View Poll Results: Which Origin For Wonder Woman Do You Like Most?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Made From Clay, Given Life By The Olympians

41 56.94%
  • The Hippolyta & Zeus Relationship

20 27.78%
  • I Like Both Equally

7 9.72%
  • Other(Please Specify)

4 5.56%
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Default Which Origin For Wonder Woman Do You Like Most?

Over the decades, Diana has had 2 long-lasting origins: the clay origin and the Hippolyta/Zeus relationship origin. Which of these do you like best?

I, personally, prefer the clay origin as I find it to be more original and I think it sends a much stronger message of feminism.
    Last edited by Dr. Poison; 03-05-2016 at 02:00 PM.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

I prefer the clay origin for its uniqueness.

Amazing Member

What does "Here" means? You mean Hippolyta right? Please fix this!

Regarding the issue I definitely prefer Hippolyta & Zeus since this makes her a living being on her own and not something that can be turn to clay whenever the "gods" wish! Really the clay origin doesn't do any good to a legendary character like her since it makes her something like a "thing/tool" instead of a godly living being!

Mighty Member

perfer the clay origin but i dont think she NEEDS to be brought to life by the gods
    Last edited by Lex Luthor; 03-05-2016 at 02:49 PM.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kochtgr View Post
    What does "Here" means? You mean Hippolyta right? Please fix this!

Regarding the issue I definitely prefer Hippolyta & Zeus since this makes her a living being on her own and not something that can be turn to clay whenever the "gods" wish! Really the clay origin doesn't do any good to a legendary character like her since it makes her something like a "thing/tool" instead of a godly living being!

Darn autocorrect. Moderators - can you please change the 2nd option in the poll to "The Hippolyta & Zeus Relationship"?
    Last edited by Dr. Poison; 03-05-2016 at 02:01 PM.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

i like the concept of "daughter of Hippolyta"

i dont care if the male progenitor is Zeus or whoever else, but i dont see removing man from the life equation as trully feminist in this day and age, it was perfect for the 40ies till late 70ies, by then women conquered many spaces in society in which they were abruptally excluded. so the thing now is to coherently make the integration by ending the remains of gender roles and seeing both men/women as just persons.

ww can very well defend both and fight trully for freedom and equality instead of being coerced to "choose sides"

Fantastic Member

I prefer the Zeus + Hippolyta origin. I wouldnt say her father needs to be Zeus but I just like her being an actual living character instead of a clay construct.
    DC: Action Comics, Batman, Batman/Superman, Batman and Robin, Batman Off World, Detective Comics, Flash, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, JG: Flash, JL vs. Godzilla, JSA, Nightwing, Shazam, Superman, Titans, Beast World

Marvel: Amazing Spider-Man, Fall of the House of X, Fantastic Four, Resurrection of Magneto, Spectacular Spider-Men, Ultimate Spider-Man, WolverineL Madripoor Knights, X-Men

Clay. And no it doesn't make her a construct or any less alive than anyone else.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrewHLMW View Post
    I prefer the Zeus + Hippolyta origin. I wouldnt say her father needs to be Zeus but I just like her being an actual living character instead of a clay construct.
    She's always been a living character and never just a clay construct or a construct at all

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agniwolf View Post
    i like the concept of "daughter of Hippolyta"

i dont care if the male progenitor is Zeus or whoever else, but i dont see removing man from the life equation as trully feminist in this day and age, it was perfect for the 40ies till late 70ies, by then women conquered many spaces in society in which they were abruptally excluded. so the thing now is to coherently make the integration by ending the remains of gender roles and seeing both men/women as just persons.

ww can very well defend both and fight trully for freedom and equality instead of being coerced to "choose sides"
    clay origin is very well versed on modern feminism. it fits very well with "men shouldn't be everywhere and not everything is about men" that many women say today. so no men on wonder owman conception fits very well with modern feminism.

