Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Stars & Stripes View Post
    I still think this ends with Hill deposed as SHIELD Director and Coulson replacing him, alongside his team becoming the core. Synergy and all that.
    There is no way you are wrong. Hill will become a secretary for Stark
    “If you want to really see a road map of where our movies will be (going) in the next five, 10 or 20 years, read the comics,” says Joe Quesada, Marvel’s chief creative officer. “Because they’re almost always a precursor to what’s on the horizon in our cinematic universe and our television universes.”

Quote Originally Posted by Orbus View Post
    I checked this out mostly out of curiosity but I liked this a lot better than I thought I would and genuinely interested to see how it plays out. That said I echo the sentiment that Maria Hill's dialogue seemed too flippant. Pretty much everything she said was snarky and super villain-ish. I suppose we don't know the plans for him but the identity of the Whisperer was somewhat odd although I suppose seeing as it's a Captain America story it probably had to be connected to the franchise.
    I was really glad to see the identity of the Whisperer as he was connected to the Avengers from the very first issue. It is a just recognition of his presence amongst such icons and how he and his team rescued the Avengers at least in Avengers #8. But mostly for my own reasons connected to the nature of ANAD and how Reed and co think it "should be", so, the Whisperer fits in very well with that.

Spectacular Member

Decided to jump into this series just for Bucky, and I'm digging it quite a bit so far!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stars & Stripes View Post
    I still think this ends with Hill deposed as SHIELD Director and Coulson replacing him, alongside his team becoming the core. Synergy and all that.
    During Waid's SHIELD series Coulson was foreshadowed to be the next SHIELD director after Hill. I think Leonardo Da Vinci wanted to expedite the change from Hill to Coulson, revealing SHIELD secrets of how each director gained that position and how it was his turn but Coulson didn't bite, allowing Hill to remain director.

Gots No Chi Danny Rand's Other Fist's Avatar

My LCS put this in my standing order bag but I put it back on the shelf, mainly because it was a 4.99 book and I wanted to see reviews and people's thoughts on it first. Seems like they're mostly positive, which is good. I do like Spencer's books for the most part so I'm certainly leaning towards picking it up now.

I never really cared much one way or another about Maria Hill before, aside from finding her vaguely annoying, but Nick Spencer's version of her is a lot of fun. Someone in another thread described her as a "coke addict" in this issue, but I really love her being a snarky ******* to Steve. All those lines were pure gold. Spencer said that he would love to write 20 pages a month of that, and I would buy every issue.

I also loved all the snark that Karla threw in Trapster's face at the end and how he continues to be the slimeball that nobody likes.