Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Why Were Mutants Still Being Targeted After M-Day?

One of the major factors contributing to the public's fear of mutants is that they will one day outnumber humans as the dominant species. This was clearly no longer the case after M-Day (and it is arguable if it still is after the events of AvX). My question is, why didn't all the paranoid bigots just decide to let the mutants die out? If my information is correct, Wanda's spell didn't simply remove the x-gene from all but the remaining 198, but she made it impossible for mutants to be born. Why were their governments still building Sentinels when the threat they faced was staring extinction in the face?

BANNED

Because racism isn't rational.

BANNED

Because there were still more than 200 mutants running around, their job was not done yet.

Deadly Bee Weapon coveredinbees's Avatar

They were already down. It was the perfect time to strike.

Top Class Breeding ;) Mr. Brightside's Avatar

Purifiers took the depowering as a sign from their god that it was time to finish the job (canon). That and racism doesnt stop, lol
    CANON: "Cyclops, the most important mutant in 616" - The scientific community of the 616

BANNED

To finish Wanda's job.

Kick em while they're down.

Because haters gonna hate and the 616 universe is a hellhole full of "#$%&&%$#.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Because haters gonna hate and the 616 universe is a hellhole full of "#$%&&%$#.
    Hell even the MU version of the US govement used it as an opportunity to harm mutants. But that was predicable

BANNED

It was the perfect chance.

Marvel still likes rehashing and reusing the same themes in their comics. Was I expecting racism towards mutants to disappear. Not at all. To have it still at the level if "ah ah a mutant! Kill it! Kill it now! I was not. At this point no matter what they do mutants will be discriminated against. At the same time their should also be more acceptance as well IMO. Then again were talking about the same setting that has the Thing. A giant humanoid rock is okay because his power comes from cosmic radiation. Yet cyclops gets discriminated against because he gets his power from fallout.
    Jean loves me this I know because the church says it so.

Havok and Emma were right.

Because fear and hatred for mutants in the Marvel Universe =

With mutant numbers at an all time low, the people making giant robots to hunt down and kill mutants wouldn't just close shop and go home. They don't want to be quitters afterall!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sureshot View Post
    Marvel still likes rehashing and reusing the same themes in their comics. Was I expecting racism towards mutants to disappear. Not at all. To have it still at the level if "ah ah a mutant! Kill it! Kill it now! I was not. At this point no matter what they do mutants will be discriminated against. At the same time their should also be more acceptance as well IMO. Then again were talking about the same setting that has the Thing. A giant humanoid rock is okay because his power comes from cosmic radiation. Yet cyclops gets discriminated against because he gets his power from fallout.
    That's one of the things that comes with totally different stories coexisting in the same universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Millenium View Post
    That's one of the things that comes with totally different stories coexisting in the same universe.
    I disagree. It would make sense if the FF and X-men were in two different comic universes. Instead they are in both. It makes almost no sense that the tall orange talking rock gets a 99% free pass on racism. While the human looking character that fires optic blasts gets discriminated against. The difference being is that one gets his powers from cosmic radiation. The other from fallout. Speaking for myself out of the two the Thing would freak me out more than Cyclops anytime of the day. If Marvel truly wanted to make racism relevent in their stories then anyone and everyone that had superpowers. Human, alien or mutant would be discriminated against. Anyone that is different is the enemy. But no only mutants are to be feared and have Sentinels sent at them. After all the Wrecking Crew look human so it's okay to give them a free pass on racism. Why send Sentinels after them. The poor underpowered undergunned average policeman is more than enough. Racism in Marvel imo makes no sense. To selective and precise. When racism is anything but. Not to mention as a theme it's getting old, boring stale. When there are so many more human looking villians that do much worse than the X-men on their worst day yet they don't get discriminated against.
    Jean loves me this I know because the church says it so.

Havok and Emma were right.

They had Nimrods database. They saw that the future was changing to one where mutants thrive and are accepted. This is due to those depowered students that assimilate (devils in disguise) into society and change public opinion on mutants. They wanted the current future to play out so they blew up that Bus.

Same for Hopes birth. Bastion saw that the future was altered so he took measures to change it back to the one he wanted.