Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Poll: What Did You Think Of The First "Ghostbusters" Trailer?

What Did You Think Of The First "Ghostbusters" Trailer?

The first trailer for director Paul Feig's "Ghostbusters" reboot has arrived -- what do you think?

Vote on the poll here.

Definitely isn't for me. Ghostbusters was funny, but it still took itself and it's premise seriously. This doesn't feel like that, and that's fine, but it isn't for me.

It's...fine. It just kinda seems like that Total Recall remake, or that Robocop remake, something that will ultimately be okay but completely forgettable when compared to the original, the only difference is they gender swapped all the characters for this one.

Visually it does not look bad at all. It looks great. My only gripe from the get go was that it's a total reboot. That's still my gripe because I'm not a fan of rebooting movies just because. It's pretty much exactly what I expected it would be given the director and the cast. So while not excited, I am leaning towards it being something I'll check out.

Fantastic Member

I may eventually watch it at home but unless the trailers improve I'm not spending $15 on a ticket.

The comedy looks generic and the need to tell you "this character is smart" just annoyed me.

Looks horrible.

Astonishing Member

I'm seeing a lot not to like, and it has nothing to do with an all-female cast, although I'm not too keen of what I'm seeing of THIS all-female cast.

It is just a trailer, but it feels much too safe and makes the whole approach of a quasi-reboot (?) feel unnecessary. Also, not a fan that the black lead can't be street smart AND book smart or just book smart.

I don't really care, I'll see it.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by RikWriter View Post
    Looks horrible.
    It does, but so did the two original Ghostbusters trailers. Who knows how the movie will actually turn out.

Mighty Member

It looks fine but totally forgettable.I don't understand why they make a total reboot and the comedy seem a little bit forced. The vfx seem cool, though.

Amazing Member

It looks all right. All reboots and remakes operate at a certain level of medicority, regardless of the cast. This wouldn't have been any better if it were a direct sequel with the original cast, or a group of male SNL alumni.

The opening text implies sequel, but everything else -- including Feig -- says reboot. i'd be more enthusatic for the movie -- technology, cast, direction, etc -- if it was a sequel.

Still though, it's nice to see all those easter eggs. The proton streams are intact (hopefully the sound effects are, too!), the ghosts look terrifically updated, and I'm sure that i'll enjoy McKinnon's character the most.

Not even Slimer can save this mess. Could be the first big bomb of 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Skeleton View Post
    Not even Slimer can save this mess. Could be the first big bomb of 2016.

The first bomb of 2016 was Gods of Egypt.

I'm a bit more optimistic, cautiously so. I'm still critical of the choice of an all female cast for the sake of an all female cast.
    Life is but a dream