Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Default If You Started Reading Wonder Woman w/Azzarello's Run....

I brought this question up in a different thread but I think it deserves it's own thread. I'm curious to know, for those of you who first started reading about Wonder Woman with Azzarello's run, are you currently reading any books where she is a main character because of her appearing in that book? Current books that Diana is a main character in include(but may not be limited to):

Wonder Woman
    Superman/Wonder Woman
    Justice League
    Justice League of America
    Wonder Woman '77
    The Legend of Wonder Woman
    DC Bombshells

This thread is not meant to slam anyone who started reading Wonder Woman with Azz's run but more so to see if he inspired anyone to become a fan of the character without his direct involvement. Either way, there is nothing wrong with your choice.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Absolute Power, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Birds of Prey, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Justice Society of America, Shazam, Titans, & Wonder Woman.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I brought this question up in a different thread but I think it deserves it's own thread. I'm curious to know, for those of you who first started reading about Wonder Woman with Azzarello's run, are you currently reading any books where she is a main character because of her appearing in that book?
    While I did not start with Azzarello it's my favourite version.

Wonder Woman: and here we have my least favourite version...
    Superman/Wonder Woman, Justice League, Justice League of America: I have currently no interest in books that deal with the larger DCU.
    The Legend of Wonder Woman: This I will get the eventual trade/hardcover for.
    DC Bombshells: Wasn't this a series of cheesecake statuettes? Not the best calling card...

And you forgot Morrison's book, which I have on pre-order.

Incredible Member

As someone who started with JMS', but definitely did love Azzarello's run... He definitely got me more interested in the character, but I could tell that the Finchs were gonna be crap, so I avoided that. I'm enjoying her in Justice League, but not reading it for her (it's only recently that she became more than a placeholder, anyway). I am, however, mostly reading Superman/Wonder Woman FOR her, and probably did only start reading it because of Azzarello's run (and because Charles Soule was dope). Tomasi needs to takeover the main book.

I'm not avoiding the other books because of her, but more, I read too much as it is and haven't heard anything too exceptional about them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post

And you forgot Morrison's book, which I have on pre-order.
    Where did you pre-order it from and when will you get it? The sooner I can get it, outside the US, is sometime in May but I REALLY want to get mine sooner that that

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TickTock View Post
    As someone who started with JMS', but definitely did love Azzarello's run... He definitely got me more interested in the character, but I could tell that the Finchs were gonna be crap, so I avoided that. I'm enjoying her in Justice League, but not reading it for her (it's only recently that she became more than a placeholder, anyway). I am, however, mostly reading Superman/Wonder Woman FOR her, and probably did only start reading it because of Azzarello's run (and because Charles Soule was dope). Tomasi needs to takeover the main book.

I'm not avoiding the other books because of her, but more, I read too much as it is and haven't heard anything too exceptional about them.
    oh no, he is really bad writing wonder woman.

I started reading with azzarello, then i made my way to rucka and simone runs.
    SMWW is a waste of time, because WW is only there to show how awesome superman is.
    I read legend of wonder woman, it is pretty good with excelent art (reminds me of chiang art)

bombshells I will probably get back to it, the story is good and art too (love some laura braga art)

the current run is unreadable

What about Sensation Comics? Are any of you reading Wonder Woman in that as well?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KoriandrJean View Post
    What about Sensation Comics? Are any of you reading Wonder Woman in that as well?
    I read most of issues, majority good stories but some awful too.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KoriandrJean View Post

I liked that book but it has been cancelled for a few months now.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Absolute Power, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Birds of Prey, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Justice Society of America, Shazam, Titans, & Wonder Woman.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Pamp_Lusa View Post
    Where did you pre-order it from and when will you get it? The sooner I can get it, outside the US, is sometime in May but I REALLY want to get mine sooner that that
    Amazon UK. And it says it comes out April 21, so I should get it about a week later..

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tayswift View Post
    oh no, he is really bad writing wonder woman.

I started reading with azzarello, then i made my way to rucka and simone runs.
    SMWW is a waste of time, because WW is only there to show how awesome superman is.
    I read legend of wonder woman, it is pretty good with excelent art (reminds me of chiang art)

bombshells I will probably get back to it, the story is good and art too (love some laura braga art)

the current run is unreadable
    See, I completely disagree about Superman/Wonder Woman. If anything, Truth had Clark turned into an egotistical brat who couldn't handle how Diana was better at taking care of herself than he was.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TickTock View Post
    See, I completely disagree about Superman/Wonder Woman. If anything, Truth had Clark turned into an egotistical brat who couldn't handle how Diana was better at taking care of herself than he was.
    still doesn't make Tomasi wonder woman any great character.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pamp_Lusa View Post

Try amazon that's where I preordered my copy which arrives as soon as the book is released

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    This thread is not meant to slam anyone who started reading Wonder Woman with Azz's run but more so to see if he inspired anyone to become a fan of the character without his direct involvement.
    It's pretty simple.

No one should say "You did not read the initial "New52" run. Are you a fan?". It doesn't make much sense.

As for everything that's going right now, no. Not reading any of it. Give me a really good run with really good writing and almost no editorial meddling, and we can talk. Otherwise, it probably won't do the character or the writer's work much justice.

Also, that actually goes for most any character at at most any company.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Amazon UK. And it says it comes out April 21, so I should get it about a week later..
    Quote Originally Posted by willienotwilliam View Post
    Try amazon that's where I preordered my copy which arrives as soon as the book is released
    Yeah I did that, thanks very much ^^