Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr`Orange View Post
    Overrated:
    Underwater Welder - really didn't get the hype over this book.
    Batman Incorporated - Currently reading this and not enjoying it at all.

Underrated:
    The Killer -Amazing book and really flew under the radar.
    Moriarty - Daniel Corey
    Deathlok - Joe Casey
    100% agree on the Underwater Welder and the Killer. The latter is a storytelling masterclass.

Overrated:
    Underwater Welder - really didn't get the hype over this book.
    Batman Incorporated - Currently reading this and not enjoying it at all.

Underrated:
    The Killer -Amazing book and really flew under the radar.
    Moriarty - Daniel Corey
    Deathlok - Joe Casey
    have you read all of Morrison's Batman before INC?

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I think LoEG is actually underrated and gets a bad rep because of the movie. V and Watchmen are well known even for non readers and casual fans can usually at least remember he did a famous Swamp thing run but I mostly get blank stares when I mention LoEG.
    It is critically acclaimed and well known among fans but wouldn't call it overrated.
    Also, it is one of the best things ever created and you are wrong
    His Swamp Thing is amazing, but the first LOEG series was an okay read, but the part II and beyond I hated. With the exception of the art work Kevin O'Neill is brilliant, the art was what sold me on the omnibus. I figured it would be at least a decent read, but could not even finish the second book. Thankfully I got the omnibus extremely discounted from my LCS.

have you read all of Morrison's Batman before INC?
    Nope, only read this one book as I was told it was a good stand alone story. I know the general set up and status quo it's just the execution of the story I'm not enjoying.

Quote Originally Posted by jadekite22 View Post
    100% agree on the Underwater Welder and the Killer. The latter is a storytelling masterclass.
    I think that Underwater Welder appeals to the Her and Lost in Translation crowd.

I'm really annoyed with my Killer collection as I have one omnibus and two hardcovers. It is so annoying!

Nope, only read this one book as I was told it was a good stand alone story. I know the general set up and status quo it's just the execution of the story I'm not enjoying.
    I think it works better if you've read the rest but if you are not enjoying this at all then don't even bother, Morrison is not for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    His Swamp Thing is amazing, but the first LOEG series was an okay read, but the part II and beyond I hated. With the exception of the art work Kevin O'Neill is brilliant, the art was what sold me on the omnibus. I figured it would be at least a decent read, but could not even finish the second book. Thankfully I got the omnibus extremely discounted from my LCS.
    ugh...harsh words
    the second book is probably my favourite Well, each to his own obviously, it's just weird reading that someone considers one of my favourite books as steaming pile of garbage.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Overrated:
    Dini's Detective run...has some GREAT stories like Slayride and the Facade story, but many just kinda suck or really underwhelm, didn't like his new Ventriloquist either, I've always hated Harley
    Hickman FF
    Dan Slott Spider-Man
    Astonishing X-Men By Joss Whedon & John Cassaday Omnibus

Underrated:
    Absolute Batman Incorporated...just amazing colorful superspy fun
    Punisher Year One
    Gothic by Morrison
    Morrison's New X-Men Omnibus (underrated by many X-Men fans)
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Overrated:
    Dini's Detective run...has some GREAT stories like Slayride and the Facade story, but many just kinda suck or really underwhelm, didn't like his new Ventriloquist either, I've always hated Harley
    Hickman FF
    Dan Slott Spider-Man
    Astonishing X-Men By Joss Whedon & John Cassaday Omnibus

Underrated:
    Absolute Batman Incorporated...just amazing colorful superspy fun
    Punisher Year One
    Gothic by Morrison
    Morrison's New X-Men Omnibus (underrated by many X-Men fans)
    Ironic. I'm listening to Paul Dini on smodcast right now.

Only comic book by Hickman that I enjoyed was Secret Warriors. I liked first two issues of Manhattan Projects, but fell off for whatever reason. Everything else I tried of his I couldn't even finish, like Nightly News for example.

Punisher year one by abnett and lanning? absolutely love that one

ugh...harsh words
    the second book is probably my favourite Well, each to his own obviously, it's just weird reading that someone considers one of my favourite books as steaming pile of garbage.
    I would not go as far as to call it a steaming pile of garbage that is reserved for books like Countdown and Cry for Justice. I have been meaning to give it another go, it was at the tail end of reading a lot of Moore's work so was kinda burnt out on him.

Well, since I was just complaining about it in another thread here is one:
    anything by Scott Snyder
    pretentious and boring, all the reveals fall flat and disappoint. So far that's true for me for anything he wrote. N52 Batman the prime example, just hate that run. The Wake started okay then the halfway turn just ruined it. Gave Wytches an issue, couldn't care less. Black Mirror was okay, still, gonna give my copy away for someone who will appreciate it a lot more.
    Other that Snyder's work I think I can make my peace with almost anything that is critically acclaimed or a fan favourite, even with the NOW Deadpool. People love it but I just can't stand it. But it's a humour book and probably it's just not my kind of humour.
    Still on the fence about Gillen's Young avengers.

Underrated:
    -Atomic Robo. It pains me that most of the population of Earth just doesn't know how badly they need it in their life
    -Tarpe Mills' Miss Fury Sunday strips: such an important series. First female hero from a female creator, really good characters and even the villains are 3dimensional.
    Nazi villains! In the 40's! 3D!
    And it's really engaging and entertaining.
    The art is good, obviously not a Prince Valiant level but it's good and people should talk about it. For me Miss Fury > Golden Age Wonder Woman (which doesn't mean WW is bad)

Underrated:
    -Atomic Robo. It pains me that most of the population of Earth just doesn't know how badly they need it in their life
    Anything in HC?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Anything in HC?
    Nope, they did a kickstarter for HC versions but the european shipping was heinously expensive (more than doubled the cost of the books). You can get pretty cheap single volume paperbacks or IDW have been churning out 3-in-1's volume one and volume two.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Anything in HC?
    yeah, as drd wrote. But I remember there were non kickstarter hc-s promised in a podcast, I've even posted the things in one of the threads, but can't remember exactly what Clevinger said.
    Still, the 3 in one tpb-s are good quality, although I think the best decision with Robo would be some cheap paperback like the chunky DC ones for a tenner so people can pick them up without too much hesitation and give them to their kids to read them over and over again.

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    Nope, they did a kickstarter for HC versions but the european shipping was heinously expensive (more than doubled the cost of the books). You can get pretty cheap single volume paperbacks or IDW have been churning out 3-in-1's volume one and volume two.
    yeah, as drd wrote. But I remember there were non kickstarter hc-s promised in a podcast, I've even posted the things in one of the threads, but can't remember exactly what Clevinger said.
    Still, the 3 in one tpb-s are good quality, although I think the best decision with Robo would be some cheap paperback like the chunky DC ones for a tenner so people can pick them up without too much hesitation and give them to their kids to read them over and over again.
    Cheers, as I have been expanding my comic horizon lately I may give them ago, you can get the 1st volume off speedyhen from around £17