Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Don't anticipate any changes. I am worried that the quality will drop, especially since most titles can't go more than a few issues before resorting to guest artists, but whatever.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RobinFan4880 View Post
    Thank you for the kind words!

He's an uber fan too, so he will be stoked once the comics start coming out.
    He's lucky to have you as a friend. I hope he enjoys the books once they start coming out. I hope I'll be enjoying them myself.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

BANNED

I'll be dropping a few titles, but nothing major.

BANNED

As DC will be the most expensive choice, I have to be even choosier about what I do and don't pick up. I tried books like Doctor Fate and have been dipping into Justice League for Darkseid War, but now I'm probably just going to drop to Aquaman and whatever Seven Seas War ever ends up in.

Probably go even more to trades as they will come out faster. Probably drop some Marvel books since it's pretty significantly the more expensive publisher now (I'll likely only keep Daredevil and Inhumans).
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dan12456 View Post
    Probably drop some Marvel books since it's pretty significantly the more expensive publisher now (I'll likely only keep Daredevil).
    All respect but the current Daredevil? That's one of several Marvel subscriptions I'm regretting. The story is average and the art is...I don't know. I really don't like the art, they could do so much better.

Just my opinion, I'm surprised you'd hold onto that one. I'm only holding onto Iron Man and All New All Different Avengers for renewal (and I'm going to give the upcoming Steve Rogers title a try, mostly because I miss the true CA).

I buy digital now. I have been arguing about this double shipping for a night or two, wallowing in uncertainty. I have gotten to where I buy collected editions most of the time and single issues when I just can't wait. If the collections come faster I will be buying them up that way. I am really looking forward to Deathstroke and maybe Flash.

I can't buy Marvel single editions anymore at all as there simply isn't enough meat to them. It's collected editions or forget it. They are just too short and lacking.

One thing with this DC twice monthly... I am arguing if I would be willing to buy both issues rather than waiting now as there just might be enough meat to justify it but that's my inner comic fan working against my grown up cash saving ways. I am still thinking collected editions.
    My Monthly Pulls - DC: Waiting for Deathstroke and Vigilante. Marvel: Moon Knight. The Vision, Waiting for Solo. Valiant: Bloodshot Reborn, Ninjak, Divinity III Stalinverse, Bloodshot USA event, Waiting for PSI Lords. Why aren't you reading Valiant and other Indies too?

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    It likely wont change a thing for me.

Depending on creative teams and directions I might end up trade waiting more books, or dropping more or whatever, but the double shipping wont change my buying habits in and of itself.
    This.

After Secret Wars, I turned trade-waiter with all my Marvel books, but haven't been able to do the same for DC (I'm a nostalgic creature of habit). While I'd like to move more titles to the trade-wait list, I'm waiting for some creative team announcements before I make any final decisions.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Götterdämmerung View Post
    All respect but the current Daredevil? That's one of several Marvel subscriptions I'm regretting. The story is average and the art is...I don't know. I really don't like the art, they could do so much better.

Just my opinion, I'm surprised you'd hold onto that one. I'm only holding onto Iron Man and All New All Different Avengers for renewal (and I'm going to give the upcoming Steve Rogers title a try, mostly because I miss the true CA).
    I'm a huge Daredevil fanboy lol. That said I personally like the art, not for everyone though. Still haven't decided on the story yet, but I generally like Soule's work.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

I always set myself a limit of 5-7 books a month, so if I start picking up any double shipping DC books, something else will have to go. I'm only going to spend so much on comics.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dan12456 View Post
    I'm a huge Daredevil fanboy lol. That said I personally like the art, not for everyone though. Still haven't decided on the story yet, but I generally like Soule's work.
    I liked Soule on the Lanterns. I mostly just like DD on Netflix these days (great show imo).

BANNED

Nope, I buy a bunch of books now, I'll still be buying a bunch of books and reading them roughly in street date order.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GlennSimpson View Post
    Nope, I buy a bunch of books now, I'll still be buying a bunch of books and reading them roughly in street date order.
    Me too. I'm looking forward to the change, and I won't miss an issue. I'm wondering how TFAW is going to handle the subscriptions.

The only major change I am thinking of is switching from going to the
    comic shop each week and having them delivered twice a month.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by My Two Cents View Post
    The only major change I am thinking of is switching from going to the
    comic shop each week and having them delivered twice a month.
    I don't even bother with the shops. I don't mind waiting for my new comics, saves me gas and time. And I can be sure I'll get them.