Super Moderator

Default Producer Charles Roven Says "Suicide Squad" Will Be Rated PG-13

Roven reassures audiences that the movie will still have "the edge that it needs" without an R.

Full article here.

Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

You can still have a lot of edge in a PG13 movie especially where violence is concerned. Here in the US it's only healthy, robust sexualty that sends people into fits

Plus I'm guessing there's more of a budget to this than Deadpool.

Amazing Member

I can understand their reasoning, specifically because Harley is so popular, and PG-13 (typically) means a bigger box office. However, with a name like Suicide Squad, and the comics they're based on, this film could have done with some Kill Bill style violence. Just another layer of dark comedy to push it over the top.

BANNED

DC has never published a Suicide Squad comic with R-rated content, so there's no reason for a movie based on the comics to be R-rated.

Seeing it no matter what, Been a fan of Suicide Squad and Harley Quinn for many years and to see it come to screen , and a PG-13 rating isnt going to keep me away . Theres been edgier PG-13 movies with more action and excitement then R movies. Even some PG-13 Horror can be scarier then Rated R Horror.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

DC's animated SS movie got a PG-13 and that movie was fine, we had violence up the wazoo, foul language and even a sex scene to top it off.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.