Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default "Young Justice's" McKellar Urges Fans to 'Keep Binging YJ' in Hopes of a Third Season

Danica McKellar released a video promoting the #KeepBingingYJ hashtag in hopes that renewed interest in "Young Justice" will result in a new season.

Full article here.

Spectacular Member

this is my all-time favorite animated comic series. loved the season-long story arcs and inclusion of so many diverse characters. they should have included the more recent petition instead of linking to a dead one. https://www.change.org/p/warner-brot...stice-season-3

BANNED

i really believe we can get a season 3 there is a huge fanbase that can't be ignored or people will still go in promoting a chance to have a season 3.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Bring it back #Season3

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Look, if CN doesn't want to do it, let Netflix pick it up! They save cancelled shows all the time. CN has made it pretty clear they have no interest in doing "mature" shows. They really kind of screwed the pooch on this one.

BANNED

YESSSSSSSSSSS YTEse{lfdjkojgfwqepgtjpfdak'gewohp]agewjKSPFkASMDGNLKDAFMGK'MDFAHKDFZMCXKPYTGMNFLKP!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!

(Ahem please bring this show back)

Ultimate Member

What's the legal situation with Young Justice? Would Netflix be able to just step in and do another season?

Amazing Member

Honest question: Is there anything different going on now with this than the last time a petition to bring it back went around?

There's been a couple of quotes from people involved with the show, but I haven't seen anything beyond that that indicates there really is a chance to bring YJ back for a 3rd season.

I actually liked Teen Titans more and hated the open ending for that one. Still doubt this comes back but would be nice if it did.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    What's the legal situation with Young Justice? Would Netflix be able to just step in and do another season?
    Warner Bros. owns the rights and Netflix would have to commission WB for new episodes. It's a bit difficult right now since WB is focusing more on Hulu, but it's not impossible either. Jason Spisak hinted that the twitter campaign might be working and that this weekend would be critical in terms of views and data.

Quote Originally Posted by dei1c3 View Post
    Honest question: Is there anything different going on now with this than the last time a petition to bring it back went around?
    Netflix is a very direct way to obtain ratings and viewer information. They don't have to deal with cable politics and it's very easy to access. Unlike failed petitions or unapproved fundraisers, the show is there officially and the viewer data and demands actually count.

There's always a possibility that the Netflix execs won't care or that WB stubbornly refuses to do anything with the rights. But this is the absolute best shot the show has to getting renewed.
    My blog. Latest entry: November 5th, 2022

Astonishing Member

please god dammit, bring yj back.

I love that the voice actors are pushing for another season. I like that fans are making a concerted effort to continue a show that ended way too soon for reasons that were never made clear. That said, I don't think it's going to happen. DC, for reasons I still don't understand, has been terrible with it's animated shows, even though they've been great with their animated movies. They don't seem to put much effort behind anything that isn't a cartoony craptastic version of Teen Titans. And that lack of effort says to me that they don't care what fans say. They've already made up their minds and there's no changing it.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dei1c3 View Post

There's been a couple of quotes from people involved with the show, but I haven't seen anything beyond that that indicates there really is a chance to bring YJ back for a 3rd season.
    Honest answer: not a thing. Like most internet "Save the Show" drives, it's mostly wishful thinking.

BANNED

one of the shows producers is allegedly trying to get the ok from WB to let them shop a third season

but that is conjecture

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I love that the voice actors are pushing for another season. I like that fans are making a concerted effort to continue a show that ended way too soon for reasons that were never made clear. That said, I don't think it's going to happen. DC, for reasons I still don't understand, has been terrible with it's animated shows, even though they've been great with their animated movies. They don't seem to put much effort behind anything that isn't a cartoony craptastic version of Teen Titans. And that lack of effort says to me that they don't care what fans say. They've already made up their minds and there's no changing it.
    From what I understand, the show's cancellation was more on CN end than DC's. I'm sure DC would love more material on TV but their relationship with CN is kind of tenuous at best. And the reason it was cancelled was made pretty clear, the toys didn't sell. Of course they were also virtually impossible to find and weren't made very well.