View Poll Results: Which extended Batman run did you like better? Grant Morrison's or Scott Snyder's?

Voters
81. You may not vote on this poll
  • I liked Grant Morrison's only

46 56.79%
  • I liked Scott Snyder's only

14 17.28%
  • I liked both equally

16 19.75%
  • I did not like either one

5 6.17%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    is listening to metal RexVander's Avatar

Grant Morrison is an idiot as far as I'm concerned. His decision t kill off Damion Wayne and keep him dead, was akin to comic book treason. Thank goodness DC comics had the good sence to bring him back anyway. Morrison completely screwed Peter Tomasi who was on the best run of his illustrious career, so far, with Batman and Robin. I haven't bought a Morrison comic since that "he's as dead and Thomas Wayne" crap started and I never will. I'm glad to see Tomasi on Detective Comics, and I hold high hopes for his run.

Grant Morrison clearly. It is for me one of the best Batman run ever written.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RexVander View Post
    Morrison completely screwed Peter Tomasi who was on the best run of his illustrious career, so far, with Batman and Robin.
    You don't have to like it, but you don't think former-group-editor Peter Tomasi knew the death was coming way in advance?

Damian was created to die, just like that little brat Bruce adopted, who became Robin, in Brave and the Bold. He was always going to die, and the end of that story, alone, showed how easy it would be for anyone to resurrect him.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

BANNED

Morrison's is THE long-form run on Batman, as far as I'm concerned. For all the genres and styles it covers, for all the artsitc excellence frequently on display(Kubert, JH Williams III, Irving, Quitely, Paquette, Stewart, Burnham), for covering the entire history of the character but also creating new characters and stories, for its excellent usage of many of the extended supporting cast, for his multifaceted exploration of Bruce Wayne, for the tightness and economy of every issue even when its just a part of a larger epic narrative.

Morriso by a mile but then it is one of the best runs in Batman's history.

BANNED

Snyder's run! Snyder has a start, a middle and apparently, now we are heading to the end. It has many ingeniously dark moments, a truly scary Joker able for almost anything and it did gave to some obscured characters a chance to show us more. For instance, i found it surprising to see James Gordon as Batman. A bit silly, yes but original to a certain level and gave to the character a chance to show us that he is more than just Batman's practical joke.
    Morrison's run begun with an interesting story but it went chaotic from a point on. Don't let me start with RIP and Final Crisis.

BANNED

Morisson hands down, I disliked some of the choices he made. But with regard to Bruce Wayne as Batman, I have to say that he's one of my three favourite Batman writers, in that he did not write Bruce as being angry or depressed. He also go the fact that Bruce is a strategic genius and a renaissance man with a zest for life.

Snyders' Batman was just a thug who was mad at the world, The Midnighter with an expense account. The only reason I bought the trades was due to Capullo's art work.