Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
    Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    The guy's writing is safe as some say...but uninspired. He did a spell with the SM book...between Perez and Lobdell...really forgetable stuff. Well I think end of this month is the Con where we get to find out what the heck Rebirth is about.

Oh and on an interview, when asked, Didio said the title he is most excited for with Rebirth is "Super Sons".
    Jurgens draws a great Superman. He's the first artist to make Jim Lee's unaltered line ridden and metallic design of the New 52 suit look ok and like SuperMAN rather than SuperBOY in a bad 90's parody of a Superman costume.. To me his Superman artistically is right up there with Curt Swan and Jose Luis Garcia Lopez as the "iconic" Superman in terms of what imagery pops into my head when I hear the name "Superman". His writing was fine in the 90's and is ok on the Lois and Clark title, but he's not the guy you want co-leading the character in 2016. I wouldn't mind him co-plotting or drawing...but his dated dialogue really grates on me. His short run on New 52 Superman wasn't terrible as Lobdell ultimately was, but really contributed nothing of note. In fact I can't remember specific story beats of those issues.

As I said prior, Jurgens should not be writing one of the flagship Supertitles, however he can draw Superman any time he wants. He should be what Swan was in the late 80's and 90's, a permanant standby fill-in and cover artist who contributes art on special events or as a dependable last minute fill in.

Tomasi, could go either way. I REALLY liked his run on BATMAN AND ROBIN,but his Superman/Wonder Woman was a step down from Soule. SUPER LEAGUE will be a litmus test.

I do wish we kept Pak. His leaving ACTION really bums me out.
    Last edited by manofsteel1979; 03-14-2016 at 09:15 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Tomasi talks about Super League and Rebirth...

DC's SUPER LEAGUE Crossover To Have 'Ramifications' & 'Revelations' For REBIRTH: http://www.newsarama.com/28368-dc-s-...r-rebirth.html

it is about time to end smww

The "Uber-story" line has me genuinely thinking for the first time pre-52 Supes might be a goner. I didn't think they'd go there again with that but I think they just might now. I won't be broken up about it but whoa nelly will some others. But at this point it won't surprise me if he dies, somehow his abilities get transferred over to his wife, and its that version of Lois, not New 52 Lois, that becomes Superwoman.

Sounds like a definitive end, at least for the time being, of Superman and Wonder Woman as an item. Of course I hope I'm wrong but the signs point that way to me. Pity since it hasn't even touched on its potential yet. But there's always the future. Unless he's just talking about wrapping up the title. I'd like to see with him play with the dynamic more on the Superman bi-weekly though, since its pretty clear he's staying for that.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 03-14-2016 at 06:01 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Tayswift View Post
    ok sure, twilight, glee, paper towns (the book), many others recent success and classics like pride and prejudice
    I must be wrong so

Superman readers want these? Are you SURE about that?

it wasn't their biological kid, and it wasn't boring

Yes, it was boring. There was a large gap between the last 2 issues of Johns' "Last Son" arc, which allowed other writers to play with the idea of Lois & Clark raising Zod's kid. If the idea had been popular, Johns would have re-written the Action annual to keep him around instead of sending him back to the PZ.

no, because clark isn't a generic guy. the marriage had plenty of great times

After the initial period after the wedding issue, what did they do with it that was so great? Did Lois & Clark do anything married that they couldn't have done otherwise?

See the bold above. The marriage is played out, and Lois & Clark in general, is played out. It may be their ultimate destiny to be together, but we've seen it. I like that we're getting something new that we haven't seen so many times across 75 years of comics, movies, and television. I enjoy Lois more when she's in on the secret ID, but I'd prefer to not see them together again for a very, very long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    The "Uber-story" line has me genuinely thinking for the first time pre-52 Supes might be a goner. I didn't think they'd go there again with that but I think they just might now. I won't be broken up about it but whoa nelly will some others. But at this point it won't surprise me if he dies, somehow his abilities get transferred over to his wife, and its that version of Lois, not New 52 Lois, that becomes Superwoman.
    I want to say DC Comics isn't that stupid...however judging from their track record, I'm inclined to think the following will happen.

Pre-52 Superman dies in a manner that makes the embarassing way Kal-L died at the end of INFINITE CRISIS look dignified (this being the alleged " most controversial" moment DiDio alluded to recently")

Pre-52 Lois dies along with her husband leaving their Son orphaned to be raised by current Lois who somehow gains power ...because of "reasons" OR she gains her husbands powers to become the star of SuperWoman and current Lois dies (again,,,,"reasons"), either way leaving a Lois Lane that is a superheroine (because a normal mortal ace reporter is so boring after all. Also Superman gets a super powered girlfriend who also happens to be Lois Lane! So, you Cloisers, shut up already! We hear ya!!!)

