Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Default Will the doubleshipping with Rebirth change your way of reading?

With the news that a lot of the titles coming with Rebirth will be doubleshipping (twice a month) at least at the beginning, i started to think about the way how i will read my comics going foreward.

At the moment i am only reading Justice LEague, Batman and JLA as a print floppy, some titles i read digitally and some i will buy in trades. I have normally been a trade reader and i kind of only stuck with JL and Batman because they were part of the titles i have read since the start of the New 52. Although iike the advantages of digital i can't deny, that paper also has it's advantages. The feel, the size, etc.

With the look of two issues a month for a lot of titles i think about changing completlly to digital and then trades (if i like the story). I have never been a collector and i like a bookshelf of trades way more than full longboxes.

Have you thought about changing your way of reading with doubleshipping and new number ones (something i have nothing againt!)?

I don't read a lot of books so not really no. Just gonna stick to the bat i think, and maybe a couple of other things. (like spider-man)
    Last edited by Starter Set; 02-27-2016 at 07:09 AM.

Incredible Member

Nope.

Been full digital ever since I got into comics with New 52.

Fantastic Member DeathFalcon182's Avatar

I think one of the focus behind double shipping is to get the trades out as quickly as possible. That's one of the really expanding market. If DC is on top of their trade game, I'll likely trade wait a lot of the titles.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeMonster View Post
    Nope.

Been full digital ever since I got into comics with New 52.
    This is pretty much me. Six issues in I converted to all digital. Only problem is I end up being two months or more behind everyone else.

Possibly. I don't do digital and only buy trades for hard to find floppies, but a lot of twice of month titles might change that. We'll see. I think my decision will hinge mostly on the creatives and what they put forth.
    DC: Aquaman, Batman, Harley Quinn, Wonder Woman

Marvel: Ms. Marvel, Punisher, Daredevil

Image: Outcast, Bitch Planet, The Autumnlands, Black Magick, The Goddamned

Indies: Black, Insexts, Animosity, Alters, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, Red Sonja

It likely wont change a thing for me.

Depending on creative teams and directions I might end up trade waiting more books, or dropping more or whatever, but the double shipping wont change my buying habits in and of itself.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

I'll be even less inclined to wade through my Marvel subscriptions, none of them except Iron Man (and perhaps the upcoming Steve Rogers: Captain America) really interest me anymore. Hail DC!

BANNED

Probably, but it just means I'll get twice of what I enjoy reading. I'll do my best on giving things a try though

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I most likely won't buy many books that double ship.

If I weren't poor as hell, I'd be happy though!

Incredible Member

I might be less open to reading 'beyond the dcu' stuff.... Batman '66, legends of wonder woman. Somethings gotta give....

It won't change "how I read" because I have no plans at present to ever go to digital instead of physical single issues / trade paperback collections.

As to how it may change what I read/buy, it won't make much of a difference as opposed to normal comic book creator / title changes. It will all depend on if what DC offers is of interest to me and what my finances will allow.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    It won't change "how I read" because I have no plans at present to ever go to digital instead of physical single issues / trade paperback collections.

As to how it may change what I read/buy, it won't make much of a difference as opposed to normal comic book creator / title changes. It will all depend on if what DC offers is of interest to me and what my finances will allow.
    You wouldn't be the same major hoy off of the digital spy, would you????

The thing I love about trades is that I can get the whole story in one sitting. No wait. So twice monthly books will draw me to want to pick up more monthly books because I don't want to wait a month to get the next part of the story. So I welcome it. Waiting was cool when I was a kid and the individual issues took more than ten minutes to read.
    Bronze Age baby.
    OGG - Original Grim 'n Gritty

Punchedugly.com

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

I was planning on going full digital over the summer anyway due to my dissatisfaction with my LCS in recent months (a long story that can be summed up in two words: "new management".) so this really doesn't change those plans at all. About the only thing Rebirth itself appears to have changed at this point is the amount of DC books I'll be pulling. This particular time I've lost the bulk of my pull without much to replace it with when just about every other time titles were cancelled I was able to replace most of them with something new.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG