Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Incredible Member

ONE Batman - Bruce Wayne
    ONE Robin - Richard Grayson
    ONE Batgirl - Barbara Gordon
    Alfred Pennyworth

Everyone else, don't kill them, comics has enough violence as is nowadays, but permanently, or a VERY LONG (at least ten years, more) time, put them in a bus.

Astonishing Member

Arkham City (nee Bludhaven): Gotham's sister city.

All send all characters there save Batman. If s/he is needed/wanted back, s/he can be written back into the series.

Damian should lead because he's not gonna accept not leading, and quite frankly who else is there. The current TT is a joke and has been for way too damn long. The YJ4 and the current cast need to gtfo. DC needs to move on to a new generation, and who else is there to center a new generation around. They can't just throw Damian in with the YJ4, that wouldn't work, thats Tim's generation. The YJ4 need to go, and they need to start the next generation. Starting with Damian.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 03-01-2016 at 08:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Damian should lead because he's not gonna accept not leading, and quite frankly who else is there. The current TT is a joke and has been for way too damn long. The YJ4 and the current cast need to gtfo. DC needs to move on to a new generation, and who else is there to center a new generation around. They can't just throw Damian in with the YJ4, that wouldn't work, thats Tim's generation. The YJ4 need to go, and they need to start the next generation. Starting with Damian.
    He's also arrogant, lacking in social skills and quite frankly, too young to have such a burden even by kid hero standards.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    He's also arrogant, lacking in social skills and quite frankly, too young to have such a burden even by kid hero standards.
    I know. U mention these things like they're disadvantages or deterrents yet these are all things that could infuse drama and make for interesting situations.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 03-01-2016 at 09:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    I know. U mention these things like they're disadvantages or deterrents yet these are all things that could infuse drama and make for interesting situations.
    I agree they make for drama. I disagree they're not deterrents (if they weren't there wouldn't be any drama to begin with). If the writers have Damian act like he does and the still insist on him being the leader that would a clear sign of having your cake and eating it too.

BANNED

I'm not sure why people are assuming that:

Being a leader makes you more interesting and relevant. Ok lets make this new 15 year old nobody Power Girl the leader over the 10 year old Damian,yeah it will totally make her a fan favourite and more interesting(sarcasm). Rarely if ever have people "earned" any leadership spots in comics,once someone is decided it stays that way forever.

That Damian will be leading the likes of Cyborg,Starfire and Tim Drake. It's pretty obvious he'll have a new cast of characters who will have roughly the same amount of experience,even the YJ4 generation these days barely have any history to draw from.

Overall Damian was trained from birth to lead Ra's army and organize his empire,that's more than what I can say for most characters out there. He's also experienced,we've read more adventures with Damian and seen him grow than "Power Girl".
    Experience=feats,stories and growth NOT age.
    Last edited by darkseidpwns; 03-01-2016 at 10:10 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post

Being a leader makes you more interesting and relevant. Ok lets make this new 15 year old nobody Power Girl the leader over the 10 year old Damian,yeah it will totally make her a fan favourite and more interesting(sarcasm). Rarely if ever have people "earned" any leadership spots in comics,once someone is decided it stays that way forever.
    Making a 10 year old the leader of a team of 16-17 year olds, would turn these characters into total jokes.

It's pretty obvious he'll have a new cast of characters who will have roughly the same amount of experience,even the YJ4 generation these days barely have any history to draw from.
    I'm not sure if DC is willing to drop a entire generation of quite popular characters, to bring in a bunch of completely new ones. Especially now with rebirth that seems to be mostly about concentrating on the most iconic characters and considering the lack of success DC had with introducing new characters in the past years.

The diversity and range of the Batfamily is what I find most appealing. If I had a hand in Rebirth, I'd realign the books for a bit more as team-ups:

Batman Family: Bruce, Cass, Harper, Duke, Damien, and Alfred
    Nightwing: Dick and Helena Bertinelli
    Batgirl & The Birds of Prey: Barbara, Dinah Lance, Onyx Adams, Starling, and Bumblebee
    Batwoman & Flamebird: Kate & Bette
    Red Hood & The Outlaws: Jason, Arsenal, Katana, Creeper, Azreal, Thorn, Catman, and Scandal
    Teen Titans: Tim Drake and Spoiler with other Titans
    Catwoman: Selina

Give everyone some space to operate and additional Bat characters to play off historical Bat themes. Outside of Titans, I'd purposefully keep it to more street level heroes/anti heroes.

