Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Militantly Indifferent Kisinith's Avatar

Because for most fans its not really a question about perfectly matching the comics as much it is about having things translated well.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kisinith View Post
    Because for most fans its not really a question about perfectly matching the comics as much it is about having things translated well.
    And how is Negasonic Teenage Warhead from the comics translated at all, rather than Fox just creating a brandnew character and callin it Negasonic.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Comicbook fans are cheering about a character looking nothing like the comicbook version in a movie, including having a radically different powerset.

Weird.
    she was one of the best parts of the movie. "radically different?" you got that from all of the 2 panels she appeared in did you?

in the same series where grant morrison was giving practically everybody a "secondary mutation" and it was pretty much a running theme of his entire run

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    she was one of the best parts of the movie. "radically different?"
    From blue-skinned telepath who had nothing to do with Xavier's school to exploding white girl wearing an Xavier school uniform. That is pretty drastically different.

she was one of the best parts of the movie. "radically different?" you got that from all of the 2 panels she appeared in did you?

in the same series where grant morrison was giving practically everybody a "secondary mutation" and it was pretty much a running theme of his entire run
    She was also in Whedons Astonishing....

From blue-skinned telepath who had nothing to do with Xavier's school to exploding white girl wearing an Xavier school uniform. That is pretty drastically different.
    Ha! Got em!!!! I havent seen the movie, but from what I gleam Cannonball will probably never get the big screen treatment thats to NTW, the subtlety of her Name is lost due to her changed powerset and people are going to want her comic character reflected of this....(Theres a whole thread asking for a NTW mini SERIES)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by S.k.i.d. View Post
    She was also in Whedons Astonishing...
    Spoilers for that story.

No, she wasn't. Neither were Sebastian Shaw or Cassandra Nova in that story.
    What was happening was that Emma Frost, who having a really bad mental breakdown, was doing a lot of... kinda hallucinating except worse. Negasonic was there as a representative of her guilt over all the students of hers that had died.

Oh yea I forgot.....But her appearance real or illusion matched up with her first appearance......so her comic book aesthetic look had more precedent than just that one issue

BANNED

She also appeared with a Walking Dead version of that look in... Necrosha? And had her soul eaten by Selene, or something like that.

Militantly Indifferent Kisinith's Avatar

And how is Negasonic Teenage Warhead from the comics translated at all, rather than Fox just creating a brandnew character and callin it Negasonic.
    Your right, the incredibly minor character with extremely low panel time over the last decade was in fact very different in the few parts of the otherwise incredibly well adapted movie. Whats more, even though this was essentially a case of same name/totally different character she was still incredibly well done in said movie.

In case I wasn't clear I was speaking about the movie as a whole.

She also appeared with a Walking Dead version of that look in... Necrosha? And had her soul eaten by Selene, or something like that.
    again, not a single thing in the comics is contradicted by the movie. how do you know she's not a precog in the movie?

BANNED

again, not a single thing in the comics is contradicted by the movie.
    Blue. Skin.
    If they make a film with a white Nightcrawler this board would go nuclear.

Also, not an Xavier student.

Furthermore, are you frelling serious?

Quote Originally Posted by Kisinith
    In case I wasn't clear I was speaking about the movie as a whole.
    In a thread that is specifically about just Negasonic Teenage Warhead, and not about the movie as a whole, yes, that was not clear at all. Rather the opposite, in fact.

she wasn't an xavier student because she didn't have time to be one. she got nuked to death before she could contribute anything valuable to society whatsoever.

also, her skin isn't "blue" she's just incredibly pale. because she's a depressing teenager who refuse to get in the sun.

Hey they based her suit on those excellent covers. Good taste.
    Game Over man! Game Over!

Quote Originally Posted by All-New Valar Stercus NOW.1 View Post
    Hey they based her suit on those excellent covers. Good taste.
    I know! They actually looked at a comic! And translated it to screen! And it was awesome and made lots of money!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

Comicbook fans are cheering about a character looking nothing like the comicbook version in a movie, including having a radically different powerset.

Weird.
    Not me, I am fighting this transgression tooth and nine inch nails but it's Deadpool, Whatever In:Garbage Out