View Poll Results: Does this sound like an interesting comic book you would read?

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

0 0%
  • No

0 0%
  • Maybe, still needs works

1 100.00%
    All-New Member

Exclamation Brand New Writer Seeking Advise

I am a completely new writer attempting to create an entire new world for a 'fantasy' comic book. I've been researching and reading about world building (Writing Fantasy & Science Fiction: How To Create Out-Of-This-World Novels and Short Stories - Various Authors) and comic book creation (Making Comics - Scott McCloud). I have an idea for a comic book series and have been looking for feedback and advice. Now that I've finally a few different forums where I can share my ideas, find collaborators and maybe get a few tips from more established comic book creators, I feel that I'm ready to begin the process of actualizing these characters and stories.

Basically the world I have in mind is Greek mythology (Polytheism) with superhero fiction mixed into a fantasy setting. I'm somewhat unsure of sharing too many detials because I don't have type of copyright on the intellectual property and would hate to have the idea stolen. Imagine a world where multiple gods exist and are worshiped throughout an entire nation. Of course, not all of the gods see eye to eye on the day to day dealings with their human devotees and are constantly at war with each other. The gods also have half human/half diety children that possess special abilities (mutants/metahumans in Marvel/DC universes). The nation itself is already at war for the throne amongst several kingdoms. The god of war gains power as chaos and destruction slowly the evelope the lives of all peoples. As mortal kings contend for the crown, others must rise and fight before the world falls into complete carnage giving the god of war complete control.

That is the foundation of the story I want to tell. However, I would like it to span throught different eras as the gods themselves are somewhat immortal and the war between good and evil is everlasting. I have character bios and have already begun a story arc. But I guess my question is: Does this sound/feel like a story that would make a good comic book series? I'm really thinking of an entire world like Marvel/DC, telling different stories from the point of view of different characters all tied together in one universe. Any ideas, tips and advice would be greatly appreciated.

BANNED

All this stuff your saying is already popular. There are college majors, followings. Channel101 made stuff, and it goes on forever. It could go many ways.

All-New Member

Its something of a mashup of many people's favorite comic book subjects. Now I have to do my hardest to execute and give it justice.

All-New Member

I had a similar idea in regards to the massive universe with multiple books and stories, etc. However, after teaching myself all sorts of writing tricks by way of podcasts, I boiled what was once a grand 60 issue design with intertwining books all the way down to a 7 issue miniseries that reads like a movie.

My point is, no matter how much background and world building you do, the core of your story and character arc needs to be solid. Trust me, I spent a decade building my world only to read this quote: "Sometimes the only one who needs to know the back story is the writer."

Good luck, email me a script once you've got a first draft complete.

I had a couple of crazy ideas too: planned to combine Greek and Scandinavian mythologies. It had to be a dystopian story. But then the storyline seemed too messy. Do you have any ready comics to share?
    access via domyessay

Btw, have you ever considered co-authorship? I'm looking for candidatures.