Our current Superman somehow gets Pre-52's memories, effectively merging them (see? they are the same guy now! It all happened yet didn't all happen and we aren't gonna ever explain it even though there is no possible way to reconcile it all. Now stop yer' whineing already!). Essentially, this is the "rebirthed" Superman.With both the memories of both the Pre-52 and current Superman. That way they can say Superman experienced everything Post-Crisis, yet preserve the New continuity.Having their cake and eating it too in the clumsiest of ways.

The "new" Superman will at least briefly wear the trunked classic suit....for reasons. (See? we brought back the classic Superman uniform! We care about our fans!)

I light fire to my comic book collection in disgust and run screaming.

Ok...I might be exaggerating a little...but honestly I could see all that happening. Let's try to please everyone while pissing everyone off. DC Comics' moto when it comes to Superman since around 2003.
    Last edited by manofsteel1979; 03-17-2016 at 08:27 AM.

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    I want to say DC Comics isn't that stupid...however judging from their track record, I'm inclined to think the following will happen.

Pre-52 Superman dies in a manner that makes the embarassing way Kal-L died at the end of INFINITE CRISIS look dignified (this being the alleged " most controversial" moment DiDio alluded to recently")

Pre-52 Lois dies along with her husband leaving their Son orphaned to be raised by current Lois who somehow gains power ...because of "reasons" OR she gains her husbands powers to become the star of SuperWoman and current Lois dies (again,,,,"reasons"), either way leaving a Lois Lane that is a superheroine (because a normal mortal ace reporter is so boring after all. Also Superman gets a super powered girlfriend who also happens to be Lois Lane! So, you Cloisers, shut up already! We hear ya!!!)

Our current Superman somehow gets Pre-52's memories, effectively merging them (see? they are the same guy now! It all happened yet didn't all happen and we aren't gonna ever explain it even though there is no possible way to reconcile it all. Now stop yer' whineing already!). Essentially, this is the "rebirthed" Superman.With both the memories of both the Pre-52 and current Superman. That way they can say Superman experienced everything Post-Crisis, yet preserve the New continuity.Having their cake and eating it too in the clumsiest of ways.

The "new" Superman will at least briefly wear the trunked classic suit....for reasons. (See? we brought back the classic Superman uniform! We care about our fans!)

Ok...I might be exaggerating a little...but honestly I could see all that happening. Let's try to please everyone while pissing everyone off. DC Comics' moto when it comes to Superman since around 2003.
    Seriously, can DC just use more multiverse stuff for Superman? I mean, that was kind of the point of Elseworlds stories for a while. I mean, multiverse material can do things that canon shouldn't, like definite endings, changing the character's nature, etc. They don't have to try pandering to everyone in canon. That's a stupid idea considering that they shouldn't be giving us what we whine or demand from them, they should be throwing out creative ideas and finding out, hey, we like that.

But hey, thanks for the post, it gave me at least some laughs when I read it!

You know I love ya man...but you gotta let go of the briefs.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    It was sarcasm. I think we're all pretty much upset, in spite of our disagreements, at the crazy All-Out Pandering that it appears that DC will be doing across the board for Superman, which is not the way to go for Superman. DC should just make up their minds as to what they are going to go with. It's inevitably not going to be to some of our tastes, but it never will be.
    Last edited by DieHard200904; 03-17-2016 at 09:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    It was sarcasm. Although I prefer the classic suit and dislike the Lee one, to bring it back at this point would just be pandering and pointless.

Which is exactly why the DC Comics we know and love could TOTALLY do it.

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard200904 View Post
    It was sarcasm. I think we're all pretty much upset, in spite of our disagreements, at the crazy All-Out Pandering that it appears that DC will be doing across the board for Superman, which is not the way to go for Superman. DC should just make up their minds as to what they are going to go with.
    Exactly. I wasn't the biggest fan of the reboot when it first happened,but for Rao's sake, pick a direction and STICK WITH IT. This trying to please everyone shtick since 2003 has ruined the franchise.

With the judgmental douche Jurgens is writing the guy as in the L&C title, I won't care at all if they do kill him off. It certainly wouldn't be as distasteful to me as it was when it happened to Kal-L.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

It was sarcasm. Although I prefer the classic suit and dislike the Lee one, to bring it back at this point would just be pandering and pointless.

The MOS suit would be perfect though.

Exactly. I wasn't the biggest fan of the reboot when it first happened,but for Rao's sake, pick a direction and STICK WITH IT. This trying to please everyone shtick since 2003 has ruined the franchise.
    The 2000s stuff scared me off to Elseworlds, where I marvelled at the greatness of those non-canon stories known as All-Star Superman, Secret Identity, Red Son, Speeding Bullets, and more. Yeah, that time wasn't so nice to Superman.

In this case, pandering is good. Hopefully they do.

After all the Rebirth announcements, I'm now committed to picking this up!
    TOP FIVE PULLS AMAZING SPIDER-MAN, HULK, NICE HOUSE, NIGHTWING, SAGA