Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

I guess my vote goes to The Death and Return of Superman.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Yeah, I would have to say that one by default. It's not really a bad game, just a little bland.

All-New Member

^Thirded, though Lego Batman is the best Superman experience playable to date, imho.

Superman's a tough character, he's not like most video game characters. I think Telltale could do a great job with him, but to get that open world feel people want deep down, you really gotta pump up the tech to have that destructible environment.

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

SO recently, I came across a New 52 Justice League mini-console with character plug-ins, it's okay overall with the various characters, plays similar to the old-school X-Men video games for SNES and Genesis, where you have different characters with different move lists, and to play as a character, you plug the character's action figure into the console. Kind of wierd, but the Superman play is okay. Still think Lego Batman 2 and 3 to me are the best though for playing as Superman.

Omnes Viae Ad Infernum 666MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
    The legendary Fortress Of Solitude, the strangest place on earth

Superman Returns had some interesting concepts, but the execution was not the best in some aspects. Not a bad game, really. It just could have been better. Perhaps the disc space had something to do with it, don't know.

Also, Death and Return Of Superman for SNES was good. Not great. Same goes for the Man Of Steel.

So, can we talk about the ideal Superman game here or should we open a new thread?

EDIT: also remember playing the Sega Genesis game. Not bad either.

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 666MasterOfPuppets View Post
    Superman Returns had some interesting concepts, but the execution was not the best in some aspects. Not a bad game, really. It just could have been better. Perhaps the disc space had something to do with it, don't know.

Also, Death and Return Of Superman for SNES was good. Not great. Same goes for the Man Of Steel.

So, can we talk about the ideal Superman game here or should we open a new thread?

EDIT: also remember playing the Sega Genesis game. Not bad either.
    How about start a new thread about making a good Superman video game, that might be a good start...

Here's the new thread...

http://community.comicbookresources....45#post1955545
    Last edited by DieHard200904; 04-20-2016 at 06:11 PM.