Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    it may not be her fault that the bomb went off (though medusa tried to set the same bomb off herself in the past), but it's her responsibility to clean it up though. right now, she's not owning up to either

when synapse asked for her help to get rid of the gases, medusa rolled her eyes and used an army of inhumans to tell synapse she won't find help in attilan.

can you imagine if the head of an oil company said something like that after they polluted the earth's ocean and were killing off all the sea life??
    Can you explain how she "rolled her eyes and used an army of inhumans to tell synapse she won't find help in attilan."? All she said was that they weren't going to help her burn the terrigen out of the sky. They never threatened her. And this may be hard for you to comprehend, but there are those who take their religious beliefs very seriously, and they do consider terrigen sacred and it is the last of it. Taking terrigen away from them is like forcing mutants to take the cure to the x-gene.

Plus, your comparison is a fallacy as it does not adequately represent the situation. A better comparison would be if the last oil supply of the world was contaminating an environment and a company was finding a way to salvage it to keep the world stable while trying to save the animals and habitat.

Mighty Member

On a separate note, can we seriously stop with all of this us vs them mentality? Especially when it comes to the x-men? I swear, if I didn't actually read the books, you people would make me think the avengers and the inhumans were actively hunting the xmen so they could murder them and skull@&*% them on the graves of their ancestors...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by N'Dare View Post
    The only book that is plummeting in a huge way compared to their previous sales figures are ASM and Nova. The rest weren't such big sellers anyway but they still have good sales figures like ANAD Avengers, Thor, Old Man Logan, X-Team books and GOTG e.t.c
    ASM doing this badly is a very bad sign. It's the one title that Marvel is usually able to rely on to have solid numbers.
    Of the ones you mentioned; Thor was doing far better, and had far more stable numbers before the relaunch. Its lowest point was at 69k on #4, compare that to this series which is 56k at #4. Old Man Logan is only a couple of issues in, but yes it looks like it could do well. X-books seem to be doing fine altogether. GOTG is selling less 5 issues in than it was at the end of its previous run. Most books aren't stabilising.

The sad thing is that I'm actually quite happy with the quality of the books across the board, but Marvel have botched this by relaunching series that had barely started. There will be lots more events like Civil War to prop up these dwindling sales, and it'll allow writers less freedom to tell the stories they want to tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Danileriver23 View Post
    Can you explain how she "rolled her eyes and used an army of inhumans to tell synapse she won't find help in attilan."? All she said was that they weren't going to help her burn the terrigen out of the sky. They never threatened her. And this may be hard for you to comprehend, but there are those who take their religious beliefs very seriously, and they do consider terrigen sacred and it is the last of it. Taking terrigen away from them is like forcing mutants to take the cure to the x-gene..
    yeah, when medusa gets a whole army of unsmiling attilans to stand behind her when she says synapse won't get help in attilan, the message is pretty clear.

its also pretty clear that medusa is prioritizing her religious beliefs very seriously. in fact, she's prioritizing her religious beliefs over the lives of living beings on planet earth. so yeah, it's pretty easy to comprehend. in no setting is that ok. in every setting, that makes her best case scenario dangerous, and in worst case a monster.

removing terrigen is not the same as giving mutants the cure. they will continue to be inhuman with or without those terrigen. with the terrigen, mutants are being gassed to death.

also, this...

"Plus, your comparison is a fallacy as it does not adequately represent the situation. A better comparison would be if the last oil supply of the world was contaminating an environment and a company was finding a way to salvage it to keep the world stable while trying to save the animals and habitat.

absolutely not. in no scenario is terrigen "keeping the world stable" as its obviously killing off a natural species. it's a toxic poison that has polluted the atmosphere. the only group that deadly gas benefits is the inhumans.

once again, they are prioritizing their religious beliefs over the lives of mutants. every mutant grave from this point forward is on medusa's head.