That Damian will be leading the likes of Cyborg,Starfire and Tim Drake. It's pretty obvious he'll have a new cast of characters who will have roughly the same amount of experience,even the YJ4 generation these days barely have any history to draw from.

Overall Damian was trained from birth to lead Ra's army and organize his empire,that's more than what I can say for most characters out there. He's also experienced,we've read more adventures with Damian and seen him grow than "Power Girl".
    Experience=feats,stories and growth NOT age.
    A teenage girl who's got a firm head on her shoulders and easier to get along with is likely going to make for a better leader than an entitled, 10 year old. Your reason for this has nothing to do with in-universe logic and everything to do with with you thinking Damian should get special privileges because he's a Robin or whatever.

We've also seen that Damian is not as smart or tough as he'd like to believe. Hell, that was Morrison's point. And none of the stories show him as being any more prepared for leadership than Power Girl or anyone else.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Making a 10 year old the leader of a team of 16-17 year olds, would turn these characters into total jokes.

I'm not sure if DC is willing to drop a entire generation of quite popular characters, to bring in a bunch of completely new ones. Especially now with rebirth that seems to be mostly about concentrating on the most iconic characters and considering the lack of success DC had with introducing new characters in the past years.
    How exactly will it make them jokes? his attitude and personality in many ways is more in line with adults than most of these characters anyway. Secondly the current Titans line up has barely any history to draw from. A character like Damian who has shown growth and has continuity to draw from is already more experienced than these so called grown ups. Age is just an arbitrary number here,this isn't real life.

They dropped Dick's generation in favour of Tim's right? I can see maybe Wonder Girl and Beast Boy sticking around,maybe. But both of them are a shell of their former selves,their age is inconsequential in this continuity.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    A teenage girl who's got a firm head on her shoulders and easier to get along with is likely going to make for a better leader than an entitled, 10 year old. Your reason for this has nothing to do with in-universe logic and everything to do with with you thinking Damian should get special privileges because he's a Robin or whatever.

We've also seen that Damian is not as smart or tough as he'd like to believe. Hell, that was Morrison's point. And none of the stories show him as being any more prepared for leadership than Power Girl or anyone else.
    In universe logic never mattered,leadership will almost always go the character who has been the face of the franchise and that's Robin. It's simple iconography,Robin is the leader of the sidekick movement not Power Girl(is she even a sidekick?),he's the more popular character,he's the more successful character,so yes he's more entitled to privilege because it's earned. She can have Midnighter's battle computer implanted on her and she still wont make it.

Either way I dont necessarily believe Damian will be the leader but I guarantee you it'll be a character for whom DC has enough confidence to have them representing the franchise,traditionally those are Batman or Superman characters. Age,power,ability,none of this matters,decades of iconography and status isn't going to be swept aside because someone created a more powerful/ideal character. I can come up with such a character in my sleep.
    Last edited by darkseidpwns; 03-02-2016 at 01:45 AM.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

The Batfamily isn't big because all the Robin/Batgirl variants are great characters its just DC's way of profitting from collector's mentality (oh, it's Batrelated I probably should get it, too). Doesn't mean they aren't well-written on occasion
    Last edited by batnbreakfast; 03-02-2016 at 01:54 AM.

That ship has already sailed. DC's current 16-17 year olds are already total jokes. They are arguably the worst part of DC right now, and has been for quite a while unfortunately. And honestly if they are gonna be running a Titans book in addition to a Teen Titans book, then the Teen Titans probably should get younger. I just don't think having a Titans team of 16-18 year olds and Titans team of 18-21 year olds at the same time is a good idea.

They all don't have to be completely new. There are underused characters that fell to the way say the could they could reintroduced and tweaked like Blue Beetle, Miss Martian, and Klarion. They can also take this opportunity to introduce a new Superboy and Wondergirl. Because they have mangled the current ones so badly, and the more they try to fix them the worse they only get. So maybe its time to just start over with all new ones, and maybe even a new Aqualad while they are at it. Tim's generation are not the most iconic incarnations anyway, and to continue to go with them at this point would just be IMO ridiculous. They're nothing exciting about them as Teen Titans anymore. They're so played out, and are seriously destroying the Titans franchise with how awful Teen Titans has been with them. They don't do anything for the franchise anymore. Teen Titans needs to be injected with new life so badly its not even funny.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 03-02-2016 at 02:02 AM.

BANNED

Exactly,whats the guarantee that characters like Doom and new Powergirl will even survive? LOL and people want them to represent the franchise.