Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default Feel too old for Disney movies

I just watched Zootopia by myself and really enjoyed it. The characters were interesting and the plot? Wow, I knew there'd be twists, but they really did a good job. I took one look around and noticed it was all older parents with kids and they all laughed and giggle with the fart jokes and whatever. Made me feel kind of depressed being in there watching it.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

If you enjoyed the movie, you enjoyed the movie. You don't have to enjoy the same parts, or enjoy it in the same way as other people, even those younger and older than you.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Incredible Member

Psh. I, an adult, bearded man, saw Frozen in theaters by myself. The place was filled with little girls. Do you, man. Anyone that mocks you for enjoying what you enjoy is a sad person who probably had someone crap on what they used to enjoy.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

I never see movies on opening weekend, and I seldom pay attention to other people anyway unless they annoy me, so I don't often compare myself with the rest of the audience. Disney and Pixar animated movies have always been designed to please adults as well as children. Just from the past couple years, Frozen and Inside Out have made my list of all-time favorite movies. I'm sure I'll see Zootopia too.

... I made my roommate take me out to go see Frozen for my birthday back when it came out.

I have no regrets.

Nothing wrong with that, I put Hunchback of notre dame,Lion King, and A Goofy movie on for my son all the time. I pretend its for him but in reality i love those movies.

BANNED

You need to be comfortable with your interests. So you like Disney movies. So what? I personally don't give a flying F#@& what people think about my choices in entertainment. I like what I like and they like what they like. Thank goodness we have enough choices to satisfy all our interests.

I was the only 30 something at the Deadpool movie, between all Highschoolers and Moms who brought their kids. So you taking yourself to see a movie that interest you, and enjoying it, no big deal.

Nothing to be ashamed of. Disney is one of biggest entertainment companies on the planet. Logic dictates that their stuff appeals to a lot of people. If you are one of them then stand by that.
    You are who you are and you like what you like. If somebody has a problem with that give them the finger and move on. When I was younger I was ashamed too to appear "nerdy" to other people but guess what? That's what I am and I make no secret of that anymore.
    "This is me being reasonable"

I'm not crazy about Disney's recent output (the trailer for Zootopia I saw with The Force Awakens, with that extended sloth sequence, was a dull thud with me) but I never feel too old for their classics. I grew up with many of them on VHS in the '80s, so I always get a warm feeling of nostalgia when I watch them. Plus, I prefer the traditional hand-drawn animation, and feel they were more subtle in presentation and not as "loud-in-your-face" as today's animated movies. I could sit down and watch Alice in Wonderland, Cinderella, Robin Hood, Pinocchio, etc. any day of the week, but you'd have a helluva time getting me to rewatch Frozen or Tangled.
    My Blog | Tumblr
    * Original Join Date: September 2010

^Eh, I hope it's because you feel you're simply too old for current Disney movies, instead of deliberately disliking just because "It's not what I grew up with".

Disney is one of the WORST topics to talk about when it comes to nostalgia, especially when it comes to the 55 Animated Canon movies.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AstroWolfboy View Post
    I was the only 30 something at the Deadpool movie, between all Highschoolers and Moms who brought their kids. So you taking yourself to see a movie that interest you, and enjoying it, no big deal.
    theses moms sneaked their kids into the cinema? thats horrible.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nightrider View Post
    Don't tell me you're shocked about that. Theater chains are all about selling tickets, despite the ratings system, they don't care who they sell tickets to.

Meanwhile, the only Disney movie I've ever seen was Fantasia, and that was a long time ago.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

BANNED

Sure, if the moms snuck their kids into the theater without paying (which wasn't what was said btw), that's fairly bad.

But if a mother (or father) has no problem letting their children see R-rated films? What's the harm in that?

My mother took me to vaaaarious R-rated films (rated as such due to language, nudity, and/or violence) in the theater, and allowed me to watch many, many more at home. The only movie she ever made me close my eyes for was Bram Stoker's Dracula (the Keanu Reeves one); the scene where it's all t***ies and whatnot. Never really was sure why that one bothered her to let me see...

Anyways, I don't go around causing all sorts of violence and mayhem. I do consider myself to have a fairly morbid sense of humor, though, so...

Im sure the people hes talking about paid for there kids. If you mean cause Deadpool rated R that dont matter as long as an adults there.