Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mockingbird, #1

Super Moderator

Default Mockingbird, #1

BECAUSE YOU DEMANDED IT! Now in her own ongoing series!
    Bobbi Morse is Mockingbird, S.H.I.E.L.D.'s most versatile, most in-demand agent!
    But a string of missions gone wrong indicate that something strange is lurking within S.H.I.E.L.D.'s own medical and recovery network. How far will Mockingbird have to go in order to solve this puzzle box and get to the truth? Bestselling author Chelsea Cain teams with newcomer Kate Niemczyk.

Full article here.

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

I kind of miss Joelle Jones' art, but Chelsea Cain really has Bobbi's voice nailed down. I'm down to see Bobbi solve more mysteries.

Astonishing Member

Tony really should learn to protect himself better.

BANNED

I've been anticipating this solo.

This reads great! Joelle Jones would be my preferred artist but other than a couple of panels were Bobbi looks like a life size Barbie doll I dig this art as well.

I am so on board for this it's not even funny.

And Chelsea Cain confirmed via Twitter that that is indeed Tony Stark and "you would think he'd know the symptoms by now"
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Incredible Member JoeWithoutFear's Avatar

Question that I'm putting here simply because I don't know where else to put it... (mods, feel free to move this post if it fits better somewhere else!)

So, this book had the option of "click here for comments" and its own thread. But, say, Black Knight #5 does not have that option. What determines whether or not a comic preview is granted its own accompanying discussion thread?
    Me: "Wanna be Hawkeye and Hawkeye next Halloween?"
    My wife: "Only if I get to be Clint."

Quote Originally Posted by JoeWithoutFear View Post
    Question that I'm putting here simply because I don't know where else to put it... (mods, feel free to move this post if it fits better somewhere else!)

So, this book had the option of "click here for comments" and its own thread. But, say, Black Knight #5 does not have that option. What determines whether or not a comic preview is granted its own accompanying discussion thread?
    I think sometimes they just forget, or think it won't have any comments? The Agents of SHIELD book sometimes have a thread and sometimes it don't, so I guess is not exaclty that some books are just excluded.

Incredible Member JoeWithoutFear's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I think sometimes they just forget,
    hmmm, if that were the case, then they forget an awful lot! =P

or think it won't have any comments?
    Shouldn't that not really be up to them to decide? Isn't the whole point of a forum that the people dictate what they are interested in commenting on? Seems they should either provide it for all or none. Or at least have it based on some algorithm of clicks on the preview. *shrug*

The Agents of SHIELD book sometimes have a thread and sometimes it don't, so I guess is not exaclty that some books are just excluded.
    Right I've definitely experienced that too. Seems completely inconsistent. It's just puzzling and a little frustrating because sometimes I want to jump in and comment on something, and I expect that functionality, but it's not there. Sure, I could start my own thread, but it wouldn't have the built-in traffic of being linked to the preview.

Just seems like something CBR should think about improving! ^_^
    Me: "Wanna be Hawkeye and Hawkeye next Halloween?"
    My wife: "Only if I get to be Clint."

Quote Originally Posted by JoeWithoutFear View Post
    hmmm, if that were the case, then they forget an awful lot! =P

Shouldn't that not really be up to them to decide? Isn't the whole point of a forum that the people dictate what they are interested in commenting on? Seems they should either provide it for all or none. Or at least have it based on some algorithm of clicks on the preview. *shrug*

Right I've definitely experienced that too. Seems completely inconsistent. It's just puzzling and a little frustrating because sometimes I want to jump in and comment on something, and I expect that functionality, but it's not there. Sure, I could start my own thread, but it wouldn't have the built-in traffic of being linked to the preview.

Just seems like something CBR should think about improving! ^_^
    I noticed that and am botheres by that too. Even some reviews don't get their own thread sometimes. It's quite silly.
    "This is me being reasonable"

We the nerdy did an advanced review and gave it a 9. Not bad out of the gate.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Wow, the art looks a lot better than it did in the unlettered preview. Might pick this up.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    BECAUSE YOU DEMANDED IT! Now in her own ongoing series!
    Bobbi Morse is Mockingbird, S.H.I.E.L.D.'s most versatile, most in-demand agent!
    But a string of missions gone wrong indicate that something strange is lurking within S.H.I.E.L.D.'s own medical and recovery network. How far will Mockingbird have to go in order to solve this puzzle box and get to the truth? Bestselling author Chelsea Cain teams with newcomer Kate Niemczyk.

Full article here.
    I see what you did there CBR! LOL!

The old YOU DEMANDED IT....when really it caught us all by surprise cause no one was...#1 tag line.

I'm going to give it a shot, buy at least issue #1, maybe 2 and I hope it's not going to play as a comedic title and those preview pages are just there for levity. That the title is going to be more action and dramatically focused.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I see what you did there CBR! LOL!

The old YOU DEMANDED IT....when really it caught us all by surprise cause no one was...#1 tag line.

I'm going to give it a shot, buy at least issue #1, maybe 2 and I hope it's not going to play as a comedic title and those preview pages are just there for levity. That the title is going to be more action and dramatically focused.
    Nah, the reason it caught most of us by surprise was because we're so used to Marvel treating Bobbi terribly in the comics that we didn't think that they'd actually ever give her an ongoing, even when the one-shot went to a second printing. We were asking for long enough...

I can definitely say I demanded it... via Twitter, specifically.

This opening issue does have quite a bit of the comedy... but it's definitely an edgier/more adult humor than what you're seeing in some of the other 'funny' books. The opening issue is definitely a set-up piece - putting all of the pieces in play so that the action can explode next issue.