Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    I don't know if they can put much of a new spin on it.
    This time everyone will wear nifty hats.

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    Brand deal.

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

How could teen Jean use the Phoenix force she has not been trained by the Avengers yet or given her Kung Fu dragon? lol

I wonder if Jean will be the new Hope Summers like Hope was the low rent Jean.

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    Well that would be an excuse for the X-Men to be involved, by force which is rather appropriate. They did already address this in the Trial of Jean Grey arc so I don't know if they can put much of a new spin on it.
    You don't need an excuse or a reason to use the Phoenix Force. I mean after all these years that has certainly been established. If you need a deus ex machina the firebird is there to help with that. The end.
    "This is me being reasonable"

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

*sigh* I was wanting to stay away from this crossover, but it looks more and more like they're gonna jam the X-Men in it, so I guess I'll at least have to give it a shot. It can't be worse than the first CW, can it?

On Jean, I'm ready for the O5 to go home and for the adult Jean to come back. It just seems like the O5 plotline has to hit a wall at some point: you either send them home or say that they're from an alternate universe past. They simply can't stay in the present for the duration without massive retcons justifying why their future selves don't remember anything that happened to their younger selves. But that's all an aside.

Back to this event, the premise sounds a little...dumb? I mean, there've been precogs in the MU for years, so why is this one the one that they decide they want to try and mine for intelligence? Other than the fact that he/she's an Inhuman, and Marvel's gotta keep tapping that well to make them more popular/central to the MU (and I say that as a big Inhumans fan). I just really hope there's more to the conflict than that because that simply doesn't seem like enough to warrant going to war.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

THE PHOENIX!?! I AM EXCITE!!!@!

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    The Phoenix is probably just being used because it looks cool and everyone relates it to Jean. But I would laugh so much if CW II ended with a Phoenix Ex Machina plot.
    90% chance it ends with Miles Morales bug zapping someone.
    Game Over man! Game Over!

Spectacular Member Galen Nycroft's Avatar

I want the real Jean back. I hope the Phoenix Force comes back and burns "Teen Grey" to cinders and re-animates the real Jean.

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    You don't need an excuse or a reason to use the Phoenix Force. I mean after all these years that has certainly been established. If you need a deus ex machina the firebird is there to help with that. The end.
    With this Minority Report setup you don't even need to actually use the Phoenix at all; same as the Trial arc. It's Marvel predicting their own What Ifs?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    Let's Make Phoenix Great Again

BANNED

Since it's Marvel they'll probably forget Jean ever had the Phoenix and the other heroes, plus dumb ass Beast will be all "Only Cyclops has ever been able to wield the Phoenix Force!" Then Captain Marvel will have to steal it from TeenJeen and they'll imply she's had it all along and that's how she was Binary.

sorry but i think it's REALLY inappropriate for marvel to have a teenage girl sucking on her thumb in that way. especially when the original story of dark phoenix was a metaphor for sexual awakening and corruption

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    sorry but i think it's REALLY inappropriate for marvel to have a teenage girl sucking on her thumb in that way. especially when the original story of dark phoenix was a metaphor for sexual awakening and corruption
    Sucking on her thumb that way? I assumed she had just crapped her pants.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phoenix View Post
    How could teen Jean use the Phoenix force she has not been trained by the Avengers yet or given her Kung Fu dragon? lol

I wonder if Jean will be the new Hope Summers like Hope was the low rent Jean.
    I want a Kung fu dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    I wouldn't mind if the real Jean came back.
    I feel the same. It would be preferable to Faux (Teen) Jean running around.
    Bronze Age baby.
    OGG - Original Grim 'n Gritty

Punchedugly.com

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    Blame Lemire for turning her into OML's Lolita.