Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    Anyone else think that Josh is still alive? Last issue there was no mention of his death and then this issue Monet says "you're the one that SHOT Josh!" She didn't say killed or murdered. I just find it odd that they wouldn't mention his death in passing in the last two issues.
    i think there's a possibility that josh is alive. they have left the back door open for him. it's possible that magneto recovered the corpse and is hiding it on genosha. josh was doing epic level omega feats when he was sniped. considering the upper limits of his power have always been something to be feared, it's possible he crossed the threshold into being able to resurrect himself.

and monet does know josh - they were both fighting against the predator x and purifiers in messiah complex.

Quote Originally Posted by Jdsm24 View Post
    Here is my own personal theory, which is based on everything shown ON-PANEL.

"Kwan-Yin" Xorn (stupid name, that's the name of the Chinese Taoist GODDESS of Mercy, Chuck Austen insulted Chinese and Taoists with his cultural misappropriation) became an energy being who required a host body.
    Magneto was power-drained AGAIN (like after his final battle against Joseph) after the Genoshan Massacre as he put ALL of Genosha's 16 Million plus mutants (if you read New Xmen 116, it was actually just a few hundred thousand short of 17 Million, and I think Marvel just rounded it off to 16 Million tsk tsk tsk) and so needed a source of power AGAIN.
    Magneto's followers in China tricked him into becoming the host body of KYX by pretending to have constructed Feng Tu as part of set-up for Magneto get at John Sublime (but it turns out that Feng Tu was real after all as BOTH Xorn brothers were each in separate underground prisons).
    Basically Magneto + Xorn = Darwin + Vulcan.
    KYX's consciousness was dormant so Magneto didn't know that he was now the host of KYX in energy form.
    Magneto's method acting in the role of KYX was based on info about his personality given to him by his followers about the real KYX.
    KYX's consciousness awoke during Planet X when Magneto was also possessed by Sublime in his aerosol form as the mutant-power-booster drug Kick.
    Magneto was basically possessed at the same time by both Xorn and Sublime = Angel and Devil?
    Wolverine beheaded Magneto and Xorn became a free spirit.
    Scarlet Witch (I refuse to acknowledge last year's Axis' retcon which will most likely be undone anyway like all of the High Evolutionary's retcons to Earth-616's history) resurrected her daddy and so the coffin that Xavier brought with him to Genosha was actually EMPTY because if there was really a dead body in it, obviously it should have started STINKING already that SOMEONE on Genosha should have commented on it but NOBODY ever did.
    And remember Magneto had those mysterious "migraines" during his stay in Genosha with Xavier & Co. whenever he used his powers or even just thought too much, which NEVER happened before.
    Magneto also was able to create a time-space worm-hole for the first time (which only Xorn was shown to have done previously) and was even wearing the EXACT SAME COSTUME THAT HE WORE IN PLANET X when he "rescued" his daughter from the Avengers after she went crazy in Avengersisassembled.
    The Decimation depowers most of Marvel-616's genetic mutants (who were actually 300 according to Henry Peter Gyrich in Avengers:Initiative, and not 198, as Wikipedia's own now-gone list of all powered mutants who appeared on-panel during those years EXCEEDED 198).
    Xorn is absorbed into the ball of depowered mutant bio-energy and goes crazy.
    He possesses Michael Pointer and becomes the Collective.
    The Collective goes to Genosha and ditches MP to repossess Magneto, reminding him of their "connection" implying a past relationship.
    The Avengers beat the Collective out of Magneto and Sentry throws him into the Sun itself.
    He may still be alive there for all we know, hanging out with Demogorge .

Anyway, Wolverine confirms that Xorn was Magneto Possessed By Sublime, to White Phoenix Jean Grey (GOD-MODE) in Here Comes Tomorrow.
    Why would he bother to even lie to her and she could tell if he was lying anyway.

Somebody EMAIL this to Cullen Bunn ASAP.
    Not a bad theory, but reading that is headache-inducing. I can see why no writer wants to touch that with a 10 foot pool.

