Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Yes, I read it. It's one of my favorite works of Alan Moore.
    While I wouldn't exactly call MM a dick, it did show that a Vertigo Superman title CAN work.

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    The biggest moment I can think of is in the 50s show. A criminal husband and wife discovered Superman's secret identity, and he just left them on top of a mountain the arctic, telling them he'd be back when he figured out what to do with them. They tried to climb down and died, tying up the situation quite conveniently. That is rough.
    I remember that episode. In general the earlier B&W were more hardcore. Apparently Kellogg objected to that tone and so when the later color episodes were made the producers took a lighter approach that sometimes bordered on silly.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    While I wouldn't exactly call MM a dick, it did show that a Vertigo Superman title CAN work.
    Absolutely agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    The biggest moment I can think of is in the 50s show. A criminal husband and wife discovered Superman's secret identity, and he just left them on top of a mountain the arctic, telling them he'd be back when he figured out what to do with them. They tried to climb down and died, tying up the situation quite conveniently. That is rough.
    That's definitely the most messed up thing I can thing of. I like to give Silver Age Superman crap for his letter-of-the-law no kill rule, but this was the scariest version of it. He didn't technically kill the crooks, but he killed them in every way that mattered, and did it for a totally self-centered reason in violation of his normal code.