Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I think Ross was my main problem. Everything to do with him irritated the hell out of me. Dialogue, plot, character, look...everything. And since he was our pov it just ruined the whole book for me.
    I'm honestly sad I didn't like this book because generally I like BP and literally EVERYONE loves this run and I wanted to jump on the hypetrain but went under the wheels instead.
    But I think Ross is meant to be a little unlikable, the arrogant white man that thinks he knows the world and finds out he is so out of his depth.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr`Orange View Post
    But I think Ross is meant to be a little unlikable, the arrogant white man that thinks he knows the world and finds out he is so out of his depth.
    little unlikable is fine but for me he was just unbearable. And I got the arrogant white an aspect of him but (again, for me, personally) it just didn't work, the tone was off and forced and sometimes he had a gigantic forehead on top of all this.

little unlikable is fine but for me he was just unbearable. And I got the arrogant white an aspect of him but (again, for me, personally) it just didn't work, the tone was off and forced and sometimes he had a gigantic forehead on top of all this.
    You mean a fivehead.

Yeah it was a little exaggerated but then that was part of the first story, how everything was an exaggerated version of what is expected. From Black Panther / T'Challa to the guy being chased across the desert and setting up shop in the "hood". But end of the day we like what we like and things tickle us in different ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr`Orange View Post
    You mean a fivehead.

Yeah it was a little exaggerated but then that was part of the first story, how everything was an exaggerated version of what is expected. From Black Panther / T'Challa to the guy being chased across the desert and setting up shop in the "hood". But end of the day we like what we like and things tickle us in different ways.
    true and I'm not trying to convince you since I get your points but these just tickled me the wrong way.
    Oh and just remembered, the villain in Wakanda, the reverend guy... what the hell was his deal? He was just soooo over the top, satirically ehehehevil, like a joke 2000AD villain dropped into a Marvel book. Every time I looked at him it took me out of the story he was so cartoonish.

true and I'm not trying to convince you since I get your points but these just tickled me the wrong way.
    Oh and just remembered, the villain in Wakanda, the reverend guy... what the hell was his deal? He was just soooo over the top, satirically ehehehevil, like a joke 2000AD villain dropped into a Marvel book. Every time I looked at him it took me out of the story he was so cartoonish.
    Yeah he was deliberately so.

The only thing I didn't like was the ending of the first year's story with the "toys" it is the same reason I don't like the ending of Watchmen; a fantasticly realistic story with a stupidly unrealistic ending.

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

The Black Panther series, I'm still in but it starts off with a post Pulp Fiction vibe. A ton of stuff in the late 90s couldn't help but have that tone.

Underrated book: Showcase presents Jonah Hex. He's a tough character to defend. Former Apache slave/confederate soldier bounty hunter. That's not real woke so to speak. Still Clint Eastwood's man with no name, but he talks more. All of it worth reading. I've read the Palmiotti Gray stuff and they are real faithful to the tone of these old books. Even look good in Black and White. Great writers, great art.