Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    All-New Member

But why does Tony not remember MJ being married to Peter? They lived in Stark Tower for a while.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mcauburn View Post
    But why does Tony not remember MJ being married to Peter? They lived in Stark Tower for a while.
    Thanks to One More Day, Peter and Mary Jane were technically never married. Depending on how long they were together, it might have been enough for a common-law marriage, but there wasn't a ceremony or certification to make their relationship legally binding. However, I figure that since Tony erased and rebooted his brain using a backup that went up to pre-Extremis, meaning before Peter and Mary Jane started living in Stark Tower, it's reasonable he wouldn't remember them that well.

As for the actual topic of this thread, Marvel better hurry before Rihanna sues them for using her nickname for one of their characters. (Yes, she tried to trademark her actual first name, Robyn, but couldn't because DC Comics already had the trademark for "Robin" as in Batman & Robin.) Bad joke aside, is this the same MIT student who leaked Tony's armor schematics? If not, will we be meeting that student eventually, as "Riri" seems to be working off that schematic leak?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by mbeezy561 View Post
    I disagree, I love the way Marvel builds up diversity. As an African-American you literally have NOOO idea how much life it gives me that Marvel now has several prominent black heroes.
    This is the truth.

I've never been into Marvel more than I am now and it's because they've broadened their content. I no longer have to search for characters I like somewhere in the background.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceebiro View Post
    I have to say, I do hate the way Marvel is building diversity. Instead of continuously replacing long-established characters with facsimiles, why not promote the characters that continue to be underdeveloped. What happened to all of the Academy kids? What about the Initiative recruits? Heck, where are the Runaways not named Nico Minoru? Why not give Cammi a space-faring book?
    Totally agree. I'm reading much older books now.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by mbeezy561 View Post
    I disagree, I love the way Marvel builds up diversity. As an African-American you literally have NOOO idea how much life it gives me that Marvel now has several prominent black heroes.
    Now?

You say that as though Falcon didn't exist before he put on Steve Roger's outfit.
    TeekVids <-- Check out the news every Sunday

BANNED

Given the current climate, I think this girl is needed and to be fair, she seems awesome. I mean, building her own Iron Man suit? What's not to like?

Sounds like they are already preparing the War Machine replacement after they kill off the one we got. Cos they want their cake and to eat it too; kill off a hero but still use the name on somebody. Replacing pretty much every character in such a short span of time isn't very natural. Space it out more, guys. DC stopped having "legacy" be everywhere at once and it's much better for doing that. I'll make a prediction - we will probably get a replacement She-Hulk next too.
    Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Red Lantern Bleez, Larfleeze
    BRING BACK PANDORA!

http://i.imgur.com/fq7hazv.png

Hyped for Pokémon Sun and Moon! Nickname your Sun Legend after me!

"There are two main times when comic book fans gripe: When something changes and when something stays the same."
    Cyborg is a Leaguer forever, not a Titan

iMan 42s

Names are available if she is her own hero, War Hammer, Black Hawk, Suppressor, Python, Rolling Thunder.
    She doesn't have to be War Machine.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Team DD +++ BuckyNat Master Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by neonrideraryeh View Post
    I'll make a prediction - we will probably get a replacement She-Hulk next too.
    Maybe even a She-Man Hulk.
    Currently reading:
    - Gangsta.
    - Gangsta. Cursed
    - Tokyo Ghoul:re

All-New Member

I'm not the only one who thought Tony should have figured out that Peter Parker is Spider-Man during their conversation, am I?

He remarks that Parker is doing "his act down to the tee", then inquires as to whether or not his "bodyguard" is busy. I imagined him trailing off after the word bodyguard, then whispering "Holy $#*+, are you Spider-Man?" into the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by MCBT View Post
    Given the current climate, I think this girl is needed and to be fair, she seems awesome. I mean, building her own Iron Man suit? What's not to like?
    Which makes me wonder. How do people like her get the parts for that?
    Being smart enough to build it is OK but you still can't order missles on Amazon or something like that.
    "This is me being reasonable"

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    Which makes me wonder. How do people like her get the parts for that?
    Being smart enough to build it is OK but you still can't order missles on Amazon or something like that.
    Tony gave her some of her old armors to mess around with at the end of the Iron Patriot series, after he was impressed she was able to hack into Rhodey's armor.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    Tony gave her some of her old armors to mess around with at the end of the Iron Patriot series, after he was impressed she was able to hack into Rhodey's armor.
    Lila Rhodes, yeah, but this seems like a completely different character in Invincible Iron Man #7.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by RicochetVega View Post
    I'm not the only one who thought Tony should have figured out that Peter Parker is Spider-Man during their conversation, am I?

He remarks that Parker is doing "his act down to the tee", then inquires as to whether or not his "bodyguard" is busy. I imagined him trailing off after the word bodyguard, then whispering "Holy $#*+, are you Spider-Man?" into the phone.
    Tony was blinded by his fragile ego at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by DiarraHarris7y6 View Post
    because no-one read those stories. That's why.
    I don't think so. Avengers Academy is in 30 Rock!
    Of course there are many comic books fans that read those stories.
    Fans of established characters will usually get disappointed by the replacement.
    Non-fans however will only flock to established names from big screens and small screens.
    Marve's tactics is a lazy way to attract new readers and appease their board members and overlords.
    So it is a simple case of my user name.
    “If you want to really see a road map of where our movies will be (going) in the next five, 10 or 20 years, read the comics,” says Joe Quesada, Marvel’s chief creative officer. “Because they’re almost always a precursor to what’s on the horizon in our cinematic universe and our television universes.”