Default Proffesor X is DEAD!!!! Again...

So, I was thinking about this the other day, and now I'm curious.

How many times now has the good professor been killed... or assumed Dead by the world and his students at large??

I had a lot of issues in the past, where X-factor commented that he was dead... and I remember he was presumed dead back in the original run...

As an added bonus... How many times has he gained/lost the use of his legs?

It just occurred to me that despite being 'comic-land' and EVERYONE coming back from the dead... that MAYBE this whole "Cyclops killed him!!!!" is a BIT Overstated. I would imagine that most of the people A) wouldn't believe he's REALLY dead... or B) Would expect him to have cheated death somehow and come back.

I suspect professor X is really a lich. so he can't really die.

Deadly Bee Weapon coveredinbees's Avatar

He pretended to die, but it was really Changeling. A Brood Queen took over his body. He got a new one body with working legs. The Shadow King shattered his spine. Stryfe tried to kill him, but he healed his legs for a minute. Cassandra Nova took over his body and Emma snapped his neck. Xorn repaired his body, including his legs. Xorn took his legs away. Xavier left for a little bit. Then everyone thought he died in M-Day. Then Bishop shot him and again everyone thought he died. Then he really died.

Maybe he'll take over the Red Skull's body from the brain down.

There was also the time he was teaching at a local college. Some of his students found out he was a mutant & nearly beat him to death. The Morlock healer pretty much put him back together, but he was still not in good shape. Overuse of his power led to him starting to die. Lilandra showed up at the last minute & took him back to her ship so he could be saved with Advanced Shi'ar Medicine. And then she didn't bring him back. It turned out there was a good reason, but the X-Men didn't know that & thought that Chuck was dead. Again. (Until the New Mutants happened to encounter him. But that's another story. )
    A house is not a home without books or cats.

yeah he's gotta be the most often assumed dead character of all in the x-verse

If you really want a kick in the head, think about the number of times he's been able to walk, and then crippled, and then back again.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Anyone ever read an interview or something with a writer explaining WHY they keep taking him out of the chair?

I mean... I can understand why they keep putting him back IN it... That's the iconic X-men #1 Prof X look. It's also a superhero with disability, and there are very few of those... But who in their right mind thinks that A) he needs legs to be 'interesting' or B) it's new and exciting??

I thought it was interesting to get him healed up back in back in the day with Secret Wars and whatever... but when Shadow King crushed him and put him BACK in the chair... he had his second chance. Let's get over the Yo-Yo routine.

I was pretty amazed when I saw him walking after House of M and back in his tank chair during Astonishings 'danger' run... then walking again during AvX.... It's just ridiculous.

They have this huge 'Last Will' storyline coming up.... I wonder how many times his will has been read

BANNED

Yep it's the same old same old thing all the time. Nobody can go beyond CC's monumental work. He's covered everything.