Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default "Deadpool's" Negasonic Teenage Warhead Almost Looked Very Different

Concept artist Joshua James Shaw pulls back the curtain on what went into bringing Wade Wilson's teenage sidekick to life.

Full article here.

Spectacular Member

Yet another right call they made with this film. The other looks are too goth and are people still dressing in goth anymore? Teens anyways?

The costume is perfectly capturing EXACTLY how students at Xavier's School would be dressed. The costume represents, in 1 film, exactly what Bryan Singer has gotten wrong in 4 films. Take the comic book look and successfully transform it to the screen. This exemplifies what Wolverines X1 "what were you expecting? yellow spandex?" wasn't funny and was more showcasing how the makers of those films didn't understand how to visually translate X-Men costumes.

Bravo to the costume designers!

Astonishing Member

I didn't even know if she was an actual comic book character until I Googled her after the movie. Pee-yew! The film version looked great and had a cool SFX. Her film uniform and the ones in First Class just underscore how crappy the X-Men looked in X1 through X3 (Matrix rip offs).

Quote Originally Posted by I-Ching View Post
    Yet another right call they made with this film. The other looks are too goth and are people still dressing in goth anymore? Teens anyways?

The costume is perfectly capturing EXACTLY how students at Xavier's School would be dressed. The costume represents, in 1 film, exactly what Bryan Singer has gotten wrong in 4 films. Take the comic book look and successfully transform it to the screen. This exemplifies what Wolverines X1 "what were you expecting? yellow spandex?" wasn't funny and was more showcasing how the makers of those films didn't understand how to visually translate X-Men costumes.

Well, some certainly are still dressing that way. Even some teens. I think that there will always be SOME people who prefer the goth style just like there are always some people who prefer punk or emo or hippie or whatever style. But those people are pretty rare and goth style probably isn't anywhere near as popular as it was at some point in the past but I think that it wouldn't have been that bad since there still are some people who dress up like that and there will probably always be some so it's kind of timeless that way. But still, I think that they did make the right choice since her simply having a shaved head is probably going to be more timeless than some particular style of dressing.

They need to get him on all the X-Men movies and get whoever BS works with out.

Spectacular Member

llllllllll
    Last edited by Ms Lola; 10-12-2017 at 11:54 PM.

Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

I kinda like the goth ones more, but it'll do. I went there to see Deadpool kick ass, and he delivered

BANNED

Comicbook fans are cheering about a character looking nothing like the comicbook version in a movie, including having a radically different powerset.

Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Comicbook fans are cheering about a character looking nothing like the comicbook version in a movie, including having a radically different power-set.

Weird.
    IKR!!! I loved Negasonic Teenage Warhead, and her codename and now all these Johnny Come Lately s are ruining my fun.

BANNED

The reason why the bald hair and classic x-men costume was cool for the actress is because the actress has a fierce looking, expressive face.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JustAnotherFan View Post
    Well, some certainly are still dressing that way. Even some teens. I think that there will always be SOME people who prefer the goth style just like there are always some people who prefer punk or emo or hippie or whatever style. But those people are pretty rare and goth style probably isn't anywhere near as popular as it was at some point in the past but I think that it wouldn't have been that bad since there still are some people who dress up like that and there will probably always be some so it's kind of timeless that way. But still, I think that they did make the right choice since her simply having a shaved head is probably going to be more timeless than some particular style of dressing.
    True and prolly he wasn't just able to come up with a good goth look that's why we got the way NTW looks in the movie.

I like some of those designs, but I'm also very happy with the Negasonic Teenage Warhead we got in the movie. I think it didn't make sense to get overly elaborate with her. That has never been Fox's style when it comes to character designs with the X-men. They don't try to get too fancy like the late 90s era of X-men comics. Maybe that style would've worked in a movie like X-men Apocalypse, but not in a movie like Deadpool where everybody (except Deadpool, of course) maintains a simpler design. I also think the budget for this movie was a major reason why we got what we got. Keeping things simple saved money and it certainly didn't hurt the movie's quality or entertainment value. Even so, should Marvel bring NTW back in the comics, I'd like one of these designs to be considered.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

The costume is perfectly capturing EXACTLY how students at Xavier's School would be dressed.
    Except she's not even supposed to have ever set foot in Xavier's school.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Comicbook fans are cheering about a character looking nothing like the comicbook version in a movie, including having a radically different powerset.

Weird.
    lol ikr

Comic book accuracy !!!11!!1!!11