Super Moderator

Default Submit Your X-Position Questions for Dennis Hopeless

Dennis Hopeless is the next guest for X-Position and CBR wants your questions for the "All-New X-Men" writer.

Full article here.

All-New Member

Im really love ALL New X-Men comic ,but what is killing me is Emma Frost are there plans to her made an appearance or is she dead

BANNED

1) Is Blob still on MGH, or did he somehow get his powers fully restored?

2) We know that Laura's "little sister," Gabby, will still be around after the first arc of All-New Wolverine. Could she turn up here, as well?

3) The last time Laura and Hellion saw each other he was in a pretty bad place after killing Karima, and said some very hurtful things after she broke off their relationship. It's often underestimated how important he was to her early development after joining the X-Men (Hellion was the first person after Wolverine to really try and show her she was better than what the Facility made her), and there seems to be a lot about the way their relationship ended that needs closure (IE Laura told Gambit she still cares for him, but she didn't tell JULIAN). Any chance of them interacting again? This is one of several unresolved threads from the Liu series that begs addressing.

Hey there! I'm really excited about the upcoming ANXM Apocalypse Wars story arc, but I'm really curious as to why Evan is being listed as "Kid Apocalypse" in the solicits and the book openings themselves when his code name is Genesis. Seeing him being listed as Kid Apocalypse seems rather odd to many as that was the nickname that bullies gave him at the Jean Grey School, not to mention a nickname he has always seemed to detest, so it seems unlikely to a lot of people that he would willingly adopt that moniker now. Can he be called Genesis again?
    Last edited by TruDivination; 03-02-2016 at 10:15 AM.
    "Luck doesn't exist. There are no such things as coincidences. Anything can be rationalized, logic is essential, sense is irrelevant."
    -Future Evil Dictator. Or just me.

All New All Different Marvel Pull List: Uncanny Avengers, Uncanny X-Men, All-New X-Men, Spider Gwen, Ms. Marvel, Deadpool, Agents of Shield

Obviously Marvel can just have all of my money at this point in time.

PiotrRasputin

I'm not sure if it will come in ANX books or whether it should be in Extraordinary, or Uncanny, but I'm curious how much longer the vague references, claims, responses, and hate will be going Cyclops way before we actually find out what he did? The 8 month time skip is a good writing tool to move the story ahead and pick up at a point where it doesn't likely feel like an event. But as a loyal X-men fan I cringe every time this bit gets dragged on about the terroist that adult Scott supposedly became before he was allegedly killed, or died with no detail... no explanation. I had reservations about the All New X-men lineup but I think you guys have done a really great job so far. Like I said this may be over your pay grade and I WANT to believe that this is something you and the editors have already planned out, because if the last comic book that I get to see the canon adult Scott Summers in has him getting his neck snapped by Doom, well disappointed doesn't really fully explain how frustrated that would make me feel.

PR

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

Kid Apoc had a strong relationship with the adult Warren when he was at the school will he have any reaction to him reverting to Archangel?

22. Sagittarius. Time Like Lightning's Avatar

Hi, Mr. Hopeless! Love what you've been doing so far, especially with Iceman. Any chance of some trans characters becoming part of your cast?
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear.
    The brave may not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all."

He/him/his pronouns.

BANNED

Evan is an awesome kid that had a lot of friends in the JGS besides Idie, my question is, Will we see cameos of some of his friends in All new x-men ? like sprite (who i believe had something of a relationship with Evan), broo or eye-boy ?

BANNED

1. Are you pairing up Evan and Idie?

2. Will we expect a discussion between Apocalypse and Evan in Apocalypse Wars?

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Any chance we get to see Warren come to terms with the fact that him trying to chose his own destiny actually put him in very much the same situation as Archangel, and that, in the end, despite their ripples of dissent, their futures are set in stone? I mean, can't they see that nothing has changed despite their current feelings? Will this be something that Scott comes to terms with? Not to mention, Archangel's choice for power in a moment of weakness is exactly why Laura distrusts him, so why is she with Warren despite him showing that his older self's choosing to be Archangel has as much to do with his own flaws, and weakness, as it did Apocalypse's timely manipulations?

Will we find out the extent to which the young O5 have damaged the timeline? Or has that been fixed by the Fantastic Four and are the young O5 killable without having any repercussions on their counterparts? I'm hoping to see this hypothesis tested on panel.
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 03-02-2016 at 07:06 PM.

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Will we find out the extent to which the young O5 have damaged the timeline? Or has that been fixed by the Fantastic Four and are the young O5 killable without having any repercussions on their counterparts? I'm hoping to see this hypothesis tested on panel.
    I think that could be the case. O5 Warren already proved that he was susceptible to great, and corrupting power, even when not shamed to the point that he was when he became Archangel. If anything, Black Vortex either set a precedent for it/planted the seed in his head, or showed that he's always been a easily corruptible.

Even Scott has shown that he's had this darkness in him, even as a child, in brief moments.

Or perhaps, it's because, regardless of all this, the moment the go back to their time Xavier will wipe their minds of this experience, and all this was a massive waste of time, and money. Hey, that sounds like something Bendis seems to have trouble with....oh how anti-climactic...

1. In his last CBR interview Tom Taylor said you and he "talked about working closer" and that got me wondering how much do you work together with your fellow X-Men writers? I noticed that in Extraordinary X-Men #6 and All New X-Men #5 both the older and younger Iceman had conversations with Anole and Evan about their sexuality and given how your series has characters who don't just appear in other comics but have older versions of themselves running around like Beast and Archangel in the Uncanny Inhumans and X-Men does All New X-Men require more collaboration than your other work like Spiderwoman?

2. The younger Iceman as demonstrated through his conversation with Evan in issue #5 seems more uncomfortable with his homosexuality than his older self is as shown in Extraordinary X-Men #6 during his conversation with Anole. Older Bobby seems more at peace with himself while younger Bobby says he has "no desire whatsoever" to talk about it but I found this confusing given that technically both have been out for the same period of time. Will Iceman have to manage more situations where he has to confront this part of himself like Scott did with the Ghosts of Cyclops in the first few issues or Hank McCoy and Warren given what's happening to their older selves in Uncanny Inhumans and X-Men?

3. About a decade ago shortly before the original Civil War there was a limited series called X-Men: The 198 which involved the reteam up of the now adult original X-Men minus Jean Grey and with the four members time displaced younger selves currently starring in All New X-Men and with Civil War 2 on the horizon can we expect something similar to happen with them now?

4. In previous X-Positions other writers have confirmed that despite the teams neutrality in the original event the X-Men will play a role in Civil War 2 including Laura but given that the All New X-Men have struck out on their own will this apply to them as well?