Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    At least when characters appears in Superman comics, they aren't humiliated by Clark. Shy or not, he respects his guests.
    Yeah, well, Superman and Batman isn't the only unbalanced relationship he has or has had, but it tends to be the more obvious to some people.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePinkPeril View Post
    Does Tomasi not like Lois? I know certain tptb hated her, and past writers couldn't get rid of her fast enough. Jurgens does well with her characterization.
    I certainly saw plot opportunities with her at numerous times that the writers passed up on. Lois Lane could have written up something about how the government violated peoples' constitutional rights. That would have been a logical plot point for her character to do, the more I think about it. She's not the star, but still, that could fill some time. I mean, I see it as part of the larger problem that the people writing Superman don't know Superman. I mean, multiple writers couldn't even get his backstory right in the New 52 (Thought he started off at the Daily Planet, when he didn't). I mean, as juvenile as this sounds, writers should be required to look up Superman's wiki article for the DCNU. It should be mandatory.

But then again, I am not that fond of that Pre-Flashpoint Lois either, letting her husband lock people up for crimes that have not been physically committed at all (Hank Henshaw and others) where's her moral stance against her husband's fascist actions? So basically, one writer (Tomasi) doesn't like her all that much, or maybe is trying to fulfill editorial mandate to prevent Superman from marrying her (I don't know which), and Jurgens, by bad writing, makes the other Lois Lane look bad by not sticking up and acting like the moral compass she supposedly should be.
    Last edited by DieHard200904; 03-07-2016 at 09:24 PM.

Hmmmm ... still not 100% sure what to make of this. I definitely prefer the N52 Superman so I'm glad it sounds like DC are most likely continuing with this version

It was a cool interview and I've been a fan of Tomasi for quite some time so I have a significant amount of faith in his writing ...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ThePinkPeril View Post
    Does Tomasi not like Lois? I know certain tptb hated her, and past writers couldn't get rid of her fast enough. Jurgens does well with her characterization.
    I don't think he likes her, I'm almost sure of it. he made Lana punch Lois, and Lois didn't even reacted and punched Lana in good style.he was pandering to the people he constantly speaks on twitter, that want to see lois dead. So i don't see a good future for Lois with Tomasi writing.
    maybe it is the editors, because Pak and Yang that everyone have about them being diverse and good writers, did nothing for Lois.
    jurgens is a sweetheart

Quote Originally Posted by Ina heshima kwa Jumuia kama ka View Post
    This interviews makes it all the more certain that Tomasi will be on Superman following Rebirth, and since that was reported by Bleeding Cool, Jurgens on Action Comics is also almost guaranteed.

Some of us have speculated that Lois will get superpowers following Super League, and that also seems a certainty now. Super League setting up the Superman line Post-Rebirth makes it pretty clear that Superwoman is going to be Lois Lane after "her life is changed forever".
    this is not what the character needs now and I don't trust the editors to know what to do with the character. Imagine months without Lois starring on her own book haha
    the last superwoman was lucy lane and the tv show seems to be going the same way.
    Last edited by Tayswift; 03-07-2016 at 06:17 PM.

Spectacular Member

Bleh. This interview pretty much killed my excitement for Rebirth. Please, DC, just cancel the entire line and start from scratch with a clean reboot -- you could give all the characters the DC You treatment. Or go back to pre-Crisis continuity. Or... anything except a continuance of the New52. And get rid of the v-collars. It especially doesn't fit well on Superman and with all the characters wearing them, it looks like they are part of some sort of totalitarian regime.

They still wont admit defeat. Just what the superman books need, ANOTHER crossover.

Quote Originally Posted by WTNew View Post
    Bleh. This interview pretty much killed my excitement for Rebirth. Please, DC, just cancel the entire line and start from scratch with a clean reboot -- you could give all the characters the DC You treatment. Or go back to pre-Crisis continuity. Or... anything except a continuance of the New52. And get rid of the v-collars. It especially doesn't fit well on Superman and with all the characters wearing them, it looks like they are part of some sort of totalitarian regime.
    Why quit on the New 52 Superman, which was succeeding, and go with the DCYouismed Superman, which was a complete flop? And I'm talking a business perspective, not a personal preference perspective. If you liked the DCYou, cool. But critically and financially it failed badly.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 03-08-2016 at 02:36 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Why quit on the New 52 Superman, which was succeeding, and go with the DCYouismed Superman, which was a complete flop? And I'm talking a business perspective, not a personal preference perspective. If you liked the DCYou, cool. But critically and financially it failed badly.
    What DC does hasn't exactly made sense, aside from wanting to just try throwing at the wall and trying to see what sticks. With Superman, well, they got him started well, but they apparently didn't set any apparent borders or guidelines as to where the writers should go afterwards.

I know you're trying to find out where I hang my cape. YOU WON'T.

Any more crossovers and I'm out. I probably won't even entertain the idea this time around and this is coming from a reader that gives any reboot or whatever they want to call it a chance. Crossovers isn't the word I like to see right now.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard200904 View Post
    Yeah, well, Superman and Batman isn't the only unbalanced relationship he has or has had, but it tends to be the more obvious to some people.
    Superman has other "unbalanced relationships"? Who else bully him?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    why continue with new 52 superman? it didn't worked out, simply like that. he has higher levels of rejection amongst the fandom

Unless you have any sort of source to prove a "higher level of rejection amongst fandom", and any tangible financial fall out from it, its safe to assume you're making that up.

The facts are simple. New 52 Superman sold fine. Still not as good as I think a character like Superman should be, but he was doing better than he was before the reboot. From the start of the New 52 through 2014 we had a steady ebb and flow in sales; it was steady. Things started going downhill after Convergence and the start of the DCYou. The financial downward trend starts there. That's not an opinion, its simply the numbers.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 03-08-2016 at 07:36 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Superman has other "unbalanced relationships"? Who else bully him?
    He went out with a lady who prefers to dominate him and scared him with a magic sword.

/sarc

He went out with a lady who prefers to dominate him and scared him with a magic sword.

/sarc
    is that the one who he got involved so deeply that he would split an atom for her? she must be very mean

/sarc2

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

/sarc
    You must be the guy who made the thread about Superman's "demasculinization".

/sarc3
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 03-08-2016 at 08:02 PM.