Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I would not want a book with Ted and Jaime....just Ted Kord as the only Blue Beetle active.
    "History of the DC Universe" by Wolfman and Perez, when the DCU use to make sense.

I love Jaime so I hope it's him

All-New Member

Jaime is my favorite superhero and I hope the next run will do well, and if Ted Kord is along as well, great. ^__^

And the whole "Failing multiple times" thing about his books is inaccurate. His first run ran for three years, which is impressive and he's built up quite a fanbase. His second run's failings had to do with the reboot of the New 52, so not the fault of the true spirit of Jaime Reyes. I mean, it looks like with the New 52 even the very plans they had for Jaime were getting changed near last minute, with the solicitations and the actual comics when they came out not matching; there was just a lot working against it as far as the fans of the character and new readers were concerned.

Seriously, how can you call something that fails multiple times when that is not true. The New 52 one I begrudgingly grant you, but that is only one, not multiple. If you mean to say just the fact his first run was cancelled... then you need to get out more. If that's the case, any book ever cancelled after many years is a failure. Books like The Titans, Hellblazer, Batwoman, and nearly The Omega Men until the public cried out against it, all of them should be considered failures based on your logic, but they are not. A three year run for a character like Jaime at that point was not a failure. That is the book that makes people hope to see the best with Rebirth. Whether this is a solo book or one that has both Beetles, I'm all for it and hope they bring in the best of the Blue Beetle when Rebirth comes and put it in the hands of a great creative team.

Spectacular Member

I am a big Ted Kord fan but would get behind a book featuring both Beetles.
    Have you pre-ordered Nova yet? I have.

I'm down for either Ted or Jaime, but I hope the book has both Beetles in big roles .

Ringo Starr and Paul McCartney could have scarabs and join Ted and Jaime, the book could be called The Beetles!
    I have no beef with Vegans

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderLuthor View Post
    If they are really looking to emphasize legacy with Rebirth I hope that Ted was originally Blue Beetle, but in the new title serves as a mentor/financier/logistical guy for Jaime
    This is what DC should have done to begin with, especially since their respective skillsets are very different.

Quote Originally Posted by upgrayedd View Post
    Ringo Starr and Paul McCartney could have scarabs and join Ted and Jaime, the book could be called The Beetles!
    This could actually be a fun one-shot.

Ted Kord will be different. He can fix anything.

Astonishing Member

Well even the original good run lasted 3 years with Jaime but was cancelled due to low sales. I hope he can hang on but honestly if we get that caliber of stories again even if only for a short while I'll be happy.

I didn't HATE the new run but it was missing a lot of the charm of the original run.

Chalk me up as another who likes both. I'd love to see a comic that has them partner up. It'll need the right writer, and while it doesn't need to be bhwhahwhaha level of stuff, it should have a certain lighthearted fun mixed in among the action
    "A gentleman will not insult me, and no man not a gentleman can insult me."-Frederick Douglass

Quote Originally Posted by TRS80 View Post
    Ted Kord will be different. He can fix anything.
    Yeah, make him the McGyver of the DCU.

Fantastic Member

I only want Ted kord back

Quote Originally Posted by Den View Post
    Chalk me up as another who likes both. I'd love to see a comic that has them partner up. It'll need the right writer, and while it doesn't need to be bhwhahwhaha level of stuff, it should have a certain lighthearted fun mixed in among the action
    I'd really like to see all three referenced.
    Following a somewhat Mask of Zorro / Batman Beyond / Ant-Man movie passing the legacy template.
    And continually flashing back and forward to all three in their prime as the story evolves, each having unlocked a piece of the necessary whole:

Have archeologist-adventurer Dan Garrett who found the Scarab and became obsessed with understanding the secrets images of Beetle protector deities on ancient temples form egypt, yucatan, to ancient India, becoming like an Indiana Jones pulpy adventurer known for becoming obsessed and rambling about a hypothetical ancient alien he calls the Blue Beetle, always seeking to unlock it's secret and purpose, leaving clues throughout his adventures. ...

Have Ted Kord scientist inherit the ancient manuscripts, writings and the Scarab from Garret, while still unable to unlock it's secrets, is able to reverse engineer the hidden "tec." and energy from the Scarab, building a corperation around it, and developing his own Beetle identity and suit as per his understanding of the manuscripts that is meant to be channeled for good, which he uses secretly to fight crime.
    Never using the actual Scarab itself, but more a self made, sort of nano-tech of his own design, emulating it....

The Scarab the whole time has remained dormant, until....

Enter Jaime Reyes who somehow "awakens" something in it, and actually for the first time interfaces organically with the scarab itself, unlocking it's power.
    But to what ends and purpose?
    Ted must train and help Jaime harness the new 'power', and interpret Dan Garrett's cryptic text, as they prepare for invasion, etc......
    Last edited by Güicho; 03-11-2016 at 09:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    I'd really like to see all three referenced.
    Following a somewhat Mask of Zorro / Batman Beyond / Ant-Man movie passing the legacy template:

Have Ted inherit ancient manuscripts, writings and the Scarab from archeologist-adventurer Dan Garrett who found and became obsessed with understanding the secrets images of Beetle protector deities on ancient temples form egypt, yucatan, to ancient India, yet never unlocking it's secret or purpose.

Ted Grant while unable to unlock it's secrets, is able to reverse engineer the hidden "tec." and energy from the scarab, building a corperation around it, and developing his own Beetle identity and suit as per his understanding of the manuscripts, which he uses secretly to fight crime.
    Never using the actual Scarab itself, but more a self made, sort of nano-tech of his own design, emulating it.

The Scarab the whole time has remained dormant, until....

Enter Jaime Reyes who somehow "awakens" something in it, and actually for the first time interfaces organically with the scarab itself, unlocking it's power and purpose.
    Inevitably Ted must train and help Jaime harness the new 'power', and interpret Dan Garrett's cryptic text, as they prepare for invasion, etc......
    isnt ted grant wildcat?

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    isnt ted grant wildcat?
    Yes (see edit), now bring back Ted Grant legacy Yolanda Montez too!

And make her a badass boxer trained by Grant, in the spirit of Marlen Esparza and others.

Although instead of the DC robing the name from the previous legacy as they do, I'd obviouslly keep Grant as Wildcat and call her "La Garra" as per the Infinity Inc. concept promo.
    Last edited by Güicho; 03-11-2016 at 09:50 AM.