clay origin is for women, it is a beautiful story of motherhood. while the zeus and hipollyta doesn't even make sense and only serve to show how weak Hipolyta is.

clay origin for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tayswift View Post
    clay origin is very well versed on modern feminism. it fits very well with "men shouldn't be everywhere and not everything is about men" that many women say today. so no men on wonder owman conception fits very well with modern feminism.

clay origin is for women, it is a beautiful story of motherhood. while the zeus and hipollyta doesn't even make sense and only serve to show how weak Hipolyta is.

clay origin for me.
    "not everything is about men", i can totally agree with that

"men shoudnt be everywere", for me, is the same as the apartheid where the colored should not go where the whites can go, it promotes exclusion which is something feminism fights ardently against

again im talking about a progenitor, not a father

Mighty Member

"not everything is about men", i can totally agree with that

"men shoudnt be everywere", for me, is the same as the apartheid where the colored should not go where the whites can go, it promotes exclusion which is something feminism fights ardently against

again im talking about a progenitor, not a father
    You can't compare apartheid to women empowerment tho, its not the same dynamic. No one is saying women empowerment and detailed relationships with women should exist to the detriment of men simply that they should exist and wonder woman was meant to showcase this type of message in the purest and most refreshing way possible

And the thing is this doesn't even promote "equality", even if I don't think that's the angle the character should be taken in, since Zeus is the person that gives her the power while hippolyta was an incompotent mother and leader within this narrative so its not equal at all since hippolyta doesn't even contribute to her power
    Last edited by Lex Luthor; 03-05-2016 at 04:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by willienotwilliam View Post
    You can't compare apartheid to women empowerment tho, its not the same dynamic. No one is saying women empowerment and detailed relationships with women should exist to the detriment of men simply that they should exist and wonder woman was meant to showcase this type of message in the purest and most refreshing way possible
    this is what i meant when i agreed with the "not everything is about men"

my problem is only and exclusively with the exclusion of them in the equation of life. im not even saying the guy should have whatever influence in her life. i will edit this post later the explain my argument in more detail

so take for example the rome of the gladiator era "circus and bread"

there were cases when a family needed a heir, but they only had a daughter to inherit their whealth, by marriage this whealt would pass to the husband. the solution? go to the arena, see whoever is the champion of that series and buy him to impregnate the daughter so thatn not only they had a legitimate heir, but also someone which champion genes would be bought within the family (genetics by philosophy is really old, but the science is recent)

so imagine hippolyta, after a long time ruling had the desire to have a daughter, she would come to mens world and search for a "worthy men" (kinda like byfrost sugested, but a little diferent)

lets say she would go see the olimpics and there she saw an golden medalist that fit her tastes in appearance, height and strenght, she would seduce him and by the morning would go back to themyscera. so we get a wonder woman that had no male influence whatsoever
    Last edited by Agniwolf; 03-05-2016 at 05:30 PM.

One I've never seen:

Hippolyta is sent by the goddesses on a solo mission to Man's World. While there, she has a brief but loving affair with a human man. He is an interesting, decent person, but not wildly exceptional or a deity. (Let's say: former soldier. Missing an arm. Runs a homeless shelter.)

When she returns to Themyscira, she's pregnant. When Diana is born, the goddesses grant the infant their blessings. (Maybe this is something they had in mind all along. Maybe not.)

By the time Diana sojourns to Man's World and becomes Wonder Woman, her father has died. But she has a few human relatives. (They can help connect her to the human world.)
    Doctor Bifrost

"If Roy G. Bivolo had seen some B&W pencil sketches, his whole life would have turned out differently." http://doctorbifrost.blogspot.com/

Mighty Member

this is what i meant when i agreed with the "not everything is about men"

my problem is only and exclusively with the exclusion of them in the equation of life. im not even saying the guy should have whatever influence in her life. i will edit this post later the explain my argument in more detail
    whats wrong with men not being involved in wonder woman's birth anyway?