Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
    Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by responsarbre View Post
    Deodato has been tracing directly from 3D modeling programs like Poser/Daz Studio for the past decade. It’s really plainly apparent to anyone who’s familiar with them.

Take a look at this cover and you can see the wires on the bottom of the floor clipping through Loki’s feet. Is that something anyone would draw on purpose?

And if you look at Infinity Wars, most of the faces (especially Emma Frost’s) are stock faces from Poser models. It’s bewildering considering he obviously knows how to draw without them.
    Really? I don't see it at all. I'm familiar with Poser but usually their poses are very stiff as well as their faces in an almost laughable way. This stuff doesn't look like that. And would he really be dumb enough to let a mistake like that slip? It could be a miscommunication between writer and artist. I've seen mistakes like this before. It doesn't mean they are frauds. His faces are very much like Marc Silvestri'. Daz didn't corner the market on the model look.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ralmist View Post
    To me, for any redesign, the comicbook character Prowler's look is to include the cape.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    I'm not a fan of all the dark shading, but I find his art serviceable. Not my favorite, but certainly not a deal-breaker.
    Too much dark shading is not so admirable yes, but I think he does not go overboard when making use of dark shading.
    Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Mike Deodato Jr.'s Witches

Bring on the MCU Werewolf by Night, Man-Thing and the Witches post MCU Phase 3!!

Mike Deodato Jr.'s Sub-Mariner (Namor McKenzie) vs. Warbird (Carol Danvers)

Bring on the MCU Prince Namor post MCU Phase 3!!

I've found the coloring on Deodato's work in recent years to be... weird. Which I don't think is on him, unless he started doing his own coloring and I missed that.

BANNED

I do not believe Deodato ever does his own coloring. I think he is primarily a pencil artist.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Deodato definitely got the hang of drawing splash pages early on (The Avengers #380, November 1994):

Astonishing Member

Deodato has been a guilty pleasure of mine for years. I think I became a fan of his in a Spider-man run, and loved his Thunderbolts work with Warren Ellis.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Really like Deodato Jr, his 2000s stuff are some of my favourites with Thunderbolts, Dark Avengers and Spider-Man. His more recent experimental style (with all the panels drifting into one another) isn’t quite my cup of tea. Always enjoy his art though.

BANNED

Dark Avengers #1, the one where Tommy Lee Jones runs the Avengers.