I really would like to see Xorn join the team, and they can always just refer to the other Xorn as the 'crazy brother' and leave it at that. Unless Bunn really does want to tackle that Magneto-Xorn stuff and explain it all. If he does, well I wish him luck.

Anyways, good issue. I hope to see Magneto totally destroy the Dark Riders next issue.

Ready for Psylocke to kill Warren again. Third time's the charm. <3

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Loved this issue, especially loved Betsy mind blasting Psynapse while giving Deadbolt a good kicking!

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Favourite panels from this issue...
    "They should have accepted the tea." + bloodspatter outline of Barrage
    Attachment 33297
    Epic Archangel vs pyramid!
    Attachment 33298
    Psylocke fighting two Dark Riders physically and psychically.
    Attachment 33299

Special nod to Psylocke's butterfly effect as telekinetic wings.

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    if bunn can come out of this giving us a viable mystique and xorn to put back into the mythos, i will consider him a success on that alone..
    Agreed and seconded. I'm not that much of a fan of Xorn. But if Bunn can at least write Mystique other than a nutcase. Without having the character revert back into lunatic mode. It's a plus for me. Anyone else notice that next to working as a guard for Shield. Working for the Hellfire Club is just as bad. it's like being a red shirt in Star Trek.
    Jean loves me this I know because the church says it so.

Havok and Emma were right.

Where the eff is Lifeforce?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    Ready for Psylocke to kill Warren again. Third time's the charm. <3
    I don't think that she'd kill him again, besides she's only killed him once, then again something with Warren right now imho would be a very valid reason for Betsy and Fantomex to have an all out fight...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I don't think that she'd kill him again, besides she's only killed him once, then again something with Warren right now imho would be a very valid reason for Betsy and Fantomex to have an all out fight...
    They'll flip it on it's head, he'll kill her this time.

Ultimate Member

Imho they've both died enough times already, if anything she helps to bring him back, perhaps after finding out that she didn't have to have killed him with the lifeseed back in Remender's run and Fantomex knew but pushed her to kill him, kind of reminds me of their conversation, W/B, while on that date in Uncanny years ago...with them joking about that they're supposed to have died and come back a few times first and that Warren was supposed to be an alternate reality version or something like that...I just don't see Bunn hooking them up anytime soon if he does bring the real Warren back, both need some single time before that...

BANNED

I hope we get a surprise appearance from Polaris or Briar next issue helping Magneto with the Dark Riders.

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    I got the impression that Monet lost someone actually close to her (The my friends keep dying line) and Josh's death triggered her grief.
    On the other hand, I believe Elixir is really dead as much as I believe Dazzler is really dead right now.
    Monet's probably still angry and sad about Synch and Skin's deaths in addition to the M Day AND Terrigen Holocausts.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Monet's probably still angry and sad about Synch and Skin's deaths in addition to the M Day AND Terrigen Holocausts.
    Doubt skin and synch are effecting her. PAD wouldn't have hesitated to reference it. Guido on the other hand she didn't have time to deal with that death, especially since she died, he brought her back and kick her ass out of hell. There's more to it during the final durations of X-factor leading into the HOE arc. Brian wood did hinted Monet wasn't quite herself during adj but never elonorated on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I realize that this was likely accidental but I fully support St.Croix being nicknamed "Money".
    LOL 'money' was a typo - but i'm glad you like it

Ultimate Member

Maybe Monet didn't come back from hell alone or something of that nature, or she's in a state of shock and such...not sure that Lorna would show up and just help Magneto out, if anything she'd want to give him a piece of her mind for what he did to her.

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    Doubt skin and synch are effecting her. PAD wouldn't have hesitated to reference it. Guido on the other hand she didn't have time to deal with that death, especially since she died, he brought her back and kick her ass out of hell. There's more to it during the final durations of X-factor leading into the HOE arc. Brian wood did hinted Monet wasn't quite herself during adj but never elonorated on it.
    Oh Puh-lease Synch and SKin were her homies, her roll dawgs, PAD ugh I wish I could say that he is one flawless writer But I think he dropped the ball only 3 times Not further exploring the "kitschy noir" style with Jamie and the detective agency, Aging Layla Miller, and the biggest disappointment.......Not exploring Monet/making her Muslim