Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    Valiant's CEO, Publisher and Editor-in-Chief give CBR News an all-access look at how the publisher operates, and its ambitious plans for 2016.

Full article here.
    Of course they are on their own path. With print numbers as low as theirs why would they follow 2 companies also with sagging sales. Valiant has to get their TV and movie projects going and hope for the best. Best comics on the market and nobody cares.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberpunk Ronin View Post
    I was enjoying this interview until they started throwing shade at the Big Two. Why crap on another company to build yours up? Hell, if it wasn't for Marvel & DC, a lot of characters wouldn't even be in existence. Don't get me wrong, Valiant is great. I buy Ninjak, Faith & XO Manowar. But this interview turned me off from the company a bit.
    To be fair Valiant doesn't have to deal with the mess the big two have to deal with.

So I won't get mad at him about that shade.

Look at Divinity. A mini with a black guy in the lead. and Faith with a "healthy" female lead. Everyone on this board knows all you know what would break lose if the big two tried that.

Valiant works because the book are judged on CONTENT not who is on the cover. Sales might be low but at least Valiant know if a book like Shadow Man sells 10K-90% of those copies were BOUGHT.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Personally, I didn't see anything to get that worked up over here. If the people at Valiant "don't care" about what DC or Marvel are doing outside of their sales figures then that's their prerogative. I didn't take that to be that they were dismissing the big 2 at all. I read it as more that they are more concerned about and focused on their own company then on whatever mega moves DC and Marvel are involved with currently. They're a smaller company who answers only to themselves and not some parent company so in all honesty why should they care anyway?
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Quote Originally Posted by missingmarch View Post
    I am considering Rai as my next Valiant attempt. Could someone tell me a bit about the title? Like, genre?
    Here is a good teaser video for Rai and what it is about. I highly recommend it, it's awesome. And Clayton Crain is one of the best artists around.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ch1Ted_712o

Incredible Member

In the spirit of the topic, an interview with Warren Simons (Editor in Chief at Valiant) released today and is a great listen regardless of your Valiant familiarity:

https://t.co/cEOTsm2YsL

I grabbed that link off Twitter, so hopefully it works. It does go to iTunes. The podcast is called "Any Time with Vin Forte"
    I read Valiant Comics, and you should too!

Archer & Armstrong / Bloodshot USA / Divinity III / Faith / Generation Zero / Harbinger: Renegade / Ninjak / Savage

Anxiously awaiting: Bloodshot: Salvation / Britannia II / Harbinger Wars 2 / Psi-Lords / Secret Weapons / Shadowman / War Mother / X-O Manowar

Seriously, why aren't you reading Valiant Comics?