Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default What do you guys call these kinds of arguments/insults?

Now I remember back in my elementary school years (as well as after school), i used to get annoyed with several classmates being well just... annoying and idiotic in general (and junior high school, which was even worse). But most of all, whenever a fellow kid on the school bus wanted to do the offline equivalent of "trolling" someone, they try to ask questions "do you like this guy and are you his boyfriend?" (and similar ones) and everytime you answer "no", they go "no means yes" and if you say "yes", they mean "yes" (it's the whole "no means yes and yes means yes" thing, it's as if no matter what answer you choose, they will all seemingly lead to the same outcome/reaction)...

and another form of arguments/insults I often come across is whenever you make an argument saying something, the person you're arguing with say what you said and then just changes the words to suit it as his own argument:

Example: I ask "are you going to do anything to refute my arguments?" and the other person goes "are you going to do anything to STFU and make me a sandwich?".

and whenever you say something, people mimic everything you say except "I am an idiot!" or "I suck!" since mimicking you on absolutely everything including those words will compromise the fact that the person annoying you is "in control".

are there any names or terms we can use to call those kinds of obnoxious and trollish arguments/insults?

It's been fun. Toodles. Paradox's Avatar

I always called it "being an asshole".
    'Dox out.

"It’s cold and it’s mean-spirited and I don’t like it here anymore." - Alan Moore

"Can it, you nit!" - Violet Beauregard

"And Paradox is never correct. About anything."- Kid Omega

The Conclave group page on Primus (a work in progress)
    Champions: The Conclave (an updating Facebook Gallery)
    Decorum & Friends (A City of Heroes archive)

BANNED

SNAPS.

And they can be mentally entertaining. That is until someone of slow wit takes offense and goes physical.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    I always called it "being an asshole".
    I concur, Dr. Paradox.

BANNED

In Elementary School?

Quote Originally Posted by ExcelsiorPrime View Post
    In Elementary School?
    Exactly! Lol. When you're older, it's just called being annoying. When you're in elementary school, it's just being immature and having fun. When I was a kid in elementary we did a lot of dumb things. One of our favorite pranks was putting thumbtacks on someone's seat just before they're about to sit down and watch them jump Lol. I've also been the recipient of it, it's funny as hell and I wasn't mad when someone did it to me.
    Elementary school was hilarious, when our teacher left the room there was one guy in our class that would strip naked and run around the class. So funny Lol

BANNED

That's bullying if they were not your friends, but instead just casual kids trying to annoy you.

And if they were your friends, well, they weren't really your friends.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Groo Odyssey View Post
    Elementary school was hilarious, when our teacher left the room there was one guy in our class that would strip naked and run around the class. So funny Lol
    Lol, those funny times.

Seriously? What if the teacher forgot something and head back? XD

When assholes like this appear. I just ignore them. I don't know how I do it but I just do. The more you don't react to them, the less they are entertained and would likely stop. If they go to the next level and do something that would hurt me physically, God help me, I will(fortunately, didn't happen yet) beat the living shit out of them.

BANNED

Exactly! Lol. When you're older, it's just called being annoying. When you're in elementary school, it's just being immature and having fun. When I was a kid in elementary we did a lot of dumb things. One of our favorite pranks was putting thumbtacks on someone's seat just before they're about to sit down and watch them jump Lol. I've also been the recipient of it, it's funny as hell and I wasn't mad when someone did it to me.
    You saw it as pranks, but I bet there's at least one kid out there who saw it as soul-crushing bullying and has you on his "people to kill" list.

Quote Originally Posted by indigim25 View Post
    Seriously? What if the teacher forgot something and head back? XD
    Nothing, this was elementary school. Our teacher would tell little Carlos to put his pants and underwear back on and everyone would be on the floor laughing their ass off. I know nowadays in our politically correct obsessed society I don't think a teacher would want to get it out there that he allowed a 7 yr old to be running around nekkid in his classroom under his supervision , this sounds a lot worse than it was. Back when I was growing up, this wouldn't be an issue. Pretty sure we did a lot of highly questionable things that wouldn't be acceptable by today's standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Hopkins View Post
    You saw it as pranks, but I bet there's at least one kid out there who saw it as soul-crushing bullying and has you on his "people to kill" list.
    We only did it between friends of ours or someone who had a great sense of humor for a good laugh. Like I said, I've also been the recipient of it, it's funny as hell and we were immature. It was never meant to be in a mean spirited way and if someone was really upset about it we would just stop. Everyone in our classroom always had a laugh over it.
    Last edited by Groo Odyssey; 06-20-2014 at 10:49 PM.

BANNED

Nothing, this was elementary school. Our teacher would tell little Carlos to put his pants and underwear back on and everyone would be on the floor laughing their ass off. I know nowadays in our politically obsessed world I don't think a teacher would want to get it out there that he allowed a 7 yr old to be running around nekkid in his classroom under his supervision , this sounds a lot worse than it was. Back when I was growing up, this wouldn't be an issue. Pretty sure we did a lot of highly questionable things that wouldn't be acceptable by today's standard.

We only did it between friends of ours or someone who had a great sense of humor for a good laugh. Like I said, I've also been the recipient of it, it's funny as hell and we were immature. It was never meant to be in a mean spirited way and if someone was really upset about it we would just stop. Everyone in our classroom always had a laugh over it.
    I know I always felt great when the bullies got the whole classroom laughing at me.

The first response I think of to someone like that is to tell him to **** off
    If I decide to give that jerk the courtesy of a reply
    Quote Originally Posted by ExcelsiorPrime View Post
    SNAPS.

And they can be mentally entertaining. That is until someone of slow wit takes offense and goes physical.
    Or if that person snaps after getting fed up
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Hopkins View Post
    I know I always felt great when the bullies got the whole classroom laughing at me.

You wouldn't be someone that we would pull this prank on. We only did this to people who we knew wouldn't be upset over it. These pranks were also pulled when our teacher was in the room with us so our teacher would let us kids know if something was done in bad taste.

Not a particularly elegant form of dragging people down. I um.. just pretty much ignored them, and if they continued to ask me a question after I blatantly ignored them, I hurt them physically. If they're stronger than you, stab them with a pen or something. Depends how much it bugs you. But just imagine that every single time you legitimately answer their question is like throwing wood on the fire that is their lust for annoying people.