seem out of line with previous portrayals. The Silver Age mad scientist version and the Gene Hackman version were similar. He's even going to go bald by the end.

Agreed, it seems very reminiscent of Silver Age mad scientist Lex Luthor

and Affleck is going to steal the movie, I like Cavill well enough