Default Bosch: Season Two Friday on Amazon

Anyone watch Season One? I binged it several months ago and LOVED it. Can't wait to see what's ahead!

Amazing Member

Loved the first season. Watching it again this week to get ready for season 2.

Quote Originally Posted by djk61387 View Post
    Loved the first season. Watching it again this week to get ready for season 2.
    Awesome! I had no idea if anyone her watched it or not!

BANNED

Just finished binging season one over 3 days. Watching the first ep of season two in another window as I type this.

I've read all the books, though its been as many as 15 years for some of them, and love that from what I can remember the series is following the books fairly closely.

If you haven't read the books, the first season combines elements of three different books that occur midway in the series but it fairly closely follows the major points of those three books. I think it was a wise decision to start the series midway because it allows the series to bring in Harry's daughter whereas she isn't even born yet in the first book in the series which is the book where Harry meets his ex wife.

I've only seen one major difference and it regards Harry's daughter and ex wife but from the season two trailer I've seen I think they'll still be hitting the high points of the stuff, just in a different setting. EXTREME BOOK SPOILER HERE, that may happen in the series if it hasn't already in season two spoilers:
    In the books Eleanor and Maddie never move to Las Vegas, they stay in Hong Kong. Maddie wants to come live with her dad so she in an attempt make waves fakes her being kidnapped by friends only one of the friends has ties to an asian mob and the kidnapping becomes real. Harry and Eleanor team up to rescue Maddie and Eleanor gets killed in the process. Maddie then does come to live with Harry.
    end of spoilers

There are some other smaller differences in terms of characters but nothing that truly matters. For instance, in the book series Kiz is Harry's partner for a while. Harry has a lot of partners over the years, some good, some bad. I know Edgar, his current partner on the show, was his partner for many books but I can't recall exactly when and if it matches the current storylines or if it was Kiz then or another one of them. I also can't remember if Harry's female Lt supervisor even exists in the books. Harry had a lot of those too, some good, some bad but only the really bad ones like Pounds stand out.

Oh and one other MEGA difference. Book spoiler about an event from season one that played out differently from the books spoilers:
    The scene where Julia is cuffing Stokes and her gun goes off is much different in the books. There Julia actually purposely shoots herself in the shoulder. It wasn't an accident, it was definitely on purpose. She thought it would make her a hero and give her a fast track to detectives or command. Instead the bullet ends up hitting something major and she dies in Harry's arms. After that it plays out the same. Most of the cops want to crucify Stokes for killing a cop but Harry ends up telling the truth, that he saw Julia shoot herself.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by JediMindTrick; 04-14-2016 at 09:36 PM.