On a separate note, can we seriously stop with all of this us vs them mentality? Especially when it comes to the x-men? I swear, if I didn't actually read the books, you people would make me think the avengers and the inhumans were actively hunting the xmen so they could murder them and skull@&*% them on the graves of their ancestors...
    Just read the February numbers thread in the X-forum if you want to get an idea of how the X-fans think. It's pretty disgusting that this open hatred towards another group is tolerated.

Mighty Member

yeah, when medusa gets a whole army of unsmiling attilans to stand behind her when she says synapse won't get help in attilan, the message is pretty clear.

its also pretty clear that medusa is prioritizing her religious beliefs very seriously. in fact, she's prioritizing her religious beliefs over the lives of living beings on planet earth. so yeah, it's pretty easy to comprehend. in no setting is that ok. in every setting, that makes her best case scenario dangerous, and in worst case a monster.

removing terrigen is not the same as giving mutants the cure. they will continue to be inhuman with or without those terrigen. with the terrigen, mutants are being gassed to death.

also, this...

"Plus, your comparison is a fallacy as it does not adequately represent the situation. A better comparison would be if the last oil supply of the world was contaminating an environment and a company was finding a way to salvage it to keep the world stable while trying to save the animals and habitat.

absolutely not. in no scenario is terrigen "keeping the world stable" as its obviously killing off a natural species. it's a toxic poison that has polluted the atmosphere. the only group that deadly gas benefits is the inhumans.

once again, they are prioritizing their religious beliefs over the lives of mutants. every mutant grave from this point forward is on medusa's head.
    Medusa words were something along the lines of "You won't find traction with that argument here" which would make sense. It would be like If you walked into a church, held up a bible, and said people need to get rid of it because it is killing people and causing wars. Just because they will disagree with yo doesn't mean they're threatening you. And I don't understand how keeping Terrigenesis from Inhumans and removing a mutants powers aren't the same. Wouldn't a mutant still be a mutant? I doubt cyclops would let anyone take away his powers.

And you're misunderstanding my analogy. When I said "the world" I didn't mean the actual world, I meant inhuman society. Not to mention, your entire argument is based upon the assumption that the inhumans know how to stop the cloud, which no one has provided a solution for yet except synapse which was essential burn it, but last I check she's not exactly a chemist.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Reloaded View Post
    Just read the February numbers thread in the X-forum if you want to get an idea of how the X-fans think. It's pretty disgusting that this open hatred towards another group is tolerated.
    I do my best to avoid the "Age of Apocalypse" forum. What bothers me most is that I really love the x-men, and I'm a big x-men fan, but sometimes these psycho fanatics (not referring to any one person) make me embarrassed to say so.

Medusa words were something along the lines of "You won't find traction with that argument here" which would make sense. It would be like If you walked into a church, held up a bible, and said people need to get rid of it because it is killing people and causing wars. Just because they will disagree with yo doesn't mean they're threatening you. And I don't understand how keeping Terrigenesis from Inhumans and removing a mutants powers aren't the same. Wouldn't a mutant still be a mutant? I doubt cyclops would let anyone take away his powers..
    listen, i hear what you're saying.

but you're really only furthering my point even more.

you comparing medusa et all to a bunch of religious zealots holding up their holy books while people fall dead around their feet isn't really helping your case imo

And you're misunderstanding my analogy. When I said "the world" I didn't mean the actual world, I meant inhuman society. Not to mention, your entire argument is based upon the assumption that the inhumans know how to stop the cloud, which no one has provided a solution for yet except synapse which was essential burn it, but last I check she's not exactly a chemist.
    she may not be a chemist, but she's got plenty of them. last i checked, she recruited beast. not to rid the pollution, but to find a way for mutants to tolerate the pollution...
    Last edited by AcesX1X; 03-07-2016 at 05:37 PM.

Considering that the Extraordinary X-Men are apparently willing to work with the Inhumans, at least for now the "us vs them" aspect of it is fairly minimal. They're doing what heroes SHOULD do and working together rather than fighting each other.

