Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: FCBD: Civil War II #1

Marvel peels back the curtain on their can't miss FCBD 2016 title, CIVIL WAR II #1!
    Before hero stands against hero, Brian Michael Bendis and Jim Cheung bring you a snapshot of the conflict that will split the Marvel Universe in two!
    But that's not all! Beware the sting of the All-New Wasp! FCBD CIVIL WAR II #1 will also feature a special second story from All-New, All-Different Avengers writer Mark Waid and legendary artist Alan Davis. Be there as this mysterious new character makes their big debut! Are they friend or foe? How will their coming impact on the lives of the All-New, All-Different Avengers? The answers may surprise you, True Believer!
    Not only do you get a lead in to the escalating conflict of Civil War II, but you'll also be introduced to a big new character as the All-New Wasp rockets into the Marvel Universe.

Full preview here.

BANNED

So... Carol and T'challa are lovers now?

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    I do get a since of jealousy there.

Why you say that? She seems to be flirting(or something) with Rhodey.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_duck View Post
    I do get a since of jealousy there.
    Because of his mask I don't think we can really read his emotions too well.

That said given the smiled on Rhodey and Carol He Does SEE Like A Fifth wheel.

That cover is extremely worrysome. Given the fact Bendis is the writer of this "event" and given the fact the only way he writes these days is by employing "shocking & controversial" turns of events or miswriting long estabilished and well loved characters in order to have them doing out of character stuff for him to have a pretext for "his story", so the comic book sells for a few issues before dropping down, but of course Bendis is suddenly somewhere else doing the exact same thing with another character, I fear he's having warmachine and carol defeat Thanos in the first issue of this "event". It makes no sense at all given the relative powerlevels, but Bendis is Bendis... he doesn't care about consistency or consequences, he just cares for a short term gain in terms of generated shock value

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Why you say that? She seems to be flirting(or something) with Rhodey.
    But Carol's been with BP the whole time.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Haquim View Post
    That cover is extremely worrysome. Given the fact Bendis is the writer of this "event" and given the fact the only way he writes these days is by employing "shocking & controversial" turns of events or miswriting long estabilished and well loved characters in order to have them doing out of character stuff for him to have a pretext for "his story", so the comic book sells for a few issues before dropping down, but of course Bendis is suddenly somewhere else doing the exact same thing with another character, I fear he's having warmachine and carol defeat Thanos in the first issue of this "event". It makes no sense at all given the relative powerlevels, but Bendis is Bendis... he doesn't care about consistency or consequences, he just cares for a short term gain in terms of generated shock value
    The problem is that Bendis doesn't give a shit. The man has been writing the same trash for years and people defend him. Something shocking leads to a "big event" that's mostly all talk and crap action for a panel or two. Suddenly some other big thing happens and more talking. Lackluster end and a character that has no business beating a big bad suddenly one hit whips the big bad and that's that. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed a lot of his work from a decade ago. But nothing has evolved. He acknowledges that characters like Miles Morales tend to one hit beat characters and yet he still employs it and people eat it up. He can handle certain characters well. His Daredevil was phenomenal. His early Ultimate Spider-Man kept me on the character during the first garbage civil war reveal. I like his Iron Man. But his teams suck. His events sucks. And lately he's high and Miles and to many people here he can do no wrong and that's a problem.

As a relatively new comic reader, this is definitely a pattern I've noticed with Bendis. I do like most of his work, but the one thing I see consistently lacking is development of the story. Rather than building up to anything, he'll introduce a new concept or twist with no explanation or backstory, thus detracting from the big sweeping story he's trying to make in the first place.

But Carol's been with BP the whole time.
    yeah trying to save the multiverse, but there's no signs that it's anymore than that.

I don't know how the Black Panther is lurking there, because he seems too busy with the Ultimates. That Panther is just hanging is a new thing.

Carol and Rhodey together is nice, so her stint on Alpha Flight may be over or she's taken a break.