Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Honestly, I just see Matt seducing her.

This works because She Hulk somehow manages to die, as a result.
    He'd get along great with Kyle Raynor.

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    He'd get along great with Kyle Raynor.
    You must not understand how amazingly bad Matt's love life is.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

You must not understand how amazingly bad Matt's love life is.
    I think Kyle Rayner has a perfect record for women he dates dying. Only one of them was in a future storyline too. His first love is the proverbial "women in refrigerators" woman.

Oh, wait, Carol Ferris hasn't died yet. No way dating an ex super villain and love of Hal Jordan's life will go badly for Kyle, nope.

Matt may have more women to his record, but he's also had a much longer publication history. Kyle's ladies just love to dump him and then get murdered.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    I think Kyle Rayner has a perfect record for women he dates dying. Only one of them was in a future storyline too. His first love is the proverbial "women in refrigerators" woman.

Oh, wait, Carol Ferris hasn't died yet. No way dating an ex super villain and love of Hal Jordan's life will go badly for Kyle, nope.

Matt may have more women to his record, but he's also had a much longer publication history. Kyle's ladies just love to dump him and then get murdered.
    Jade may have been killed more for her membership in Infinity Inc than her relationship with Kyle.

Let's take a quick look at the ten original members of Infinity Inc, post-Crisis and pre-Nu 52:

Star-Spangled Kid: accidentally killed by a reformed villain, in a random accident.

Brainwave Jr: went insane and became a villain.

Fury and Silver Scarab: some complicated stuff involving Sandman, and then killed by a pack of wolves. Silver Scarab at least got to play Doctor Fate for a while.

Northwind: he and his entire species reverted to animalistic state of mind, except that they also carry spears.

Atom Smasher: disgraced himself by joining Black Adam against the world.

Obsidian: went evil, got reformed, and didn't do much after that.

Jade: killed off in some big crossover event, for reasons.

Huntress: retconned out of existence near the end of Crisis on Infinite Earths, and also got crushed by a collapsing wall.

Power Girl: her most important appearance in Infinity Inc involved an issue-long whupping by Golden Age Superman turned evil, but she fared just fine in the post-crisis era.

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    Jade may have been killed more for her membership in Infinity Inc than her relationship with Kyle.

Let's take a quick look at the ten original members of Infinity Inc, post-Crisis and pre-Nu 52:

Star-Spangled Kid: accidentally killed by a reformed villain, in a random accident.

Brainwave Jr: went insane and became a villain.

Fury and Silver Scarab: some complicated stuff involving Sandman, and then killed by a pack of wolves. Silver Scarab at least got to play Doctor Fate for a while.

Northwind: he and his entire species reverted to animalistic state of mind, except that they also carry spears.

Atom Smasher: disgraced himself by joining Black Adam against the world.

Obsidian: went evil, got reformed, and didn't do much after that.

Jade: killed off in some big crossover event, for reasons.

Huntress: retconned out of existence near the end of Crisis on Infinite Earths, and also got crushed by a collapsing wall.

Power Girl: her most important appearance in Infinity Inc involved an issue-long whupping by Golden Age Superman turned evil, but she fared just fine in the post-crisis era.
    Oh, I wouldn't suggest that all of Kyle's lovers die because of Kyle, just that they tend to die and/or have other nasty surprises for him. Heck, even characters with crushed on Kyle, like that kid Terry, get beaten and put into comas.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    Well, everybody in the Marvel Universe dies at least once. Matt should be able to seduce Jen, because women seem to go crazy for a good-looking blind guy, and Jen doesn't seem extremely picky. She even went for Juggernaut at one point.
    I think that was retconned into being a Jen from am alternate universe. Thankfully.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Oh, I wouldn't suggest that all of Kyle's lovers die because of Kyle, just that they tend to die and/or have other nasty surprises for him. Heck, even characters with crushed on Kyle, like that kid Terry, get beaten and put into comas.
    See, and that's why Matt wins.

He's usually the reason they die. Barring instances I'm forgetting.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

See, and that's why Matt wins.

He's usually the reason they die. Barring instances I'm forgetting.
    I think Dakota and Echo are both still alive.

Typhoid Mary too, but then she's batshit insane, so... *shrugs*

I actually think Logan MIGHT have a worse track record. But he's had a LOT longer to rack up the Dead Ex-Files.

Bruce Banner's record is pretty tragic as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    By the Gods. Not all hope is lost.

That's honestly a problem unto itself.

I actually think Logan MIGHT have a worse track record. But he's had a LOT longer to rack up the Dead Ex-Files.

He's good at what he does, bub.

And.. uh.. Hulk Smash?

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post

Black Widow is also alive... Did Natasha ever die and get resurrected? If so, it probably wasn't linked to Matt.

And to be fair to Kyle, he's only had like 5 real love interests, and 4 of them have been independent super heroes. Which renders them less vulnerable to dying to further some dude's plot angst, though more vulnerable to general death, however temporary.

His first gal totally just got axed to fuck with him though, and that was like less than 6 issues into his creation.

Quote Originally Posted by NotSoSuper View Post
    Yes, they do know each others' names but that doesn't mean they know their powers as well.
    Last She Hulk series she had a case against Matt, she knew full well here was Daredevil....also he kind of blabbed what some of his powers are.

shehulk4img4.jpg

Thanks for the scan! Always wanted to read the last She-Hulk series, I love me some She-Hulk.

I guess that's what I get for not reading the series sooner, though.

Also, what the hell just happened to this thread?

It's obvious Matt has already seduced her.

Arx Inosaan

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

I would actually love to see Bullseye's reaction if Jen ever ends up dating Matt. Or Sabretooth's if she ends up dating Logan.

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    I would actually love to see Bullseye's reaction if Jen ever ends up dating Matt.
    It just means that we'll end up somehow with a Gamma-powered Bullseye (or a Gamma-powered Kingpin with a Gamma-powered oak desk, your pick). Because the universe hates Matt that much.