Obviously Magneto isn't necessarily going that route, but it's hardly surprising since it's Magneto.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Considering that the Extraordinary X-Men are apparently willing to work with the Inhumans, at least for now the "us vs them" aspect of it is fairly minimal. They're doing what heroes SHOULD do and working together rather than fighting each other.

Obviously Magneto isn't necessarily going that route, but it's hardly surprising since it's Magneto.
    I was actually referring to fans, not the characters themselves, which I find ironic.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post

storm's team are cowering in limbo to hide from the gasses. because her people are DYING. the ones that aren't dying are being murdered and thrown into large pits full of corpses while medusa and her people DO NOTHING.

if she tries to side with medusa, she should be considered just as dangerous of a threat to the remaining mutants as attilan is. and magneto and whoever is left should deal with her just as justly.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Reloaded View Post
    OP of that thread was banned by the way. He was obviously one of the people pursuing that agenda so I would say it's not totally tolerated.

I agree with you though and would wish there would be even more enforcing of it. Constant thread derailment, bashing and negativity is not what this forum should strive for. Especially since it leads to the thing that you are guilty of. The demonization of X-fans. Im one too and you basically threw me in the same boat as them. I don't blame you for it though because that is what those people are fostering with their behavior and I am certainly tired of it.

I have already stated my opinion about it to a mod a while ago and I can only advise everyone who feels the same to do it too.
    "This is me being reasonable"

Mighty Member

listen, i hear what you're saying.

but you're really only furthering my point even more.

you comparing medusa et all to a bunch of religious zealots holding up their holy books while people fall dead around their feet isn't really helping your case imo

she may not be a chemist, but she's got plenty of them. last i checked, she recruited beast. not to rid the pollution, but to find a way for mutants to tolerate the pollution...
    It's not that simple. From a reader's perspective, it's easy to say "get rid of the cloud" but think of the implications here. It's clear how highly the inhumans regards the t mist. To them, it allows them to reveal their true self. It's like a self impose puberty. Assuming that there is a method as simple as "burn the cloud" (we're talking about an unstable alien compound here) lets say medusa does it. What do you think that's going to do to her nation, and her people, they very people she is sworn to protect? There will be civil war (no pun intended) and her nation and people will fall before her, and considering that new attilan is on the outskirts of new York, the super hero hub of the world, you KNOW it would bleed into that. So people are going to die either way. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.

Again, I want to reiterate, that we are all assuming that it's super easy to get rid of this cloud. If it was so easy, I'm sure one of marvels resident super geniuses would have figured it out by now.

storm's team are cowering in limbo to hide from the gasses. because her people are DYING. the ones that aren't dying are being murdered and thrown into large pits full of corpses while medusa and her people DO NOTHING.

if she tries to side with medusa, she should be considered just as dangerous of a threat to the remaining mutants as attilan is. and magneto and whoever is left should deal with her just as justly.
    Eh... Magnento has tried "dealing" with the X-Men for decades. So nothing new here, and we'll likely get the usual end result.

As it stands, this particular story is less about the cloud and more about Magneto getting a hold of one of the Inhumans so unless that particular mutant is somehow responsible for the cloud it's really him targeting an innocent person (innocent at least in the context of what's happening to the mutants). Naturally the X-Men will stop that... it's what they do.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    OP of that thread was banned by the way. He was obviously one of the people pursuing that agenda so I would say it's not totally tolerated.

I agree with you though and would wish there would be even more enforcing of it. Constant thread derailment, bashing and negativity is not what this forum should strive for. Especially since it leads to the thing that you are guilty of. The demonization of X-fans. Im one too and you basically threw me in the same boat as them. I don't blame you for it though because that is what those people are fostering with their behavior and I am certainly tired of it.

I have already stated my opinion about it to a mod a while ago and I can only advise everyone who feels the same to do it too.
    The thing that scares me is that, initially, I was really excited for an inhuman vs. x-men event when the t cloud thing started, but ever since the salt tsunami from angry x fans wwashed over the marvel line, I'm kind of worried it would just destroy both properties...