Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default REVIEW: Justice League 3001, #9

As "Justice League 3001" #9 rumbles towards a conclusion, Keith Giffen, J.M. DeMatteis, Scott Kolins and Colleen Doran bring in some long-awaited faces even as plots wind down.

Full review here.

BANNED

Did anyone notice this guy? A extraordinarly strong guy who is the "big bads" bodyguard named Scion.any guesses who he could be? I want it to be a clone of superboy myself,even though it probably wont b.

Incredible Member

Captain Marvel Jr.

Seriously. Look at the colours.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Slaughter View Post
    Captain Marvel Jr.

Seriously. Look at the colours.
    Um,those are classic SUPER colors

I think I'm dropping this. Basically each issue introduces new characters while old one get sidelined or plots that title was building towards to get wrapped up in nonsensical ways or completely ignored.

Spectacular Member

I like the recent developments in the book, but I liked it better when Superman and Batman were involved. I feel like this book never follow through. We were teased with booster and beetles team fighting the 3000 team, the New Gods, and the legion of doom or whatever. Now it's shifting the the Legion of the damned. I understand that some things shift due to its likely cancellation, but I really wanted to see those stories. I am still enjoying the series and will finish it out. I am hoping though that Beetle and Booster will return. For me that would help to stick the landing.

BANNED

I miss arrogant superman,think the book lost a lot when they splattered his brains everywhere.plus Porter is a million times better than Kolins,sorry thats my opinion.

Can't say I'm the biggest fan of the current team, but I'm going to miss this book.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy Ninja Viking View Post
    I like the recent developments in the book, but I liked it better when Superman and Batman were involved. I feel like this book never follow through. We were teased with booster and beetles team fighting the 3000 team, the New Gods, and the legion of doom or whatever. Now it's shifting the the Legion of the damned. I understand that some things shift due to its likely cancellation, but I really wanted to see those stories. I am still enjoying the series and will finish it out. I am hoping though that Beetle and Booster will return. For me that would help to stick the landing.
    Yeah, now as I understand we are likely to have Injustice League team up with Justice League because Superman is dead anyway so who cares about that plot any more. Its just ugh, if writer doesn't care about his plots why should I?

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    Um,those are classic SUPER colors
    It has to be Mon-El!

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I think I'm dropping this. Basically each issue introduces new characters while old one get sidelined or plots that title was building towards to get wrapped up in nonsensical ways or completely ignored.
    I was ready to call it quits until the last page Eclipso's team (SEE BELOW). Now I am hooked TOTALLY!

S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R
    S
    !
    !
    !
    !

The Legion of Death being a new name for the Legion of Super Heroes. I am totally in!

I am also curious as to what Superman did to invoke Lois to kill him....I am guessing he stood her up at the altar.

All-New Member

Yeah, now as I understand we are likely to have Injustice League team up with Justice League because Superman is dead anyway so who cares about that plot any more. Its just ugh, if writer doesn't care about his plots why should I?

Don't you understand? The Legion of Doom is the old Legion of Super Heroes! It is an odd mix of classic and newer casting for LoSH.

I understand who they are, but I sticked with this book because I liked clone JL and eventual Blue/Gold return. Now I have neither and all plots that were related to them have been either forgotten or sidelined.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by fredd View Post
    It has to be Mon-El!
    No it doesnt,unless you know soemthing we dont.

I understand who they are, but I sticked with this book because I liked clone JL and eventual Blue/Gold return. Now I have neither and all plots that were related to them have been either forgotten or sidelined.
    This.this is not a bad book,but i miss characters that were dumped for no good reason,and this book comes up with so many ideas,but they get lost just as fast as they spring up

Astonishing Member

i feel the same way as hsssh. it started with a line up that i was interested in, then blue and gold, then the focus shifted to a different team. it feels a lot of plot points have been ingnored or neglected or unfinished.